Machida's Resume vs. Shogun's Resume

Not at all.

Machida Win: Sokoudjou > Nog, Nakamura (Machida Win), and Arona

Machida Win: Ryan Bader > Rampage and Nog

Thiago is a better and higher ranked fighter than the likes of Diabate and Forrest. Where are you getting this idea that his resume is more impressive?

Your MMA Math doesn't make your argument right, just biased.

Your MMA Math doesn't make your argument right, just biased.

JdFFLvZ.gif

Forrest was ranked higher then both of those two you listed when Shogun beat him, will post proof in my next post, was ranked higher then Thiago as well who has yet to beat someone relevant

Shogun win: Rampage>Machida

Shogun win: Rampage>Henderson

Shogun win: Nog>Evans

Looks like your boys best wins are running out

I'm waiting on that. You could be right.

My single example of Sokoudjou covered your whole three.

Rashad was a higher ranked opponent than Nog, and that's one.

MMA math is worthless.

Lets take a look.

Shogun win: Rampage>Henderson

Shogun win: Nog>Evans

Shogun win: Liddell>Ortiz and Couture

Shogun win: Rampage>Machida himself

Shogun win: Forrest>Franklin

Shogun win: Nog>Henderson

Shogun win: Arona>Henderson

How can Machida even compare?

More legitimate than weighing your opinion over official results and chalking up back to back KO's over Shogun's opponents as "flukes".

They weren't just flukes but anything can happen in MMA especially when you are dealing with a hard hitter like Sokoudjou. Fact is that Sokoudjou has accomplished almost nothing in MMA after knocking out Little Nog and Arona in 2007.

No one believes this shit but Machida nuthuggers.
Everyone knows Shogun won, hints the instant rematch.

The only reason Shogun got the rematch is because Dana thought he won.

#1 Jones

#2 Chuck & Wandy (tie)

#4 Machida, Shogun, Evans, Rampage, Hendo (tie)

#9....Randy?!? who knows.

Hendo has the most accolades across weight classes and Shogun had possibly the best 4 month run in the history of the sport. Evans, Machida and Rampage are all in there too.

wait a minute, what was the topic?

Shogun by far. Better question would be which was more impressive; Shogun's Pride run or Machida's UFC run from debut to winning the title. I think Shogun takes that as well.

<----- No bias here

nice post

so many little things could skew the results though

shogun vs machida I being given to shogun

shogun vs hendo being ruled a draw

overall if you compare machida's last performance vs hendo against shogun's, you would say shogun is the "better" man

i love shogun and i think he looked good vs gusty, but i think machida vs shogun would probably go to machida nowadays

MMA math is worthless.

How can Machida even compare?

Statistics aren't. Machida's opponents win more often than Shogun's. Machida's opponents have beaten more of Shogun's opponents. Machida's best opponents are higher ranked.

Lyoto Machida

Machida's Resume (11 best wins):
Dan Henderson,&#65279; Shogun, Rashad Evans, Rich Franklin, Randy Couture, Tito Ortiz, Ryan Bader, BJ Penn, Thiago Silva, Sokoudjou, Nakamura.

Rankings:
Dan Henderson - #2, Shogun - #5, Rashad Evans - #1, Rich Franklin - #11-13, Randy Couture - #8, Tito Ortiz - #10-12, Ryan Bader - #6, BJ Penn - ?, Thiago Silva - #12, Sokoudjou - #4, Nakamura - #14

Best - #1, #2, #4, #5, #6

Combined wins/losses of opponents (at the time they fought):
159 wins/36 = .811 winning percentage

Opponents' combined wins over eachother's opponents:
Sokoudjou beat Nog, Nakamura, and Arona. Ryan Bader beat Nog and Rampage.

Shogun Rua

Shogun's Resume (11 best wins ): Machida, Rampage,Overeem x2, Arona,Nogueria, Liddell,&#65279;Forrest,Coleman,Diaba*te,Nakamura,Randleman.

Rankings:
Rampage - #4, Overeem - #5/#11, Arona - #4, Nog - #7, Liddell - #7, Machida - #1, Randleman - #26, Forrest - ?, Diabate - ?, Nakamura - ?

Best - #1, #4, #4, #5, #7

176 wins/57 = .755 winning percentage

Opponents' combined wins over eachother's opponents:
Forrest beat Franklin. Liddel beat Couture. Rampage beat Henderson.

Since were on the topic of statistics, out of the list of Machida's opponents he has 6 finishes. Shogun has 10 finishes.

Statistics aren't. Machida's opponents win more often than Shogun's. Machida's opponents have beaten more of Shogun's opponents. Machida's best opponents are higher ranked.

to me the #'s show a virtual tie. saying otherwise is like saying someone who landed 24 strikes CLEARLY beat someone who landed 23 strikes.

i mean cmon:

Best - #1, #2, #4, #5, #6
159 wins/36 = .811 winning percentage​

= 24 strikes

Best - #1, #4, #4, #5, #7
176 wins/57 = .755 winning percentage​

= 23 strikes

Back