Machida's Resume vs. Shogun's Resume

Why not just present a case for Machida having the better resume? Instead of whining about irrelevant shit, like Shogun fans on Sherdog, that really has nothing to do with the subject discussed itt.

they won't because they can't, it's really that simple...and I'm not even trying to disrespect the real machida fans, I'm talking about these karate nerds who came in here acting crazy

Last edited:
There are so many points why Shogun is FAR superior to Machida (as a fighter and resume) but I will give two:

1) Pride MW GP win and run alone is better than anything Machida done put together (including annihilating prime Rampage and Arona in 1 round)

2) Shogun beat Machida twice - in a technical fight and in a brawl.

If you don't see or understand this - you are a dumbass!!!

I'm a massive fan of both guys, seriously they're two of my favourite fighters of all-time, but objectively speaking Shogun is the greater fighter. As of right now, he has accomplished more, has the better resume, and bested Machida over the two fights they had. I love Lyoto and I rate him so highly, but for me this one isn't even difficult to decide on.

they won't because they can't, it's really that simple...and I'm not even trying to disrespect the real machida fans, I'm talking about these karate nerds who came in here acting crazy

I fully agree, there are loads of cool Machida fans. Several of them have posted itt, proving that one can be a huge fan of a fighter and still remain relatively objective.

Machida is my favorite UFC fighter ever and I still give shogun props for having the better resume.

Yer stats work thanks to wins over unbeaten Rashad Evans and David Heath, where as shogun beat undefeated machida. However shogun's career is obviously an outstanding list of violent victories. He deserves his props.

I'm done with this thread. I feel dirty just being in here discussing Shogun and Machida like this, I like both these guys, I just think Machida stands a better chance realistically against Jones than Shogun does.

Shogun's a much more exciting fighter than Machida and I respect the hell out of that. Most his fights are close too. Machida fights like a girl sometimes but he gets the job done and has produced some beautiful KO's. I respect both these fighters and what they've done for the sport and would enjoy if they humbled Jonny Jones.

tool

you guys should stop being asses, they are both good fighters, Shogun was a badass in his prime and would beat almost all lhw's in his prime, but machida still has his legs and would win in a rubber match. They are both ninjas

Liddell is still consistently ranked among the top 3 lhw goat's despite his skid so what is your point

I don't understand why you hate machida like he is shogun's enemy they are actually very friendly with each other and both are very skilled. I like both fighters. Its not an either or

I don't understand why you hate machida like he is shogun's enemy they are actually very friendly with each other and both are very skilled. I like both fighters. Its not an either or

I don't though

Shogun, though I've always like Machida as a fighter.

Back