Lyoto Machida got robbed!

Weidman 49-46 (1,2,3,5).
But overall it was a fairly close fight and I admit to getting a little nervous in the 4th when Weidman was hurt briefly and hence getting tired.
But he came back well in the 5th and survived the onslaught at the end, which was awesome.

Props to Machida too though, put on a great fight and will definitely be back in there fighting for the title sooner rather than later.

Fightmetric is not how fights are scored.

Name a single MMA site that scored round 2 for Machida. One will suffice.

Machida is awesome, but some of his fans are terrible. In your eyes Machida can't lose a fight unless he's gets finished, seriously.

Absolute garbage. I would suggest you watch the round again without the beer/weed goggles that you had on the first time you watched it. The Chris landed as many meaningful strikes + had a takedown+side control+mount+back mount......so he clearly won round 5.

This fight was super exciting, but Weidman won 4 rounds to 1.

Don't forget the standing elbow in the 5th which I personally think was the best strike of the whole fight.

Weidman did not clearly win 5

2 was a toss up.

sorry but no.

Disagree with your last statement. Round five was very close, I'd give the edge to Machida, but I don't see him winning any of the first three.

how did machida edge round 5 ? Weidman landed as many significant strikes (actually rocked Machida....something Machida did not do) and took him down, passed to side control, got mount, then back mount and controlled the rest of the round....barring ten seconds of Machida offence.

he clearly won round 5.

I wanted Machida to win in a big way, but this is just wrong.

Chris Weidman clearly won that fight.

The only round I'd give Machida was 4. Maybe 2 if I was really biased in his favor, but there's no way to give Machida 3 rounds.

Chris won this fight and it was not even remotely close/controversial.

Fightmetric is not how fights are scored.

Like I said before I thought they were being generous when they awarded him 5 strikes lol. I don't care about fight metric it just emphasizes how little Lyoto landed in that round.

Don't forget the standing elbow in the 5th which I personally think was the best strike of the whole fight.

in that post i missed it....but in later posts, i made sure to mention that because the Machida fanboys are still somehow claiming he won round 5.

in that post i missed it....but in later posts, i made sure to mention that because the Machida fanboys are still somehow claiming he won round 5.

At least he had some serious offensive output in that round. The claim that he won round 2 is what puzzles me.

If Machida would have turned on his aggression like in the 4th round in the 3rd round he would have won. There was no shame in this loss, Machida put up a better fight than any of Weidman's opponents, he lasted far longer than Silva, and even had Weidman in danger. Machida loss but this was a great fight and if the dragon can be 1 to 2 more MW's he will have another shot at the belt. This fight was Weidman pushing the right aggression buttons without falling into lyoto's counter traps (too often). We saw Weidman become human ( Lyoto's one of the few fighters with the ability to expose great fighters) and we saw Lyoto's wild aggressive style. He didn't win but it was a great fight and a rematch before Lyoto retires would be awesome.

sorry but no.

how did machida edge round 5 ? Weidman landed as many significant strikes (actually rocked Machida....something Machida did not do) and took him down, passed to side control, got mount, then back mount and controlled the rest of the round....barring ten seconds of Machida offence.

he clearly won round 5.

Unfortunately no.

"10 seconds of (hardcore) striking offense" should be worth a lot more than a short grapplefuk on the ground that was excaped

At least he had some serious offensive output in that round. The claim that he won round 2 is what puzzles me.

the sad thing is the fight was awesome and Machida is a fucking STUD. But he lost the fight 4-1, and it seems for some that this is not something they are willing to accept.

This is getting ridiculous. Not sure if you are trolling, clowning or whatever, TS. You should be feeling ashamed for making such a dumb thread.

This fight was clear as day. To call it otherwise is plain stupid.

2005 member who isn't capable of even scoring a fight. WTF?

Would you have the same opinion without the single(meaningless) takedown that was immediately escaped?

These people winning rounds by a single takedown,that doesn't do anything, is baffling and ludicrous.

I think Machida lost the fight but I agree the 10-8 round was the result of a judge who was likely high on drugs or drunk.

Back