Lyoto Machida got robbed!

The correct and most sensible score was 49-46. I believe this was by far the most common score by media outlets too.

Regardless of that, Weidman proved that he is a significantly better fighter than Machida. He manhandled and outstruck him for the majority of the fight. And even when Machida got a couple of flurries (partial) landing, Weidman was not fazed at all. Weidman won on the score cards, won on the feet, won on the ground and rearranged Machida's face...and walked away with barely a scratch.

Machida is a brilliant, skilled fighter. Maybe even more brilliant and skilled than Anderson when all things are considered. It's just a shame for him that Chris Weidman exists.

Round 2 a draw or for Lyoto. Chris got outstruck.

4 Lyoto

5 Lyoto. He did a lot more.

I score the fight a draw.

Glad you're not a judge either bro! Machida's face got messed up in Rds 2-3. But hey guess what, Lyoto had Chris against the cage and did nothing with it until he decided to last minute flurry him. Then he got taken down again. Judges love takedowns and when you td a guy who rarely gets td, it looks better in their eyes. Also, Machida pushed forward more than Ive ever seen him. With that being said, it was a close fight, I was rooting for Machida, and just like in bb when a tie goes to the runner Weidman did enough to defend his belt. Most educated MMA fans know by now not to question the judges especially when the champ gets a fifth rd td. /thread

was a 3-2 fight no problem with that

I just couldn't see any 10-8 rnd how in the hell a judge score that

No it wasn't and no he didn't

Yes he did. Lyoto landed the only damaging strikes in the round.

Lyoto got up very quickly even though chris got a takedown at the end of the round and chris didn't do anything with it.

The closest round in the fight was round 2. Accuracy and damage > output

Lyoto.

You didnt watch round 2.

Weidman landed 14/37 for 37% in round 2
Machida landed 5/14 for 35% in round 2

Wediman was more active, more accurate and did more damage i round 2.

Glad you're not a judge either bro! Machida's face got messed up in Rds 2-3. But hey guess what, Lyoto had Chris against the cage and did nothing with it until he decided to last minute flurry him. Then he got taken down again. Judges love takedowns and when you td a guy who rarely gets td, it looks better in their eyes. Also, Machida pushed forward more than Ive ever seen him. With that being said, it was a close fight, I was rooting for Machida, and just like in bb when a tie goes to the runner Weidman did enough to defend his belt. Most educated MMA fans know by now not to question the judges especially when the champ gets a fifth rd td. /thread

5th round td with ground and pound, advancement to mount, transition to back control and significant standing elbow strike > 5 second flurry that does no significant damage; easy 10-9 for Weidman. Thank you, drive through.

Rewatching the fight I see what you mean.

Round2 toss up. Lyoto wins striking. Weidman lands a takedown and doesn't do much with it. Lyoto gets up.

I gave 4 and 5 to lyoto. He did more.

Fight is a draw imo.

Machida landed like 5 strikes in round 2. And got taken down. How is that a toss up round? Lol, you can always rely on good ol' 411dd to drink that piss.

Round 2 a draw or for Lyoto. Chris got outstruck.

4 Lyoto

5 Lyoto. He did a lot more.

I score the fight a draw.

Absolute garbage. I would suggest you watch the round again without the beer/weed goggles that you had on the first time you watched it. The Chris landed as many meaningful strikes + had a takedown+side control+mount+back mount......so he clearly won round 5.

This fight was super exciting, but Weidman won 4 rounds to 1.

It was very, very, very clearly a 48-47 Weidman. Machida got aggressive too late and it cost him.

And some people need to collect on their sig bets with me.

RNDs
1-Weidman 10-9
2-Weidman 10-9
3-Weidman 10-9
4-Lyoto 10-9 (but could have been a 10-8, it was all Lyoto/ weidman did 2 takedown that were blocked)
5-Lyoto 10-9

48-47 Weidman

Best case for lyoto a draw , but Honestly no! Weidman won!

Yes he did. Lyoto landed the only damaging strikes in the round.

Lol there were non, and Machida gave up the the center of the octagon the whole round while only landing 5 strikes (I was surprised they counted that many since it looked like he only really landed two(Body kick, Overhand). Weidman was aggressive the whole round while controlling the center of the octagon, and he got a takedown with some ground and pound at the end of the round

Weidman 3-2, still MW Champion. Lyoto either needs to get more aggressive early or quit fighting because he's just getting boring now.

Absolute garbage. I would suggest you watch the round again without the beer/weed goggles that you had on the first time you watched it. The Chris landed as many meaningful strikes + had a takedown+side control+mount+back mount......so he clearly won round 5.

This fight was super exciting, but Weidman won 4 rounds to 1.

I watched the fight the morning after. At first I thought Weidman won, but then looking closer, I think it was a lot closer than people are making it out to be. Round 5 lyoto did the significant damage in that round. Round 2 may have been stolen by chris by a meaningless takedown when he got outstruck in the round but could have gone either way.

Back