Lyoto Machida got robbed!

It was very, very, very clearly a 48-47 Weidman. Machida got aggressive too late and it cost him.

And some people need to collect on their sig bets with me.

I agree that Weidman won the fight but there's nothing very very very clear about round 5, that one could arguably be scored for either guy or 10-10. Doesn't matter though, as Weidman won the first 3.

RNDs
1-Weidman 10-9
2-Weidman 10-9
3-Weidman 10-9
4-Lyoto 10-9 (but could have been a 10-8, it was all Lyoto/ weidman did 2 takedown that were blocked)
5-Lyoto 10-9

48-47 Weidman

Best case for lyoto a draw , but Honestly no! Weidman won!

Round 4 possible 10-8....lol if you honestly think that you need to stop scoring fights.

Round 5 Lyoto...how? go watch the fight again without the bias.

Weidman won 123 and 5....for 49-46.

Chris landed more shots and did more damage in the second. Fuck accuracy.

And how did he do nothing with his takedowns? He mounted Machida and took his back. Plus he rocked him in the stand up.

You a troll or really biased

Machida just isnt that good. His style isnt suited for real fighting. Maybe point fighting karate.

Machida just isnt that good. His style isnt suited for real fighting. Maybe point fighting karate.

He did a lot better than Silva. I guess silva isn't suited for real fighting either.

I watched the fight the morning after. At first I thought Weidman won, but then looking closer, I think it was a lot closer than people are making it out to be. Round 5 lyoto did the significant damage in that round. Round 2 may have been stolen by chris by a meaningless takedown when he got outstruck in the round.

Rubbish. Weidman landed a big right hand and a huge elbow that rocked Machida. then took him down and controlled the end of the round barring ten seconds of offence from Lyoto....

Weidman clearly won round 5.

I watched the fight the morning after. At first I thought Weidman won, but then looking closer, I think it was a lot closer than people are making it out to be. Round 5 lyoto did the significant damage in that round. Round 2 may have been stolen by chris by a meaningless takedown when he got outstruck in the round but could have gone either way.

I originally thought Weidman dominated the first 3 rounds and Machida won the last 2 but I found it online later and watched it again paying attention to every little thing.

Machida actually won the first round, because of the commentating and how aggressive Weidman was it looked like he was dominating but when paying attention, nothing he threw landed at all, it was all blocked or dodged. Machida landed a few good combos in there.

Round 2 nothing much happened until the end but Weidman got a takedown and landed a few knees when Machida stood up so he won that round.

Round 3 Weidman landed some really good punching combos and busted Machida up pretty good.

Round 4 Machida hurt Weidman with some good combos and won that round.

So it's 2-2 in my book at that point. Round 5 Machida was doing better and then he got taken down and Weidman landed another good combo on him and cut his face with an elbow, then at the end Machida turned it on and was beating him up against the fence. Hard round to judge. It was a close fight. Machida is the first guy to win any rounds against Weidman though and did way better than Anderson did.

I was going to create a similar thread as a joke, because I knew no one would, seriously.

And I am a guy who didn't think the first Machida/Shogun decision was out of bounds.

Both fighters put up a great fight, but Weidman put the first three in his hip pocket.

I did not get to see this fight but I thought Machida would have the best chance at beating Weidman. I think Weidman will be at the top for quite some time.

I watched the fight the morning after. At first I thought Weidman won, but then looking closer, I think it was a lot closer than people are making it out to be. Round 5 lyoto did the significant damage in that round. Round 2 may have been stolen by chris by a meaningless takedown when he got outstruck in the round but could have gone either way.

lol how did He get out struck? Machida basically landed nothing that whole strike while backpeddling the whole round

Weidman-Machida_FM_large.jpg

He landed one strike per minute that round, and i'm honestly not sure he landed that much. and That takedown wasn't meaningless

Rubbish. Weidman landed a big right hand and a huge elbow that rocked Machida. then took him down and controlled the end of the round barring ten seconds of offence from Lyoto....

Weidman did not clearly win 5

2 was a toss up.

Watched it again. Weidman was in full control of the fight except after getting caught in the fourth when he just tried to survive the round and didn't press him for the first time. The elbow and takedown in the fifth were both bigger than anything Machida did. He landed as many good punches. He clearly wasn't damaged in that final flury. He blocked most of it and nothing landed of significance but the knee.

I think the fact that he stopped pressuring Machida for the most part after that punch made it seem like he was in worse condition than he was. Rogan became a Machida fan after that and acted like everything was landing clean.

Last edited:
48-47 is the generous score, 49-46 is probably more accurate... maybe 49-47 if you call the last round a 10-10 but even then Weidman's minute + of dominance outweighs Machida's 10 seconds and the rest of the round was relatively even.

Worst post in history award? lol His style is great for real fighting. Avoid all damage instead of trading in the pocket all the time. The guy is 36, most strikers are washed up at that age but Machida still looks great because he has avoided all of the trading.

Disagree with your last statement. Round five was very close, I'd give the edge to Machida, but I don't see him winning any of the first three.

To the wasteland, troll. Easy 49-46 for The Chris.

lol how did He get out struck? Machida basically landed nothing that whole strike while backpeddling the whole round

He landed one strike per minute that round, and i'm honestly not sure he landed that much. and That takedown wasn't meaningless

Fightmetric is not how fights are scored.

Some of you need to go back watch round 5 and that last flurry looked awesome in real time, but most missed.... 4-1 Weidman.

Haha, I love machida and I was waiting so long for this fight because I wanted him to win, I was sure he would but he did not but weidman DID win the fight/

Back