Lost a street fight 2 guys jumped on me I didn't throw even a punch,confidence is low...

Glnick

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was arguing with one guy and all of a sudden another one comes running, I decide to run ,they eventually got me ,they were skinnier than me and I am fit muscular guy ,I used to do some kickboxing and some shadowboxing but I didn't even threw a punch because I was afraid they will hit me more ,I got cut in my eyebrow and some swelling in both eyes I regret that I didn't fight I feel like I can't protect myself

Cool story, bro.

What do we do now ITT?

The only I can really say is go train. Should help with your lack of confidence.

I was arguing with one guy and all of a sudden another one comes running, I decide to run ,they eventually got me ,they were skinnier than me and I am fit muscular guy ,I used to do some kickboxing and some shadowboxing but I didn't even threw a punch because I was afraid they will hit me more ,I got cut in my eyebrow and some swelling in both eyes I regret that I didn't fight I feel like I can't protect myself
same thing happened to me when I was 18, basically and now I'd wreck those dudes. so dont feel bad. it takes training and experience to get ready for real world violence. dont lose hope. just because you cant defend yourself atm doesnt mean you cant be in a good position to defend yourself in the future.

Disgrace of a Sherdogger. Ban ASAP.

Even with a 500-1-0 record, we go out filling the sky with uppercuts

It's pretty normal TS. Usually you react in 3 ways, you run, you freeze or you fight. Fighting is more natural when you are angry. When you are caught off guard, most people freeze up. It may sound stupid, but it's survival instinct. You percieve a danger and you are trying to prevent that from happening by playing dead, so to speak. It worked for our ancestors, don't take it personally.

Same thing happened to me when I was younger. The thing is, you can break that mindset if you want. It's all about your state of mind. If you are scared of getting hurt, or thinking too much about what COULD happen, then you wont react simple as that. You just have to embrace the fact that it's either you or them. You have to embrace the fact that you probably will get hurt. You have to be willing. That's the nature of real violence. It's not pretty like the movies. It's chaos really. The more you embrace that fact, the easier it is to act. Going to a gym can help in part. Getting some good, hard sparring too. But in the end it's all about the mindset.

The important thing is you came out of it with your health. Don't sweat it.

It's pretty normal TS. Usually you react in 3 ways, you run, you freeze or you fight. Fighting is more natural when you are angry. When you are caught off guard, most people freeze up. It may sound stupid, but it's survival instinct. You percieve a danger and you are trying to prevent that from happening by playing dead, so to speak. It worked for our ancestors, don't take it personally.

Same thing happened to me when I was younger. The thing is, you can break that mindset if you want. It's all about your state of mind. If you are scared of getting hurt, or thinking too much about what COULD happen, then you wont react simple as that. You just have to embrace the fact that it's either you or them. You have to embrace the fact that you probably will get hurt. You have to be willing. That's the nature of real violence. It's not pretty like the movies. It's chaos really. The more you embrace that fact, the easier it is to act. Going to a gym can help in part. Getting some good, hard sparring too. But in the end it's all about the mindset.

The important thing is you came out of it with your health. Don't sweat it.
Thanks guys I feel kinda better now

Thanks guys I feel kinda better now

So you got somewhat REKT.

It's cool.

...it can even be a blessing in disguise.

This can be YOUR turning point that compels you to train...onward to training some more.

...and once you look back on that moment...you may be thankful that it actually happened in the first place.

I mean...it's not like you got raped in jail or something. :p

WAR training!

WAR motivation!

WAR future DESTRUCTION of anyone who puts their fucking hands on you!

Shit happens dude.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Just hunt them down with your boys and pull a drive by redemption.

That's why you want to avoid altercations, there is always going to either be more than 1 guy or weapons involved. No amount of martial arts is going to prepare you for those situations. Just don't mess with retards like those guys, go on about your day and live a healthy life while they wind up in jail or dead.

That's why you want to avoid altercations, there is always going to either be more than 1 guy or weapons involved. No amount of martial arts is going to prepare you for those situations. Just don't mess with retards like those guys, go on about your day and live a healthy life while they wind up in jail or dead.

Fuck yeah.

That said, I've trained with weapons.

My knife skills combined with my Wing Chun skills (I've trained with THE James DeMille for example) enable me to..................

...well, I can be jumped by a gang of dudes and...it would be the instant end for anyone and everyone who stepped to me. (Wing Chun can be VERY practical for knife fighting shenanigans)

THAT SAID, I try to avoid fights...etc.

I've been into martial arts for...ever, and...I have nothing to prove, nor is it worth it to get into scraps where I may actually have to put someone down if they happen to be using weapons........................

...I value my life far more than enough to allow shit to go on.

Anyway, WAR..............peace. :)

I fought a guy once and it was 5 mins after a huge meal and a couple of hours before that I had 2 hours grappling class, one of the hours was sparring. I'm an amateur boxer and I didn't land a single punch. The guy was back peddling while I shadow boxed, basically. Then some people broke it up. Was dispaoint.

I fought a guy once and it was 5 mins after a huge meal and a couple of hours before that I had 2 hours grappling class, one of the hours was sparring. I'm an amateur boxer and I didn't land a single punch. The guy was back peddling while I shadow boxed, basically. Then some people broke it up. Was dispaoint.

Forgot to add, I punched first, I tried to sucker puch him and I still didn't catch him. I was that slow, lol. I should have taken him down.

A fight is not won by one punch or kick. Either learn to endure or hire a bodyguard. Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him.
- Kenny Florian, as quoted by Bruce Lee

That's the attitude you need. If you don't have the will to hurt and be hurt, forget about it.

Covering up and not fighting back can be a legitimate tactic, though. Most guys will get bored of punching someone who isn't doing anything back -- and they're not good enough fighters to actually drop someone who covers up. The downside, of course, is that you can end up badly hurt if they get you on the ground.

but running is the best training to deal with self defense.
clearly you didn't practice your running enough. If you did running would always keep you safe.

but running is the best training to deal with self defense.
clearly you didn't practice your running enough. If you did running would always keep you safe.
What if you gas out after 200 meters, then the assailants catch up and beat you down like McG v Diaz 1

What if you gas out after 200 meters, then the assailants catch up and beat you down like McG v Diaz 1
that was sarcasm against all the people who always say self defense is pointless and you should just practice running.

that was sarcasm against all the people who always say self defense is pointless and you should just practice running.
I got that much, it was fun to follow up though

Back