Lost a street fight 2 guys jumped on me I didn't throw even a punch,confidence is low...

I was arguing with one guy and all of a sudden another one comes running, I decide to run ,they eventually got me ,they were skinnier than me and I am fit muscular guy ,I used to do some kickboxing and some shadowboxing but I didn't even threw a punch because I was afraid they will hit me more ,I got cut in my eyebrow and some swelling in both eyes I regret that I didn't fight I feel like I can't protect myself

never ever ever talk. either fight or don't fight. someone talks shit just fucking sock them and beat them out of it. worked for me.

What was the argument about? Do you know those guys or was this the first time you ever saw them? Where were you when the argument started? Fuck fighting multiple people too...

Your health is more important than your bravado bruh as stated. Even if you fought and won your injuries would've been worse and could've have ended up in cuffs. I rather be a bitch with freedom than a bitch in jail.

Your health is more important than your bravado bruh as stated. Even if you fought and won your injuries would've been worse and could've have ended up in cuffs. I rather be a bitch with freedom than a bitch in jail.
or they could have been less because the guys might've run away after getting wobbled.
and it would take some kind of moron to report a fight they started to the police. it would not end well for them.

Forgot to add, I punched first, I tried to sucker puch him and I still didn't catch him. I was that slow, lol. I should have taken him down.

Maybe he's a boxer himself. Because I find it hard to believe an amateur boxer couldn't land a clean hit on a guy with five minutes of fighting. By amateur do you mean you just started boxing? Or that you've had 10 amateur fights after training for years? Not trying to be critical just understanding what happened.

Fuck yeah.

That said, I've trained with weapons.

My knife skills combined with my Wing Chun skills (I've trained with THE James DeMille for example) enable me to..................

...well, I can be jumped by a gang of dudes and...it would be the instant end for anyone and everyone who stepped to me. (Wing Chun can be VERY practical for knife fighting shenanigans)

THAT SAID, I try to avoid fights...etc.

I've been into martial arts for...ever, and...I have nothing to prove, nor is it worth it to get into scraps where I may actually have to put someone down if they happen to be using weapons........................

...I value my life far more than enough to allow shit to go on.

Anyway, WAR..............peace. :)

Have you ever been in an actual fight? I'm not talking about a silly school fight. But like a serious possibly life threatening street fight? Or put your wing chun skills to the test with a muay thai fighter or MMA fighter?

Maybe he's a boxer himself. Because I find it hard to believe an amateur boxer couldn't land a clean hit on a guy with five minutes of fighting. By amateur do you mean you just started boxing? Or that you've had 10 amateur fights after training for years? Not trying to be critical just understanding what happened.
I started boxing when I was 21; I am 30 now. I had a few amateur fight in boxing and kickboxing. There was a long break in there of a couple of years and then started cross training BJJ. Now I only box 1 or 2 times a week before weight lifting.

The guy was young and fit. He kept his distance. The three times I launched forward he would just bend down, jump back and throw un ugly right hand. The "fight" lasted less than a minute. No one got hit with anything. Also, my right elbow was fuked by un armbar that week and it was painful even to brush my teeth. Had I been fresh it would have been a different story. Or if given more time I would have finished him.

It happens, you will be fine. Go back to training.
One must be calm, peaceful and respectful but one must also allways be prepared to kill or die.
"If you dont look into the matters of Bushido on a daily basis, it will be hard for you to die a brave death".

Shit happens TS. Like others have said, even the best can get caught off guard and respond weakly. When you go in the Dojo, you know what's coming but on the street things can happen out of the blue and you don't get a chance to warm up and get your mindset right. I worked in a refugee camp for a few years and I will say that with experience, you stop freezing up and respond better and faster, but nobody is perfect:

I was walking in a crowded athletic field the other day looking for my kid and I had a bad cold. Fighting was the last thing on my mind. Then somebody grabbed me by the arm from behind, shoved me and told me to get the fuck out of the way - and I didn't do anything about it apart from wrenching my arm loose and continuing on like nothing had happened. Didn't think I'd ever led something like that slide again without responding, but there you go.

The best self-defense is not being there in the first place. If you already got into a heated argument and you see it could turn violent, let go of your ego, apologize, maybe buy the guy a beer. Don't let it escalate. If they want you to leave - leave. There's no shame in that.

(besides arguing)

You did the right thing. If it was 2 guys who cares if they "won", if you didn't get injured seriously then you actually won.

If you want to be able to recognize and avoid attacks I recommend boxing. Boxing has a lot more teaching/drilling emphasis on evasive movement (foot and body) so it would help when things get hairy, especially against more than 1 person.

I also think just running is silly because it doesn't work when you are ambushed or trapped. The best strategy is a combination of fighting and running. Escape when you can, fight when you can't. After a tiny bit of fighting you should be able to run/escape. In reality, it's all about GTFO and saving yourself medical bills and having to call to cancel all your credit/debit cards and getting new I.D., etc cause your wallet was taken. GTFO and use your fighting and mobility as a distraction to make the opportunity to take off when it presents itself.

---

Edit- you think Mayweather Jr. would bother to try to fight off thugs if he had a chance to escape, even if he knew he could beat them (of course he could)? He would take off, cause he's smart. He knows there's nothing to gain ($$$).

Have you ever been in an actual fight? I'm not talking about a silly school fight. But like a serious possibly life threatening street fight? Or put your wing chun skills to the test with a muay thai fighter or MMA fighter?

TO REITERATE: Wing Chun + knife fighting go hand in hand... (pun intended)

Wing Chun by itself is NOT something one should lean on for their go to style...for MANY reasons.

I've also had extensive boxing training as well as Muay Thai and BJJ. (among other disciplines)

My quasi-girlfriend (it's complicated...but not in a bad way) is all about Judo and Hapkido. (formally, whereas she trains in striking styles informally) She is VERY strong and we've both taught each other a thing or three...

As I've stated prior, I grew up in a family of athletes, and I've trained with actual fighters.

Lastly, I have gotten into street fights, but due to the fact that ANYONE and EVERYONE should go out of their way to AVOID said situations, they have been few and far between.

Edit- you think Mayweather Jr. would bother to try to fight off thugs if he had a chance to escape, even if he knew he could beat them (of course he could)? He would take off, cause he's smart. He knows there's nothing to gain ($$$).
What do you base this assumption on?

What do you base this assumption on?

It's not an assumption.

It's FACT.

Running the fuck away is none of the smartest things a person can do when faced with multiple attackers.

Dealing with bare hands is one thing...whereas dealing with potential weapons is another.

TO REITERATE: Wing Chun + knife fighting go hand in hand... (pun intended)

Wing Chun by itself is NOT something one should lean on for their go to style...for MANY reasons.

I've also had extensive boxing training as well as Muay Thai and BJJ. (among other disciplines)

My quasi-girlfriend (it's complicated...but not in a bad way) is all about Judo and Hapkido. (formally, whereas she trains in striking styles informally) She is VERY strong and we've both taught each other a thing or three...

As I've stated prior, I grew up in a family of athletes, and I've trained with actual fighters.

Lastly, I have gotten into street fights, but due to the fact that ANYONE and EVERYONE should go out of their way to AVOID said situations, they have been few and far between.

Okay buddy. I wasn't trying to be overtly critical. Just actually wondering if you had any other ideas that led you to come to your conclusion.

Okay buddy. I wasn't trying to be overtly critical. Just actually wondering if you had any other ideas that led you to come to your conclusion.

Wing Chun becomes rather inert if one can't back it up with straight up boxing and of course some semblance of ground fighting

Winning fights irl is basically all mental. You need to be less afraid of getting hurt than the other guy. I got in a scrap with 2 guys on a train platform once and they took off when I tried to hurl the smaller one onto the tracks. They didn't want to get run over by a train and they were scared that I didn't care if I did.

It's not an assumption.

It's FACT.

Running the fuck away is none of the smartest things a person can do when faced with multiple attackers.

Dealing with bare hands is one thing...whereas dealing with potential weapons is another.
So you're telling me you have no idea what the words assumption and fact mean.

Back