Lost a street fight 2 guys jumped on me I didn't throw even a punch,confidence is low...

Guess it's true. Street fight > all martial arts.

I remember a "street thug" from high school was picking fights with all the asian kids/martial artists saying things like "yo shit aint gonna work in teh streetz". "you gotta know how to fight in teh streetz" etc.

Who'd knew that that guy was right. I would go in teh street and learn how to fight in teh street. If you want to learn how to box you goto boxing school. If you want to learn mma, you goto mma school. If you want to learn to fight in the street, you goto the street fighting schools.

Guess it's true. Street fight > all martial arts.

I remember a "street thug" from high school was picking fights with all the asian kids/martial artists saying things like "yo shit aint gonna work in teh streetz". "you gotta know how to fight in teh streetz" etc.

Who'd knew that that guy was right. I would go in teh street and learn how to fight in teh street. If you want to learn how to box you goto boxing school. If you want to learn mma, you goto mma school. If you want to learn to fight in the street, you goto the street fighting schools.
<{1-6}>

The biggest difference between a random street fight and sparring or competition is the amount of time you have to get mentally prepared. We get used to the idea that you get to turn on your "fighting spirit" only when you know it's your turn to spar or only on the days/times that you're scheduled to fight.

I used to train with a special unit police officer and he introduced a simple drill to get us used to the suddenness of a street fight. Get 3-4 guys together. 1 guy stands facing a wall, the other guys line up a short distance away facing his back (really wherever they want that he can't see them). When the other guys yell "Go!", they bumrush the guy facing the wall. He has to turn around quickly and try to defend himself.

The guy who was facing the wall isn't going to win that exchange and the goal isn't to win. The goal is to get used to a sudden attack from an unexpected direction. Everyone panics the 1st couple of times, unless they've trained for that suddenness.

But it's just another reminder that training for sport fighting doesn't cover everything you need to learn for teh streetz, lol.

But it's just another reminder that training for sport fighting doesn't cover everything you need to learn for teh streetz, lol.
Yup, just like what I said. If you wanna protect yourself from the streetz you gotta learn how to fight in teh streetz and not some combat SPORT lol.

Another reason why I stretch and shadowbox to warm up every morning. I'm getting ready for the streetz. Nothing worst than having an altercation and you're not warmed up.

Yup, just like what I said. If you wanna protect yourself from the streetz you gotta learn how to fight in teh streetz and not some combat SPORT lol.

Another reason why I stretch and shadowbox to warm up every morning. I'm getting ready for the streetz. Nothing worst than having an altercation and you're not warmed up.
That's why I have my hot gf next to me everywhere I go so that i'm always WARM get it??? Because she's hot and I'm like, next to her? <{yearp}>

I tend to think this is what people mean when they refer to martial arts as a "lifestyle". Just the idea of always being prepared mentally for a fight. I don't think it's particularly relevant in a day and age when guns are so prevalent but then you keep hearing about people who trained martial arts or competition fighting completely freezing up when an altercation breaks out.

It seems silly considering I haven't been in a real fight in years but even now I occasionally look at a person in the elevator or walking down the hall/street and ask myself - what would I do if he suddenly attacked me.

It seems silly considering I haven't been in a real fight in years but even now I occasionally look at a person in the elevator or walking down the hall/street and ask myself - what would I do if he suddenly attacked me.
Consistency is key here, IMO. When you're consistent with your course of planned action, you're more likely to execute it when the shit hits the fan. It shouldn't matter whether your opponent is young or old, strong or weak, tall or short, male or female... your plan should remain the same. With this in mind, I've devised a "one size fits all" tactic for that particular mental exercise.

"What would I do if that guy suddenly attacked me?"
- Curl up in a fetal position and start sobbing, hoping he takes pity or at least won't want to touch me in case I have something contagious.
"What about that guy over there?"
- Curl up in a fetal position and start sobbing, hoping he takes pity or at least won't want to touch me in case I have something contagious.
"What if the bank teller is rude?"

I was arguing with one guy and all of a sudden another one comes running, I decide to run ,they eventually got me ,they were skinnier than me and I am fit muscular guy ,I used to do some kickboxing and some shadowboxing but I didn't even threw a punch because I was afraid they will hit me more ,I got cut in my eyebrow and some swelling in both eyes I regret that I didn't fight I feel like I can't protect myself

Even Fedor would run if he can if he knew he was outgunned. Of course, it would take more than a couple for him, and just one for me...

it sucks, but when they surprise you like that, even the best of best can't fight properly. I think that GSP's coach mentioned element of surprise being super important.

Cheer up man, they are the pussies

The problem is that I bump to him very often some of my cousins know him and his familly and known person of us is a good friend of him his brother is a criminal etc.He is not a very known person with other thugs of our area since he does not hang out with them so that's why I acted tough
I want to punch him sometimes but others I just don't want to see his stupid face

Fuck yeah.

That said, I've trained with weapons.

My knife skills combined with my Wing Chun skills (I've trained with THE James DeMille for example) enable me to..................

...well, I can be jumped by a gang of dudes and...it would be the instant end for anyone and everyone who stepped to me. (Wing Chun can be VERY practical for knife fighting shenanigans)

lolwut ???

lolwut ???

Wing Chun is a system that actually WORKS...

...if you happen to be an ADULT male...ideally with decent reflexes.

The heavier you are, the easier it is to "crash" through your opponents defense (YOUR center-line) becomes more springy/solid) and END the fight.

Street ready Wing Chun is NOT about "trapping" in any way shape or form, it's all about ending a fight as soon as you can.

That said, if you don't SPAR FULL CONTACT STYLE, then...you're fucked in a real world scenario.

You NEED muscle memory to deal with probable CHAOS.

Having said all that, Wing Chun + knife fighting (with a proper trainer) = fucking destruction.

In closing, (to portray that I actually know what I'm talking about) the easiest (relatively speaking) style to learn for actual street fights which is the most effective given a limited amount of training is...wrestling. (obviously)

A wrestling base can then be exponentially more LETHAL via striking...etc, etc, etc.

Of course, variables ABOUND...as Demien Maia (for example) would be a juggernaut in a real fight...in spite of the fact that he lacks elite striking. His BJJ is THAT fucking good.

Anyway, I'll stop babababbling.

I have been 3 times in a fight since I started training. First time got punched on the face and was smiling at the guy trying to calm him down. The dude appologized. Second time I knocked 2 very drunk guys after being sucker punched - took s teep to the first one who lost balance and never got up and a jab right kick to the ribs to the second. 3rd time I was shadowboxing after a friend who was back peddalling and then turned his back in fear so I decided not to hurt him.

I get challenged a lot from people I know latelly when they learn I do fighting sports. My responce is to always challenge them to the ring. If they want we can friendly spar to test our skills.

Best responce for a street fight is to show you are not afraid and even punch if needed. I now believe that a left hook or a pretty fast jab is the best first attack

Last edited:
I have been 3 times in a fight since I started training. First time got punched on the face and was smiling at the guy trying to calm him down. The dude appologized. Second time I knocked 2 very drunk guys after being sucker punched - took s teep to the first one who lost balance and never got up and a jab right kick to the ribs to the second. 3rd time I was shadowboxing after a friend who was back peddalling and then turned his back in fear so I decided not to hurt him.

I get challenged a lot from people I know latelly when they learn I do fighting sports. My responce is to always challenge them to the ring. If they want we can friendly spar to test our skills.

Best responce for a street fight is to show you are not afraid and even punch if needed. I now believe that a left hook or a pretty fast jab is the best first attack
Nex time I am ready for sure will not hold back

Back