Lol at Mcgregor being like Ali....Hes more like Prince Naz lite

Mcgregor=Ali? Your shitting me right?

Id say hes more like Prince Naseem
Two cocky foreign fighters. Unorthdox styles. Crazy ko power. Huge holes in their respective games.
Similar swagger. Similar trash talk

Except Conor isn't all hype like Naz was.

Really?! Can't be him!
He was in prison for a while. Don't know if you knew that. Crashed into someone's car and killed them or something if I recall correctly.

Ok, he didn't kill him but came close to it affording to wiki.

I think when they compare mcgregor to Ali is the way both fighters talk shit to the opponents. Because I can't imagine how the hell they would compare mcgregor to Ali's boxing , when mcgregor hasn't boxed no top level fighter

He's not on that level simply as a result of numbers and spheres of influence. It has literally nothing to do where he's from. It's simply an issue of magnitude.

A large part of that is because of the major difference in importance and reach of boxing (especially in the 60s/70s) worldwide vs. MMA today. They just aren't on the same level.

How can you say that when they just went to 4 cities in 3 different countries and people were supporting him religiously everywhere? You're crazy, or misinformed, if you think Ali was as beloved during his fighting career. Particularly at age 29.

Boxing was on primetime network television, and Don King promoted fights in Africa, and there was a war going on that Ali refused to fight in.

Conor has social media, 24 hour sports news networks and publications, exposure from his own outlets(Youtube channels, etc), and appearances in things like Call of Duty and Game of Thrones.

It's a different world, but the influence is at least comparable. And I would say Conor's is bigger when looking at them both at age 29. Which was when Ali first fought Frazier, and over half the people still saw him as the bad guy.

Please enlighten us all on how Ali was "scummy".
shit on frazier for a long time, called him uncle tom, his kids were bullied in school and he never even apologized to the guy. and this while frazier actually helped ali at some point in his career

I understand, mcgregor isn't as scummy as ali
Fucking kill yourself. IDGAF if I get dubs.

Sit in the tub and slit your wrists both ways just to make sure you don't fuck it up.

i guess i can see the comparison...except naz was way faster, hit way harder, and had 1000x the head movement that conor does

Naseem was being compared to Ali when he was on the come up as well. At this point, Conor is also more successful and popular than Naseem. So basically, what you're doing is visualizing what you want to happen to Conor. It would get you off to see him lose embarassingly, then quit the sport.

Naseem was being compared to Ali when he was on the come up as well. At this point, Conor is also more successful and popular than Naseem. So basically, what you're doing is visualizing what you want to happen to Conor. It would get you off to see him lose embarassingly, then quit the sport.
he already lost embarrassingly, so what's left for him is to quit the sport? but then again, he's now a boxer and no ones knows if he will come back, so I guess he effectively quit the sport, also?

he already lost embarrassingly, so what's left for him is to quit the sport? but then again, he's now a boxer and no ones knows if he will come back, so I guess he effectively quit the sport, also?

Stop playing dumb. Was his last MMA fight the loss to Diaz? Are you trying to argue that his most recent win wasn't arguably the best of his career?

Conor is more like Ali Mohamed Abdul Hussein from Syria then Ali or Naz. Those guys defended belts.

Stop playing dumb. Was his last MMA fight the loss to Diaz? Are you trying to argue that his most recent win wasn't arguably the best of his career?
I'm trying to argue that he already lost embarrassingly (well, 3 times already, but one recently). and he did

Back