Lol at Mcgregor being like Ali....Hes more like Prince Naz lite

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mcgregor=Ali? Your shitting me right?

Id say hes more like Prince Naseem
Two cocky foreign fighters. Unorthdox styles. Crazy ko power. Huge holes in their respective games.
Similar swagger. Similar trash talk

Anyone seriously comparing Mcgregor to Ali completely lacks an appreciation of magnitude and a historical perspective.

I actually like the comparison to Naseem for the most part.

this is actually quite accurate; he does resemble naseem quite a bit

Conor has stolen a few Naseem quotes too "Featherweights, when I hit them it's a whole different story" etc

Well at least he didn't retire after his loss to Nate Diaz. That would have made him a lot more Nas'esque.

I see canner going the way of Naseem too!

article-1221520-06E2228B000005DC-616_468x921.jpg

I understand, mcgregor isn't as scummy as ali

Can0r = josh mario john

For reals tho
Mcgregor actually is just like most people, they take from many who inspire them.

I see a bit of prince but mcg is like 5 about it, prince is 10 about it.

Conor has become one of the most famous non-soccer athletes in the world in just a few years, he is Ali level in charisma.

Mcgregor=Ali? Your shitting me right?

Id say hes more like Prince Naseem
Two cocky foreign fighters. Unorthdox styles. Crazy ko power. Huge holes in their respective games.
Similar swagger. Similar trash talk

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you nailed it. He is the Naz of mma. Only I hear Conor is actually nice and humble off camera. With Naz, it doesn't sound like it was an act.

Ali had charm. McGregor has charm. Hamed never had any.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you nailed it. He is the Naz of mma. Only I hear Conor is actually nice and humble off camera. With Naz, it doesn't sound like it was an act.

This is exactly why he is more like Ali. Bitter Sherdoggers will act offended at the comparison, most of whom have never watched a full Ali fight. Or a Naz fight for that matter.

He plays a part that is clearly just an embellishment of one facet of his real personality. He is also considered charming and attractive. He also inspires millions that are from where he's from, not just geographically. But obviously the center of his influence is in Europe, not America, so we act like he can't possibly be on Ali's level.

Conor is not as genuinely arrogant as Naz or Camacho. And even those guys were acting to an extent. Some people want fighters to have the same disposition as soccer players, while also believing that they can beat up anyone in the world at or below their own weight. It's an unreasonable expectation.

prince wilted at his first lost, at least connor can handle a loss

He also inspires millions that are from where he's from, not just geographically. But obviously the center of his influence is in Europe, not America, so we act like he can't possibly be on Ali's level.

He's not on that level simply as a result of numbers and spheres of influence. It has literally nothing to do where he's from. It's simply an issue of magnitude.

A large part of that is because of the major difference in importance and reach of boxing (especially in the 60s/70s) worldwide vs. MMA today. They just aren't on the same level.

Back