Lol @ 86% of Sherdog picking Barnett

I think Browne is a legit threat... but I don't think Barnett is sleeping on this fight. I think he knows this is his last opportunity for the glory of the UFC belt.

Barnett will demolish Browne. Barnett is one of the top heavyweights in the division. Google him. Do you research.

I considered that, quite honestly, before making this thread. But I just don't see what's so special about Barnett. He's good, but he's not great. Before the clinch against the cage, Murr was at least equaling his stand-up. Cormier out worked Barnett big time. I know Hapa isn't a wrestler, but he's on another level right now. 6'8", 250-260, agile as a cat. This will be ugly for Josh.

Agile as a cat? Your delusional. Barnett doesn't have to have anything special about him, he goes in there and gets shit done. The only thing I have against Barnett is that if the guy he's fighting has a better overall skillset then he will lose. You see it in the Cormier fight, If you have better wrestling and stand up then you can beat on him the whole time and win. He doesn't have that 1 punch KO power or anything really spectacular that would give him that maybe or If that lands type thing. On the other hand Browne isn't good at anything really, he's flashy and proven of all big dudes If he hits you then most likely your going down but Barnett has an excellent chin. This should be a wake up call for Browne after Barnett steam rolls him and beats him like he Stole something. Barnett isn't the type of guy you wanna be flashy with because of his experience.

Barnett is not on the same level as Browne. More experience, yes, but he's never fought this kind of athlete before. I have honestly never seen such a lopsided opinion in favor of the guy I knew was going to lose. I'm truly baffled at how many people are underestimating Hapa.

Browne by KO, R2

Browne is a 2-1 underdog in the betting lines.

If you're so confident, go for it.

As if 86% picking Barnett means that people are 86% sure he will win. That's just who people picked TS, simmer down.

lol on the countdown special browne was saying he's better than barnett everywhere

going to be funny when he finds out barnett's handspeed is actually a lot quicker than him till he gets put on the cage and gets clinched fucked frank mir style till eventually he gets knocked out by barnett

Lol @ starting a thread to discuss other thread.

With that being said, Barnett via fence-brutalization.

I don't know, Barnett has never really impressed me, when was set to fight Cormier in SF, a lot of people were picking him too and I just didn't get it, not that Browne is some great prospect either, nothing about Barnett is too impressive that I don't think Browne would beat him.

Give this guy a break its not his fault he started watching MMA one year ago.

Browne isn't crazy athletic or talented. He is above average and a legit top 10 HW, but people expecting Barnett do dominate him is perfectly reasonable.

Sounds about right to me. Barnett is a very tough and very skilled guy. And we have seen Bigfoot smoke Browne, and Overeem come within inches of doing so, so it's not exactly like Browne's been rolling through guys.

I don't get why you'd be so confident in Browne, who has a terrible ground game, against one of the best HW submission grapplers of all time. OF ALL TIME BRO.

Your justification makes no sense either. Barnett has fought plenty of people better leagues better than Browne. Fuck your logic. Merry Christmas though.

Also if it's truly so baffling to you, and you "KNOW" he's gonna win, then bet the house on Browne. I'm serious. Anyone who believes a 2-1 underdog is actually a lock should do so. That's just great odds.

I'm going with Barnett to win because I think his grappling will be the difference. However you can't overlook Brownes power and I won't be the least bit surprised if Travis catches him on the feet and ends it early. Good match up in my eyes and main event worthy. I don't see an easy win for either fighter in this.

Barnett is about to make a name off Browne, according to TS.

Josh will demonstrate a catch wrestling clinic on Hapa, ending with a painful submission

99% of sherdog picked jim miller to win.....that's being said I also picked jim to win

I never said it was a bad idea, it obviously won him the fight. However at that point Overeem was so gassed you could have flicked him with your finger and finished him, spamming front kicks was because he was too scared to close distance even against a severely gassed opponent.

So picking a now proven way to win and minimizing risk to self = scared? Ok.

I guess anyone that doesn't lead with their face against someone known for their striking is scared now. Everyone should hold their hands at their waist and try to bump chests with their opponents to prove how not scared they are. MMA pussies need to catch up to street fighting. Yeah.

Back