Logically, Steroid Usage Has No Impact On GOAT Status

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you want to say that Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are not GOAT status because of steroid usage, that is fine, we are all entitled to our unreasonable religious superiority beliefs. However, logically, it doesn't make sense.

My question is this, how much down the ranking does steroid usage demote a fighter? It is easy to say "GSP is the GOAT over Jon Jones, because GSP never tested positive for steroids." Fine. But what about a guy like Paul Craig who has a record of 1-2 in the UFC, is he also better than Jon Jones because he has never tested positive for steroids?

How many of you can seriously say Paul Craig and CB Dollaway are more deserving of GOAT status than Jon Jones, because they never tested positive for steroids?

If you can't say it with confidence, then steroids don't affect GOAT talk. If you can say it with confidence, then we have to agree that GOAT talk is not based on fighting ability.

If you want to say that Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are not GOAT status because of steroid usage, that is fine, we are all entitled to our unreasonable religious superiority beliefs. However, logically, it doesn't make sense.

FAIL

Pph30ThdTyeOLEMmkOx2_Van%20door%20safety%20check.gif

id like to see a mandatory steroid league. perhaps in international waters on a luxury cruise ship.

But what about a guy like Paul Craig who has a record of 1-2 in the UFC, is he also better than Jon Jones because he has never tested positive for steroids?

It doesn't work like that. If you test positive, you're out of the discussion. It doesn't mean you're "worse than Paul Craig".

My question is this, how much down the ranking does steroid usage demote a fighter? It is easy to say "GSP is the GOAT over Jon Jones, because GSP never tested positive for steroids." Fine. But what about a guy like Paul Craig who has a record of 1-2 in the UFC, is he also better than Jon Jones because he has never tested positive for steroids?

How many of you can seriously say Paul Craig and CB Dollaway are more deserving of GOAT status than Jon Jones, because they never tested positive for steroids?

If you can't say it with confidence, then steroids don't affect GOAT talk. If you can say it with confidence, then we have to agree that GOAT talk is not based on fighting ability.
You don’t understand the word logic, look it up

The difference between your idiotic comparison and GSP vs Jones is that GSP already had very comparable accolades to Jones AND did it without failing a test.
Your analogy of Paul Craig is similar to a crazy girlfriends argument to justify her actions.

It doesn't work like that. If you test positive, you're out of the discussion. It doesn't mean you're "worse than Paul Craig".
I am fine with that belief. I am only asking what is the logic behind it. So, if we have fighter rankings from GOAT down to 7 Billionth, are you telling me a positive steroid test disqualifies you from the GOAT position, but you can be ranked anything below that?

Is this the logic behind this belief?

Steroids dont help fighters and turbo chargers dont make cars faster either....

A Franc Mittelo thread defending steroid users. I'm shocked.

The difference between your idiotic comparison and GSP vs Jones is that GSP already had very comparable accolades to Jones AND did it without failing a test.
Your analogy of Paul Craig is similar to a crazy girlfriends argument to justify her actions.
That is what you are saying, because it makes sense to you. I am just saying it doesn't make sense to me.

There are about 7 Billion people on Earth. GOAT stands for Greatest Of All Time, logically, 1/7 Billion. So, if a fighter who has tested positive for steroids can't be GOAT, what logic will justify a rank below GOAT?

Explain that to me. It is easy to say things, but not as easy to explain the logic of those things.

GOAT status is a ranking. If you can't be ranked GOAT because of steroids, can you be ranked number 2? If the answer is yes, what is the rationale behind that "yes" answer. That is all.

Steroids dont help fighters and turbo chargers dont make cars faster either....
You are comparing human physiology to a car. Ok, buddeh, do you.

However, this argument is about fighter ranking. If a fighter can't be ranked GOAT because of steroid usage, can he be ranked number 2, number 3 and etc? If the answer is yes, then explain to me how you got to that conclusion. Pretty simple challenge.

Wrong

/end thread
If a fighter can't be ranked GOAT because of steroid usage, can he be ranked number 2, number 3 and etc? If the answer is yes, then explain to me how you got to that conclusion. Pretty simple challenge.

Tinpot thread
If a fighter can't be ranked GOAT because of steroid usage, can he be ranked number 2, number 3 and etc? If the answer is yes, then explain to me how you got to that conclusion. Pretty simple challenge.

A Franc Mittelo thread defending steroid users. I'm shocked.

You can be labeled amongst your fellow cheaty cheatertons as the greatest cheaty cheaterton of all time.

Back