Lift Weights, Eat More Protein, Especially if You’re Over 40

Except putting on a bunch of muscle looks grotesque if you are small and have short limbs.

I remember my teacher in high school health class mentioned studies that
Suggested weightlifting could help senior citizens reverse the effects of osteoporosis.

People who would like to become physically stronger should start with weight training and add protein to their diets, according to a comprehensive scientific review of research.

Phew, so glad they did an actual scientific review of research on that. There i was, all this time, thinking watching TV and downing grilled cheese and beers would make me physically stronger. Damn propaganda, i fell right into that one.

This study also concluded that there seems to be a connection between eating food and then later having a bowel movement.

Latest scientific report: Seeing a woman in a bikini does cause underwear to become wet and sticky.

If you have dumbbells you can still do legs.

Goblet squats
Bulgarian/split squats
Lunges and all their variants
Weighted step ups
Dumbbell leg curls
Calf raises
Dumbbell deadlifts

Pull up bar, free weights dummbells that you can change the plates, a bench press and somewhere to run is all you need. A squat rack and other barbells help.

I prefer gym cause isolation exercises and then compound via machines is always best.
i am in my 40s and lift 4x a week. I get all my protein from food, and make sure I have it at every meal. Shakes make me fat, and raise my Bp and cholesterol. The hardest thing to do is to get lean muscle mass. That’s why most guys in the gym that look big, really only have good arms. They also have bellies. For health reasons I’m going leaner now.

That metabolism slowing down and guys not doing enough cardio. The guys in the picture i posted rarely do cardio or much of it but that a benefit
Non of those clowns weigh more than 150lbs

Chestbrah and Seid do.
Jeff Seid guy on the right is 6 foot and 205 pounds
LhJ4rvj.png

He not 6ft i search internet do it. Everyone knows he lies height fraud he did competition before qhen he was like 18 and he was in 5'8 to 5'9 category. Guys who meet him say he is 5'10 best. Nut yeah he probably weighs at least 190lbs. Yoel romero is higher body fat % is not as ripped but weighs easily over 200lbs.

Nah not really if anything I agree with you, I'll take being lean over fat and flabby but 'big' every day of the week
That's my day to day battle to be honest that fine balance between loosing all muscle and looking skinny but still looking decent

It gets to the point where you just wanna hop on the sauce

Yep. Might as well you do not have to overdo it. Early Seid or zyzz be good enough for me.

It’s funny but once I added good fats to my diet....Nuts, Avocado, Salmon, peanut butter....my joint pain went away. My doc told me the low fat craze hurt athletes worse than over training.

44 and I've been doing this for years. My creatine is a 1.0 without supplementing at all. It's just from my high protein, dead animals diet. Unfortunately my cholesterol is also high.

I've been lifting for years but was always so cheap with my protien powder I drank it like once a day. Now I drink it 4 times a day and I noticed a difference big time when I started doing that.

Also I think the whole cholesterol thing has changed hasn't it? I think your cholesterol just being high doesn't mean as much anymore they have to get more detailed or something like that. Not sure you'd have to look into more.

It’s funny but once I added good fats to my diet....Nuts, Avocado, Salmon, peanut butter....my joint pain went away. My doc told me the low fat craze hurt athletes worse than over training.

Yep also helps with testosterone production.

People think dietary fat and body fat are the same thing. They aren't. Eating pure fat won't make you fat, if you're still hitting your TDEE.

I've been lifting for years but was always so cheap with my protien powder I drank it like once a day. Now I drink it 4 times a day and I noticed a difference big time when I started doing that.

Also I think the whole cholesterol thing has changed hasn't it? I think your cholesterol just being high doesn't mean as much anymore they have to get more detailed or something like that. Not sure you'd have to look into more.

Yes, there is research that shows the number is meaningless but it's not agreed upon across the board. I have to get a plaque scan to see if my cholesterol is affecting my arteries. I got the scan 5 years ago and my result was 0 which is the best you can get so hopefully it still is.

Back