Lift Weights, Eat More Protein, Especially if You’re Over 40

it may just be me, but that look is ridiculous. i'm all about lifting and being in shape, as i personally feel i am, but the proportions on each of those guys seems to be off.

They are not. They are not Arnold proportions but they don' want be that big. Arnold was godly not too massive like today builders. Arnold arms 2 inch bigger than calves people say they should be equal I disagree I think 2 nch difference is ideal no more.

i am in my 40s and lift 4x a week. I get all my protein from food, and make sure I have it at every meal. Shakes make me fat, and raise my Bp and cholesterol. The hardest thing to do is to get lean muscle mass. That’s why most guys in the gym that look big, really only have good arms. They also have bellies. For health reasons I’m going leaner now.

This would be more interesting if TS posted the actual important parts of the article..

I don't know how legit these studies are but this contradicts a few things often touted by the body building community. Over 1.6g of protein per kg of body weight apparently does nothing, type of protein(full protein source), and protein consumption timing not mattering.

Interesting..
It makes sense if you think about it.

As long as it's made of protein, your body can convert it to whatever type of protein it needs... because it technically already has to do that anyway. Whey, soy, and beef protein isn't human muscle protein.

If I was over 40 and ready had kids. Then having smaller balls lol might be worth it.

i would get on Tren Ace

129ceada7f9ef359d5aebed81e9828096d4bf0d045576f0b2510c25544f7772f_facebook

Non of those clowns weigh more than 150lbs

Jeff Seid guy on the right is 6 foot and 205 pounds
LhJ4rvj.png

I know who Jeff Seid is
He's photoshop, angles and clen

That's about it
And he ain't over 200lbs in his wildest dreams, specifically not in all those 'shredded' photos brah

Non of those clowns weigh more than 150lbs

Yeah, that's what happens when you have cuts and visible veins.

I've never understood people that shit on lean, muscular guys. That's the hardest thing to pull off. It's much easier to be the typical pudgy lifter at the gym that's heavy and has muscle but also a damn gut and love handles.

Yeah, that's what happens when you have cuts and visible veins.

I've never understood people that shit on lean, muscular guys. That's the hardest thing to pull off. It's much easier to be the typical pudgy lifter at the gym that's heavy and has muscle but also a damn gut and love handles.

Yeah yeah because those full lean muscles aren't the product of anabolics
<YeahOKJen>

Well i work out at home and i dont have weights for those

Im not trying to be big and bulky, running builds good leg muscles

As mentioned you can legs with dumbbells. Running is great for endurance but does nothing for strength.

If you don't want to be big and bulky just don't overeat.

Yeah yeah because those full lean muscles aren't the product of anabolics
<YeahOKJen>

Well those specific guys in the pic are obviously on gear, except for the middle one. But in general I hear criticism of lean muscular dudes, even the ones that are clearly natty.

So you take the easier route (eat like shit, ignore cardio), and you shit on dudes that sacrifice a little more? GTFO

Well those specific guys in the pic are obviously on gear, except for the middle one. But in general I hear criticism of lean muscular dudes, even the ones that are clearly natty.

So you take the easier route (eat like shit, ignore cardio), and you shit on dudes that sacrifice a little more? GTFO

Nah not really if anything I agree with you, I'll take being lean over fat and flabby but 'big' every day of the week
That's my day to day battle to be honest that fine balance between loosing all muscle and looking skinny but still looking decent

It gets to the point where you just wanna hop on the sauce

People who would like to become physically stronger should start with weight training and add protein to their diets, according to a comprehensive scientific review of research.

The review finds that eating more protein, well past the amounts currently recommended, can significantly augment the effects of lifting weights, especially for people past the age of 40. But there is an upper limit to the benefits of protein, the review cautions.

On the other hand, any form of protein is likely to be effective, it concludes, not merely high-protein shakes and supplements. Beef, chicken, yogurt and even protein from peas or quinoa could help us to build larger and stronger muscles.

It makes intuitive sense that protein in our diets should aid in bulking up muscles in our bodies, since muscles consist mostly of protein. When we lift weights, we stress the muscles and cause minute damage to muscle tissue, which then makes new proteins to heal. But muscles also will readily turn to and slurp up any bonus proteins floating around in the bloodstream.

Knowing this, bodybuilders have long swallowed large amounts of gloppy, protein-rich shakes after workouts in the expectation of adding greater bulk to their muscles than the lifting alone.

full article
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/07/...more-protein-especially-if-youre-over-40.html

Back