Let's be honest here: If Khabib is really the beast he claims to be

i still feel like khabib has another level that we havent seen yet. maybe im wrong, but i just get a sense that he may have another gear in him.

I feel that way as well. He's never really been forced to show his whole hand.

he'll call out Kevin Lee next.

If he's scared and happy with stat-padding, he will go with Poirier or Alvarez.

Tony is out for a while, so that obviously can't happen next.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.

You must be Kevin Lee.

What's brought you to our magnificent forums, Lee?

Khabib is not Conor. He does choose opponents to get favorable match ups, nor will he duck anyone, so try not to act like this is who he is. Unlike Conor, Khabib is real champion who will defend against #1 contender without question. He's not calling out anyone and does not need money fights. Khabib wants hardest fights to prove he's the best.

Absolutely.

I think Dustin would survive early onslaught and eventually box up Lee leading to a KO.

I think Lee is the easiest fight for Khabib because Lee has no advantage anywhere. Anywhere the fight goes Khabib has the advantage.

Lee's advantages: striking and SPF factor.

Lee fought 5 rounds standing vs Barboza? seemed to me he was after the takedown ASAP, Khabib did actually spend a decent amount of time standing vs Barboza and clearly outboxed him when he did so just as he outboxed Al.

Would I say Khabib is a world class striker? no but a lot of the rubbishing of his abilities there comes from people who don't have a clue what there talking about and fall back to "low hands, chin out = bad striking".

Khabibs boxing is trash. Only reason it looks decent is because his opponents are deathly afraid of the TD and cannot keep there boxing guard high. Lee won’t have to worry about that since he is not going to care about the TD. Standing Lee’s boxing is much crisper and tighter than khabibs. Styles make fights. In no way is Lee the best LW talentwise but he may be the toughest fight for khabib at this point (along with Ferguson and Alvarez).

I’m not really seeing what Kevin is going to do the Khabib that is so threatening? Take him down and pound on him? I find that unlikely. No one is out wrestling Khabib. Tony and more so Conor are the most dangerous opponents for Khabib unless he tightens up his takedown set ups.

420_Kevin_Lee.0.0.jpg

Because MMAth is logical and fighters don’t improve.
Yes, fighters can improve, especially those who need improvement. Lee can prove it by avenging any of his 3 UFC losses. Until then, we know Khabib beats Iaquinta and Iaquinta beats Lee.

Of course styles make matchups. No one knows who would win between Khabib and Lee unless they actually fight, but Lee doesn't deserve a 2nd title shot in as many years, skipping over everyone ranked above him, just because he beat someone who just came off of a brutal loss to Khabib.

Yes, fighters can improve, especially those who need improvement. Lee can prove it by avenging any of his 3 UFC losses. Until then, we know Khabib beats Iaquinta and Iaquinta beats Lee.

Of course styles make matchups. No one knows who would win between Khabib and Lee unless they actually fight, but Lee doesn't deserve a 2nd title shot in as many years, skipping over everyone ranked above him, just because he beat someone who just came off of a brutal loss to Khabib.
Lee finished him and it was also Khabibs biggest win. Not sure how you consider Al to be better than Lee when that was Lee’ debut.

I just want Khabib to fight in the next few months. Don't care who it is against.

I get that it's cool to pump up Kevin Lee right now, but Lee beat a guy Khabib just beat. Looking at Poirier and Alvarez, both have done much more in the division and are far more deserving of a title fight.

Back