Let's be honest here: If Khabib is really the beast he claims to be

Sherdog, where if you won your last fight and you talk crap you deserve a title fight. Everything before that is irrelevant.

That fight was 4 years ago and Kevin didn't even have a legit training camp or a coach for that fight and still lasted 3 rounds with Iaquinta. Fast forward 3 years later and he's mounting high level fighters like Tony Ferguson with a Staph Infection and choking out fighters left and right.

Other side of Sherdog: If you lose a fight 4 years ago, you are not elite, and can't fight for the title.

Sorry TJ Dillishaw, Dominick Cruz, Robert Whittaker, all you fighters who lost a couple years ago only to become Champions, you suck because me with all my intelligence, thinks so.

Fucking hell some of you guys can't handle seeing guys succeed it's sad.

he'll call out Kevin Lee next.

If he's scared and happy with stat-padding, he will go with Poirier or Alvarez.

Tony is out for a while, so that obviously can't happen next.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.

He has already said he will fight any of the top LW guys the UFC chooses to feed him. Just like a champ should.

Khabib's mentioned everyone by name and says he'll fight whoever the UFC decides.

Sounds fair to me.

he'll call out Kevin Lee next.

If he's scared and happy with stat-padding, he will go with Poirier or Alvarez.

Tony is out for a while, so that obviously can't happen next.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.
lol yea because your opinion matters...cheeto fingers

Lol. Yeah, if he chooses ranked fighters #3 and #4 (like Alvarez is not a wrestler himself) over #5 he's a confirmed chicken.

Um, ofc he mentioned Lee duh. Lee is why he made the damned post to begin with, since Lee is all everyone has been talking about since his Barbosa performance.

So, his response to hordes of people pushing for him to try and defend against Lee is, "Conor, Poirier & Alvarez are equal options. The UFC decides, not me".
Didn't hear him talking like that when calling out Conor or GSP LOL

he only called out GSP, not dolly, who he said is a possibility.
anyway, if he calls out lee, some people are going to complain saying he ducks dolly or poirier, or alvarez, if he calls out alvarez, some will say he 's ducking lee etc. you get the picture.

at least HE is willing to defend and they'll all get their shot.

now honestly Lee lost a title fight 2 fights ago and failed to make weight right after that, so he should not be the top option anyway.

You're right I do give Lee the advantage in 1 punch KO power. But overall striking I give to Khabib. Even Al said he's much harder to hit then he originally planned and while his striking is lackluster it's effective enough for Khabib to get the fight to where he wants it at.
Only the most delusional fans are taking khabibs striking seriously. Al had 1 fight in 3 years entering the cage vs Khabib. He was a part time fighter that trained for a 3 rounder. By the time Al had a chance to strike he had the life pounded out of him already

Why do people always have to talk about fighters ducking other fighters? Khabib just won the belt, it's like people expect him to fight all three top contenders on the same night. Then you have some people saying Lee isn't any good because he lost to Iaquinta, then you have guys like OP who says Khabib is afraid if he doesn't fight Lee. Let's stop with the ugliness and instead look forward to all the great fights that will take place in the LW division.

That fight was 4 years ago and Kevin didn't even have a legit training camp or a coach for that fight and still lasted 3 rounds with Iaquinta. Fast forward 3 years later and he's mounting high level fighters like Tony Ferguson with a Staph Infection and choking out fighters left and right.

Other side of Sherdog: If you lose a fight 4 years ago, you are not elite, and can't fight for the title.

Sorry TJ Dillishaw, Dominick Cruz, Robert Whittaker, all you fighters who lost a couple years ago only to become Champions, you suck because me with all my intelligence, thinks so.

Fucking hell some of you guys can't handle seeing guys succeed it's sad.
Those people are out of their minds. They look at a 25 year old fighters performance from 4 years ago and think it's relevant today. The same pack of clowns act like beating RDA 4 years ago when he was 1 fight removed being gifted a decision vs Dunham, it's like he beat the LW champ, who went on his run after the fight and is currently on a 2 fight losing streak at LW. Logically feeble and biased people like to distort the context over time. Yeah Max was 21 4 years ago also, he's not the same fighter. Conor hadn't even fought Seiver or Brando 4 years ago

Only the most delusional fans are taking khabibs striking seriously. Al had 1 fight in 3 years entering the cage vs Khabib. He was a part time fighter that trained for a 3 rounder. By the time Al had a chance to strike he had the life pounded out of him already
Or serious fans that follow fighters training.

You just sounds like you're trying to discredit Khabib for some unknown reason.

LOL Ofc he said that, because he knows damned well the UFC will 100% protect their investment and no way will they sacrifice him to Lee.

Amazing how people are so naive...
Calm down buddy , Lee just had a title shot which he took an L. Now he won 1 more fight and you expect the UFC to give him another title shot in the deepest division, which has 4 other valid contenders?
I think you need to stay away from the conspiracy theories and look at the facts

Khabib will fight whoever the UFC tells him to. I honestly don't think he gives a fuck

The UFC will want it to be Conor but that's up to Conor and Dana to put together a deal that works. If they can't get Conor in there it will probably be Kevin Lee imo because the UFC knows he'll sell the fight better than Dustin will.

I think Khabib will just accept whichever guy they give him to fight though honestly

What's Lee supposed to do to Khabib? Take him down and GNP him?

I don't see that happening at all... The only way Lee takes this fight is by knockout on the feet in the first 2 rounds.

Other than that, Khabib will smother him...

Yeah. I don't see why so many people want this fight. The way their styles match up has "boring grind fest" written all over it. I say that as a fan of both guys.

LOL!!!!!! This guy just said Khabib is a better overall striker then Kevin Lee. O god thats terrible

He is. Khabib doesn't get knocked around by Al or Barboza, unlike Lee. And khabib certainly doesn't get knocked out, unlike Lee. I can't even think of a time Lee has hurt someone on the feet.

i still feel like khabib has another level that we havent seen yet. maybe im wrong, but i just get a sense that he may have another gear in him.

I really don't understand how people are making it a foregone conclusion that Lee will outstrike Khabib when Khabib outstruck Iaquinta and Barboza handily on the feet whereas the literal same 2 people had Lee nearly finished from strikes lol.

If Khabib can neutralize the striking of RDA, Barboza, Iaquinta, and outside of a single shot Michael Johnson, he will have zero problems with Lee.

Back