Let's be honest here: If Khabib is really the beast he claims to be

Dude Ferguson will be LUCKY to not be walking on crouches in November/December let alone healthy enough to fight.

For the next 3 months his leg will be entirely immobilized. Then it's crouches and rehab. Then if everything goes well there will be a period of him just walking and that's it. Then he gets to begin practicing.

Really, it was that bad? I know guys are playing soccer 7-8 months after ACL tears and surgeries, but I know there are grades to these injuries and I haven't heard much about Tonys injury. I heard he tore his fibular collateral ligament, and I just assumed it's not as bad as the ACL (because the fibula is a minor bone), but I don't know shit about stuff like that.

Lee's clearly next in line for a shot. Dominates barboza like no other. Poirer got destroyed by connie and came close to losing to gaethe.

Lol Khabib during his post-fight interview talking about how he's ready to fight Conor/Tony/DC after a 30 min break, but then announces that he's ready to fight again in 8 months, even tho he's uninjured.

{<jordan}

Lol Khabib during his post-fight interview talking about how he's ready to fight Conor/Tony/DC after a 30 min break, but then announces that he's ready to fight again in 8 months, even tho he's uninjured.

{<jordan}
Ramadan. And Conor hasn't fight since November 2016.

He said he will fight who UFC puts infront of him and you guys are talking about ducking.

What is it you want him to do ?

I can understand that the nuthuggers are not used to be to situations like that.

from 8 hours ago. fuck off, OP. stop hating.

But he was calling out GSP. Calling out Conor.
Talking a lot about who he wants to fight.

All of a sudden, he's talking about he doesn't get to pick and will just leave in the UFC's hands, after Lee's performance.

Let me translate that for you, "I saw what Lee did to Barbosa and I'm scared to fight him and lose my belt without having any successful defense attempts. I've seen all the roaring about Lee should be fighting me next, so I have to address this now. I won't be calling specific people out anymore, I'll just throw 4 names in the hat and trust in the UFC to protect me by picking anyone but Lee, because you know, that's how they function these days anyway. I'm a big name, a little like Conor, so I fully expect Lee to be their last choice. Remember, I did mention his name as an option though"

{<jordan}
Are you for real ?

Yes,he said that he can fight Conor after 30 min. break,I didnt see Conor around there after 30min. Did you see Conor asking to fight him ?

Now he takes a break because of Ramadan and is able to fight only after that.

Next time,please think first and make your comments later

He said he will fight who UFC puts infront of him and you guys are talking about ducking.

What is it you want him to do ?

I can understand that the nuthuggers are not used to be to situations like that.

Yea, now he's talking about the UFC calling the shots in his next defense.

He had no problem pushing for GSP & Conor to fight him.
But now Lee is here calling him out (with his impressive win putting at the front), now he's saying nothing but "UFC decides".

In other words, it's the UFC's fault when they pick anyone but Lee to fight him.
Man, people have to be pretty naive to fall for that one.

You're assuming that Khabib will choose his next opponent. He won't. He may voice have an opinion but he will fight whoever the ufc puts in front of him.

If not Conor then probably Porier. Kevin Lee is on a one fight win streak. A win that he didn't make weight for

He's 7-1 in his last 8 fights. I like how you use his loss (while he had a serious infection) vs arguably the real best fighter in the division as an excuse.

And funny how he's not voicing his opinion on fighting Lee now. He was very vocal about wanting to fight other fighters. Now it's become "Let the UFC decide", after Lee's performance has shone a light on the real challenge.

he'll call out Kevin Lee next.

If he's scared and happy with stat-padding, he will go with Poirier or Alvarez.

Tony is out for a while, so that obviously can't happen next.

Conor is a very big money fight. Plus he doesn't like Conor. So I can understand why he'd go for that easy fight and will give him a pass on that.

Besides that, if he chooses to fight anyone but Conor or Lee next, it's confirmed he's a chicken too.
If he calls out Lee, then I'll eat my words and admit he is the guy he claims to be, even if Lee beats him.

he is the champ, he should not call out anyone. it's the others role to call him out.
what he should do is to defend againts a top contender this year, and he said he'd fight Tony, Lee, dolly, poirier or alvarez, whoever the UFC chooses.

He's 7-1 in his last 8 fights. I like how you use his loss (while he had a serious infection) vs arguably the real best fighter in the division as an excuse.

And funny how he's not voicing his opinion on fighting Lee now. He was very vocal about wanting to fight other fighters. Now it's become "Let the UFC decide", after Lee's performance has shone a light on the real challenge.

he mentionned lee as one of the contenders. it's not because you want that fight that he should make it a priority, others have as much a title shot claim as lee does. I'm fine with him geting the shot, but it's not a given he should be the next one

Lee looked good against barboza, but he also just lost before that. I don't see how he should skip poirier who's been grinding his ass off to the top, and really deserves a title shot.

He already said he will fight anyone the UFC wants him to fight.

Too bad he's taking another 7 months off, though. I don't really even get it. If Ramadan ends mid-June, shouldn't he be ready to fight in September or late August even, and still put a full camp in. Or are his camps over 4 months long?

He's trying to stretch this out for as long as possible.

Waiting so long means, he'll probably get the Conor fight lined up for himself.

I'm sure they're calculated it and figured that waiting that long means, when it's time to fight, Tony's return and a potential Lee fight may clash with McGregor.

I know Khabib wants Poirier or Alvarez, then McGregor, then will have Tony or Lee after that.

he mentionned lee as one of the contenders. it's not because you want that fight that he should make it a priority, others have as much a title shot claim as lee does. I'm fine with him geting the shot, but it's not a given he should be the next one

Um, ofc he mentioned Lee duh. Lee is why he made the damned post to begin with, since Lee is all everyone has been talking about since his Barbosa performance.

So, his response to hordes of people pushing for him to try and defend against Lee is, "Conor, Poirier & Alvarez are equal options. The UFC decides, not me".
Didn't hear him talking like that when calling out Conor or GSP LOL

He already called out the top 5 guys in the division including LEE....He said he will fight anyone that the UFC asks him to fight

LOL Ofc he said that, because he knows damned well the UFC will 100% protect their investment and no way will they sacrifice him to Lee.

Amazing how people are so naive...

You're right I do give Lee the advantage in 1 punch KO power. But overall striking I give to Khabib. Even Al said he's much harder to hit then he originally planned and while his striking is lackluster it's effective enough for Khabib to get the fight to where he wants it at.

When has Lee one punch KO’d anyone?

Hopefully Kevin Lee gets banned from the UFC and we never hear from him or see him fight again. BAN KEVIN LEE.

ROFL! That was actually hilarious.

And they gave Colby an Interim Title Fight, after doing the same thing (albeit a lot less eloquently & witty).

Back