Lesser Known Gaming Systems

You didn't enjoy Sewer Shark?

Or Night Trap?

Night Trap was pretty much impossible to find when I got my Sega CD, Sewer shark was meh.

Im not saying there werent a few good games for it (Snatcher, Lunar, Night Trap, sonic cd, etc)... But for the price of a few games, a genesis, sega cd, and 2 of the 6 button controllers, I could have instead got a playstation.

Night Trap was pretty much impossible to find when I got my Sega CD, Sewer shark was meh.

Im not saying there werent a few good games for it (Snatcher, Lunar, Night Trap, sonic cd, etc)... But for the price of a few games, a genesis, sega cd, and 2 of the 6 button controllers, I could have instead got a playstation.

My friend had one and the FMV blew me away to be honest. I wish more indie devs brought it back.

EDIT - Holy shit, I had no idea that Steam has Night Trap. I just might buy it. Always had a crush on Dana Plato. hehe

http://store.steampowered.com/app/643620/Night_Trap__25th_Anniversary_Edition

Last edited:
IMG_1416.GIF
I've been enjoying videos lately from some guy calling himself "The Gaming Historian." He goes pretty in depth on most topics, and has several vids going over the history of systems that I did not realize existed. Did anyone know there was a system released by Panasonic that played Game Cube games AND DVD's?

Or, does anyone remember the JVC X'Eye, which played Sega Genesis games, as well as games for Sega CD?

Then there were units that weren't licensed properties at all, but stand alone gaming systems altogether, such as 3DO, which was made by several companies.

When I was a young Bobby, I was a Nintendo kid, myself. I had friends who had Segas, and a few with old school Atari systems. I never knew anyone with expensive systems such as those in the videos above.

What were the systems you owned during the old days of gaming?

Did any of you actually own the expensive (especially for the time) units offered in the early/mid 90's?

And for those that had 3DO units, how did they stack up to the other top systems of the time?

Thanks, buds. I'm new here.

I had a 3DO and it sucked not being able to go go to the local blockbuster and rent a game. Graphics were cool but wasn't worth it. Luckily, I had a sega for backup

Were the graphics really much better than those of a Genesis?
Graphics were actually pretty good, but poor execution on the games. I remember the games being so expensive at the time as well

game sack is a good start to learning about a system you're unfamiliar with.

i know others frown on this, but i also say go for emulation and try out some of those old systems. costs aren't what they were back in the 00s and stuff is a lot more expensive now so for me, i need to try a game before i invest and emulation is a great way to do it.

I guess the Handy Boy was the weirdest accessory I had.

Handy_Boy_Gameboy-739593.jpg

I had one for my GBC. It was basically required for night gaming all the way up until the GBA SP.

Could you imagine a modern system NOT having a backlight? Kids these days have it too easy lol.

I had one for my GBC. It was basically required for night gaming all the way up until the GBA SP.

Could you imagine a modern system NOT having a backlight? Kids these days have it too easy lol.
It was all about the Worm Light for GBC.

Nyko-Super-White-Worm-Light-for-Game-Boy-Color-0.jpg

I had a Turbografx 16 back in the day, I think I just played Bonk's Adventure and some shitty racing game.

I had a light gun for my ps1 and played the second game in the die hard trilogy and 2 for my genesis which i played lethal enforcers. They worked great not sure why they arent more popular. Could probably make an awesome ps4 game with a gun

The Justifier or the Lunar Gun?
I tried to find a pic online but couldnt. It was blue and had a red button on the back where the hammer would be. It had a long skinny barrel. For genesis i had the blue and pink ones that looked like big revolvers

I tried to find a pic online but couldnt. It was blue and had a red button on the back where the hammer would be. It had a long skinny barrel. For genesis i had the blue and pink ones that looked like big revolvers
lg-cobra.jpg

$_1.JPG

PS1-KonamiHyperBlasterJustifierGun.jpg

Back