Leandro Lo at AOJ

I think you might have looked at the wrong data. From BJJ Heroes, Lepri has only been passed by Joao Gabriel Rocha in the Absolute of the 2017 Pans and by JT Torres in the 2010 Brasileiros. Felipe Pena took his back in 2014, but it was off a scramble and not a pass. As best I can tell, Lo has never passed Lepri's guard (he's come VERY close several times, though).

Excluding those matches:
- In no match with a recorded score did his opponent score three points or any number higher than 4, so no combination of points could include a pass.
- He only has one submission loss (Davi Ramos at ADCC), during which he was not passed.
- I looked up all the losses by unspecified "points" that I could find, and none of them included a pass (I could not easily find his losses to Diego Hertzog (2014) and Gilbert Burns (2009)).

(Holy fuck, Lepri is even better than I thought he was!)

Caveat: It's possible that he was passed in a match he later won by submission, since I didn't look all of them up. I don't think so, though.

https://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/lucas-lepri-wiki-bio

yeah, you're right. Should have looked closer. Lots of wins by 2 or advantage.

Prime Ken vs Lo? Ken via ankle lock.

Has anyone else seen the video of Marcio Andre (as a brown belt) rolling with Lo on Caio's site for Pans a couple years back?

i think rafa is a jiu jitsu god, but buchecha tears his fucking limbs off if he goes all out.

i like how he just straight up told them he's being nice about it, and it did the job immediately.

keenan has also gone on record to state that during an atos training camp for ADCC, rafa was the only competitor to never once get tapped - and that's training with galvao, keenan, jt torres, davi ramos... in like 3 weeks of training twice or three times a day.
Yeah, I think its customary to go friendly when visiting another school, so it wouldn't surprise me if all the visiting BB rolled friendly, while being secretly taped. Its a brilliant strategy to sell the myth of the mendes bros invincibility. Tape friendly, tired rolls of top names getting tapped, never compete in absolutes and wham! The untappable myth perpetuates and dumbasses like that guy who started a thread that Roger Gracie couldn't tap Rafa, eat it up.

Yeah, I think its customary to go friendly when visiting another school, so it wouldn't surprise me if all the visiting BB rolled friendly, while being secretly taped. Its a brilliant strategy to sell the myth of the mendes bros invincibility. Tape friendly, tired rolls of top names getting tapped, never compete in absolutes and wham! The untappable myth perpetuates and dumbasses like that guy who started a thread that Roger Gracie couldn't tap Rafa, eat it up.
i've seen plenty of people roll with them, who were well aware of the fact that the camera was on them.

gui owned luke rockhold on tape. joel tudor looked completely helpless. rafa made demente look sluggish. he tapped jake shields like 3 times in a row. i've seen him slap an armbar on galvao and choke him with an anaconda. all of those guys knew damn well they were being filmed, and they all went pretty hard. there is no myth about rafa being a jiu jitsu monster, he is exactly that.

i'm 100% certain they only upload videos that make them look good, though.

i've seen plenty of people roll with them, who were well aware of the fact that the camera was on them.

gui owned luke rockhold on tape. joel tudor looked completely helpless. rafa made demente look sluggish. he tapped jake shields like 3 times in a row. i've seen him slap an armbar on galvao and choke him with an anaconda. all of those guys knew damn well they were being filmed, and they all went pretty hard. there is no myth about rafa being a jiu jitsu monster, he is exactly that.

i'm 100% certain they only upload videos that make them look good, though.

Holy shit, that Jake Shields roll though.
Back when I first started I remember watching that and thinking that Jake Shields wasn't very good.

I realise now that he's a beast...which makes the roll even more impressive.

I find it really hard to believe that anyone was being taped secretly at AOJ. First, having seen many of the matches, it does not look like hidden camera footage. Second, maybe at first people didn't know, but it seems like it would be hard to go to AOJ and not know that they film the matches after the first year that they were open.

Back