Lando Vannata; Good but not Great.

Hilarious to read the hypetrains that get built over guys who haven't proven themselves; Sage, Perry, Lando, just to name the most recent ones.

Don't include Platinum in this. He only loses when opponents are scared to engage, unlike the others you mentioned.

Don't include Platinum in this. He only loses when opponents are scared to engage, unlike the others you mentioned.
tumblr_oicxuoJD3P1rofocqo1_500.gif
images

Keep fighting the good fight for Lando!

Lol, keep being an idiot who dreams at night about the failure of a fighter you don't know, while I'll keep on being unbiased when I make judgments regardless of annoying sherdog fanbases.

Lol, keep being an idiot who dreams at night about the failure of a fighter you don't know, while I'll keep on being unbiased when I make judgments regardless of annoying sherdog fanbases.
timthumb.php

He's an entry level ufc LW getting performance bonuses every time he shows up and put the top contender on his ass reeling. He's doing some big things. I'm grateful for his work.

If the kid learns legit defense then he'll be very scary. If he keeps the style has has now, he'll lose that chin and get stiffed most of the time.

He is a good fighter, but at some points in that fight, he forgot that striking defense was a thing.

Lando is legit. He has taken on tough competition and looked good. You win some and lose some. He'll be top 15 by the end of the year !!!

didn't watch his fight, still haven't watched it... I thought his performance vs Ferguson was pure luck. He moves like a douche and has no finishing power. the hype on these forums for him was unbelievable.. he needs to move down to FW anyway

Bumping because I wanted to ask if people here still thought this guy could be a champion some day? I have still yet to see any of his fights, but I keep reading about him on here. His UFC record indicates (at least to me) that he is a Joe Lauzon type fighter, he wins a boatload of Bonuses like Joe, and has a crowd pleasing style also like Joe, but might always be a .500 fighter (again like Joe.)

Finally saw the fight between him and Teymur, and I will admit that I thought he would win, I also thought that Teymur might prove to be a difficult opponent.

From what I've seen so far, I think Lando is a talented fighter with a flashy crowd pleasing style, but now I'm not sure he's championship material. I think he'll have a solid UFC career and will be a fan favorite like Cowboy Cerrone, but I don't think he'll be a champion at 155. He's not defensively sound and gets hit way too much for my liking, and I don't think he manages his energy expenditure all that well.

Hilarious to read the hypetrains that get built over guys who haven't proven themselves; Sage, Perry, Lando, just to name the most recent ones.

Hype trains are born from enthusiasm for his style. They dont need to be taken as literal

Lando Vennata, #1 grooviest pound for pound.

3 UFC fights.

24 y/o.

Mega hype behind him, wanted to put up a show.

Needs to mix it up he has that D1 wrestler pedigree, he could have went this route and 'secure the win' but he did it in his own way and lost 2 to 1.

Kinda gassed in the 3rd.

Plenty of time to improve. Especially on the defense.
"pedigree" is a bit of a stretch in word choice, considering he barely finished one semester in uni.

Just needs to be more efficient with his energy, and that involves actually defending strikes

his defense sucks. he likes to come forward with a lot of different strikes though, so I guess he's fun to watch at the sake of his health.

Lando is my new Lytle. IDGAF if he wins or loses. I'll always want to see him fight. The guy is always entertaining and I care more about that than pristine records.

"pedigree" is a bit of a stretch in word choice, considering he barely finished one semester in uni.

I guess but to make a D1 team should mean you are good at it and done it well in high-school it's not something you just decide to walk on right in ?

Last edited:
I guess but to make a D1 team should mean you are good at it and done in well in high-school it's not something you just decide to walk on right in ?
Yeah, you're right.. but idk, I see D1 wrestler and BJJ black belt in so many UFC fighter pages that it doesn't seem special at all to me now...

Finally saw the fight between him and Teymur, and I will admit that I thought he would win, I also thought that Teymur might prove to be a difficult opponent.

From what I've seen so far, I think Lando is a talented fighter with a flashy crowd pleasing style, but now I'm not sure he's championship material. I think he'll have a solid UFC career and will be a fan favorite like Cowboy Cerrone, but I don't think he'll be a champion at 155. He's not defensively sound and gets hit way too much for my liking, and I don't think he manages his energy expenditure all that well.

Perry train is almost a joke IMO. I feel like most people hype him comedically. If people really think Perry has shown championship level anything there is no help for them IMO

Back