Lando Vannata; Good but not Great.

12 days short notice, no camp vs a top 5 LW .. first fight in the UFC at age 23, fighting just for a few years and he almost pulled it off.. hard to impress you are my man.

I know, I would have been impressed if he had finished Ferg. Almost doesn't cut it in combat sports, but I appreciate the moxy and guts Lando had in taking the fight on short notice.

I know. I'm not taking away Teymur's performance in the slightest bit. If you read my other posts, I said his hands and his kicks were far more effective than Lando, while not as flashy but more than capable of doing the job.

Yea i wasn't very surprised to be honest.

The only thing that had me curious was Lando getting him to the ground and in that area David would have to watch his underwears.

Still has a wrestling background.

Way more wrestling then the limited time he spent on striking.

I think he's better at striking than the grappling, and I get the impression he would rather strike anyways

He can certainly do some very flashy things and has got great agility and seems pretty explosive. However, the hardest part of being a striker is often staying disciplined and doing the fundamentals well - then you can pick your one or two moments when you pull a total rabbit out of the bag. That's the route he needs to go.

He has a lot of work to do, but he could have a very bright future.

I'm glad you have the crystal ball to tell you a 24 year old who nearly KOed a current title contender won't improve at all over the next 5 years. Please direct me to where I can get one of my own.

He's a crowd pleaser, but not a champion right now. He could develop into one, but he's over hyped at the moment. That said, i'm a fan and I wanted him to win. He needs to move down to 145 to have a chance.

I'm glad you have the crystal ball to tell you a 24 year old who nearly KOed a current title contender won't improve at all over the next 5 years. Please direct me to where I can get one of my own.

Cry some more.

I fail to see the relevance here? They are not independent clause linked by adverbs, or transition phrases. The second assertion is directly about the first phrase - this is why a colon would make more sense.

It was a tongue in cheek comment: not supposed to be taken literally; there was some seriousness in it.

Cry some more.

Lol, dumbass, I'm not crying because I haven't even seen Vannata fight before last night(Just a gif of that KO). Just being logical, which people like you with a fixation on a man you don't even know hate to see.

Too much hype behind Lando which Teymur derailed.

However, Lando is very good and if he works his defense and fundamentals he can go very far.

Lol, dumbass, I'm not crying because I haven't even seen Vannata fight before last night(Just a gif of that KO). Just being logical, which people like you with a fixation on a man you don't even know hate to see.
269fa226ea55ad028164bcab79c38aab.gif

Wow, a picture response, so clever. Like I said, I haven't seen Vannata fight, and have always thought these guys who take one fighter they're a fan of and treat them like a god are retarded. I've thought that since the guys who used to do with Anderson Silva, and I think that about "groovy nation" now.

But that doesn't stop me from being logical when looking at a 24 year old fighter, which clearly makes you salty.

He is very talented and skilled for sure. The fight was exciting and fun to watch, enjoyed it. Those spinning kicks are awesome if they land, but the problem is they use up a lot of energy, and if you keep throwing them a lot but not landing them its just gonna empty the gas tank, you could tell he was fatiguing. Conor learnt that the hard way in his first fight with Nate, then the 2nd fight zero spinning kicks thrown. It really does use up a lot of energy if you keep doing it constantly. He will be back for sure, talented guy.

Wow, a picture response, so clever. Like I said, I haven't seen Vannata fight, and have always thought these guys who take one fighter they're a fan of and treat them like a god are retarded. I've thought that since the guys who used to do with Anderson Silva, and I think that about "groovy nation" now.

But that doesn't stop me from being logical when looking at a 24 year old fighter, which clearly makes you salty.

Keep fighting the good fight for Lando!

He's got talent obviously. But he gets hit way too much. I know he thinks he relies on his chin and he thinks he can just walk through shots, but what he does really often is just asking for trouble. I mean, when he's in arm's length, he stands straight up and his chin is way high. It's like he's asking to get hit. It's mostly arrogance and he feels he can dodge those shots, but good strikers have been able to catch him.

Back