Lando Vannata; Good but not Great.

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Finally saw the fight between him and Teymur, and I will admit that I thought he would win, I also thought that Teymur might prove to be a difficult opponent.

From what I've seen so far, I think Lando is a talented fighter with a flashy crowd pleasing style, but now I'm not sure he's championship material. I think he'll have a solid UFC career and will be a fan favorite like Cowboy Cerrone, but I don't think he'll be a champion at 155. He's not defensively sound and gets hit way too much for my liking, and I don't think he manages his energy expenditure all that well.

Hilarious to read the hypetrains that get built over guys who haven't proven themselves; Sage, Perry, Lando, just to name the most recent ones.

He has no defence

Like I watched him just eat punches and not care

Maybe his goal was to break his opponents fists with his head

I think he has to go to 145 to be a threat to the title. But he's young and may one day win the belt. I never thought RDA was a threat to the belt four years ago but he still won it eventually.

3 UFC fights.

24 y/o.

Mega hype behind him, wanted to put up a show.

Needs to mix it up he has that D1 wrestler pedigree, he could have went this route and 'secure the win' but he did it in his own way and lost 2 to 1.

Kinda gassed in the 3rd.

Plenty of time to improve. Especially on the defense.

He has no defence

Like I watched him just eat punches and not care

Maybe his goal was to break his opponents fists with his head

He has flashy kicks (ala Mcgregor), but Teymur was far more effective with his kicks; leg kick, left body kick, left high kick, and the knees in the clinch were especially brutal.

Landos striking defense was pretty bad in this fight

3 UFC fights.

24 y/o.

Needs to mix it up he has that D1 wrestler pedigree, he could have went this route and 'secure the win' but he did it in his own way and lost 2 to 1.

Kinda gassed in the 3rd.

That's another thing, while I can appreciate him looking for a finish, his use of energy and his pace management needs to be worked on.

3 UFC fights.

24 y/o.

Kinda gassed in the 3rd.

yeah i agree, to act like he wont improve would be foolish

A highly disciplined striker will punish an unorthodox striker of equal skill 7 times out of 10

Both guys are legit. UFC future is in good hands.

3 UFC fights.

24 y/o.

Kinda gassed in the 3rd.

I don't know if it's right to say he has a D1 wrestling pedigree. He was only in college for a semester or less.

Finally saw the fight between him and Teymur, and I will admit that I thought he would win, I also thought that Teymur might prove to be a difficult opponent.

From what I've seen so far, I think Lando is a talented fighter with a flashy crowd pleasing style, but now I'm not sure he's championship material. I think he'll have a solid UFC career and will be a fan favorite like Cowboy Cerrone, but I don't think he'll be a champion at 155. He's not defensively sound and gets hit way too much for my liking, and I don't think he manages his energy expenditure all that well.

Hilarious to read the hypetrains that get built over guys who haven't proven themselves; Sage, Perry, Lando, just to name the most recent ones.
at 24, that guy is a future title contender

his defense is obscene, but he'll work on that.

I don't know if it's right to say he has a D1 wrestling pedigree. He was only in college for a semester or less.

Still has a wrestling background.

Way more wrestling then the limited time he spent on striking.

A highly disciplined striker will punish an unorthodox striker of equal skill 7 times out of 10

That's what I saw, a more disciplined approach to the fight that wore down Lando throughout the course of 3 rounds.

That's another thing, while I can appreciate him looking for a finish, his use of energy and his pace management needs to be worked on.
i might agree with this except he didnt really gas at all imo

they kept their pace and actually even turned it up late, so i have no problem with them going balls out

at 24, that guy is a future title contender

his defense is obscene, but he'll work on that.

Maybe, he gets touched up way too often for my liking. Keeping your hands low and chin out and constantly in the pocket is a recipe for disaster

Maybe, he gets touched up way too often for my liking. Keeping your hands low and chin out and constantly in the pocket is a recipe for disaster
yep, hands low and he also seems to stop his head movement in the pocket. sucks because hes really 'flowy' and 'groovy' at striking range with good head movement, but when he closes distance and shit gets thick, his head stays still and his chin stays up. brawl mode.

he also makes it a point to stay still when hes rocked to hide the fact that he took a hard shot. someone will follow up and drop him if he doesnt get out of the way.

He looked like someone with only 6 years striking experience

Back