Social Landmark Dutch study shows those pesky conservatives were right all along: Kids grow out of "gender confusion"

I stated a fact that you didn't like. If you basically give young boys these hormones and try to "Reverse" them they will grow up as an adult with a Micro Penis.
You’re completely making that up.

Why is it so hard for some of you to have an honest dialogue on the topic? There’s enough to rage about without lying.

According to the mayo clinic they may have an effect on growth, bone density, bone growth, etc, What are basing the claim that its reversible on?
This is what the Mayo Clinic says:

Are the changes permanent?

GnRH analogues don't cause permanent physical changes. Instead, they pause puberty. That offers a chance to explore gender identity. It also gives youth and their families time to plan for the psychological, medical, developmental, social and legal issues that may lie ahead..

When a person stops taking GnRH analogues, puberty starts again.

No mention of a micro penis. Certainly no reference to “mutilation”.

You’re completely making that up.

Why is it so hard for some of you to have an honest dialogue on the topic? There’s enough to rage about without lying.
Just because you don't like what youre hearing doesn't validate the truth....

When a person stops taking GnRH analogues, puberty starts again.

No mention of a micro penis. Certainly no reference to “mutilation”.
Its to late at the point for full development....Its apparent you know nothing about hormone therapy.

Its to late at the point for full development....Its apparent you know nothing about hormone therapy.
We’re talking about puberty blockers. And I posted the facts. Educate yourself.

We’re talking about puberty blockers. And I posted the facts. Educate yourself.
You didn't post any facts if anyone actually needs to be educated on this subject its obvious its you..

You didn't post any facts if anyone actually needs to be educated on this subject its obvious its you..
Yeah I only posted the mayo clonic. While you posted your uneducated emotions.

The most prestigious medical associations in America wrote a coalition statement indicating political interference in the treatment of trans children is causing untold harm.

Meanwhile, other "medical" associations were hastily formed for the sole purpose of stopping the treatment of trans children. Jon Stewart recently interviewed a conservative governor who used them to support legislative bans of trans treatments. He asked her to name them and she refused, saying she couldn't remember the names, the names of associations she referenced to create legislation.

There are medications you let children use that are exponentially more dangerous than puberty blockers but you never complain about them. The parents know the risks when they allow a child to take blockers, why do you think you know better?

There are medications you let children use that are exponentially more dangerous than puberty blockers but you never complain about them. The parents know the risks when they allow a child to take blockers, why do you think you know better?
Parents also abuse their children all the time and that bothers me as well.

The full study link is here, and open source, so anyone can read it. The abstract summarizes all the most important points. Not only do the vast majority of young adolescents grow out of this, strongly indicating it is a phase, but it is also associated with poor mental health. This wasn't some small study. It followed thousands of individuals over a 20-year period:

Gender dysphoria is a sign of mental and emotional instability, and should not be encouraged. It should definitely NOT be accommodated with actions that are potentially permanently harmful such as hormone treatments, or worst of all, invasive surgeries. Sometimes protecting minors means protecting them from their own impulses.
giphy[1].gif

Parents also abuse their children all the time and that bothers me as well.
Why are you choosing to lie about the topic though instead of just dealing with it more honestly? Like I said, there’s enough to legitimately take issue with without lying.

No I'm asking you where you think this increase has come from. Or do you figure humanity has always had about 4% of the population who truly feel they're in the wrong body?
The takeaway from the OP didn’t really focus on some increase….

Was there a prior study?

The takeaway from the OP didn’t really focus on some increase….

Was there a prior study?
Should we just then assume 0%? Just curious why it's such a dramatic problem in 2024 if the population has always had 4% that just aren't content with their body.

Terrible idea to allow confused people to make life altering decisions in their formative years, as they can't fully grasp the consequences of the choice.

Back