Kyokushin: Your face=punch magnet?

Here comes spacetime again with his senseless style vs. style posts.

A boxer with conditioned legs? So basically not a typical boxer?

No, a boxer who conditiones his legs (which ever way you pick) but does not train any other art. Dolph Lundgren doesn't think he would stand a chance against a World Champ boxer like Mike Tyson, and Dolph was a European Kyokushin champion.

No, a boxer who conditiones his legs (which ever way you pick) but does not train any other art. Dolph Lundgren doesn't think he would stand a chance against a World Champ boxer like Mike Tyson, and Dolph was a European Kyokushin champion.
And how do you propose this conditioning gets done? Partner smashes their legs with a bat?

Sparring with Kyokushin/MT guys while they keep it strictly boxing?

Even then that's not pure boxing, they're training with other styles even if they want to stick it purely to hands; The conditioning of legs takes away from their time to do other things in relation to their sport.

Leg conditioning doesn't happen overnight, let alone if you're not training in an art with serious leg conditioning like kyokushin, muay thai, kickboxing etc.

Also, I have a lot of respect for Dolph Lundgren but he was never at the top of the Kyokushin food chain while Tyson was the HW boxing champion.

Mike Tyson in his prime would be able to KO any man on the planet in any ruleset IMO, the guy had crazy power and aggression.

Your posts don't make sense again. Will they ever?

Leg conditioning doesn't happen overnight, let alone if you're not training in an art with serious leg conditioning like kyokushin, muay thai, kickboxing etc.

Also, I have a lot of respect for Dolph Lundgren but he was never at the top of the Kyokushin food chain while Tyson was the HW boxing champion.

Mike Tyson in his prime would be able to KO any man on the planet in any ruleset IMO, the guy had crazy power and aggression.

Your posts don't make sense again. Will they ever?

Are you mad? Tyson would not KO any man on the planet. In his prime he went the distance several times! Read up before you hyperbole.

And how do you propose this conditioning gets done? Partner smashes their legs with a bat?

Sparring with Kyokushin/MT guys while they keep it strictly boxing?

Even then that's not pure boxing, they're training with other styles even if they want to stick it purely to hands; The conditioning of legs takes away from their time to do other things in relation to their sport.

It doesn't take away anything, just like going to a gym to get muscles, you condition the legs with day to day punishment. The thais kick trees

It doesn't take away anything, just like going to a gym to get muscles, you condition the legs with day to day punishment. The thais kick trees
Which is akin to heavybag work. Its banana tree, not an oak or maple tree. And kicking is part of the style so its well within their training.

You ever get leg kicked repeatedly the first year around? You're out of training for days after dealing with it. After the first year mark its normal. First time around, I could barely walk, which threw any conditioning out the window for that week.

Which is akin to heavybag work. Its banana tree, not an oak or maple tree. And kicking is part of the style so its well within their training.

You ever get leg kicked repeatedly the first year around? You're out of training for days after dealing with it. After the first year mark its normal. First time around, I could barely walk, which threw any conditioning out the window for that week.

Have I ever been low kicked? Yes. But I don't think it's fair to compare a TKD leg to a boxers. I do ITF TKD and I've yet to see any TKD fighter in open style challenges go down from low kicks.. I have seen them go down from body punches though.

Which is akin to heavybag work. I.

No its not. You can have a dude low kick the boxers leg for weeks. have a rest in between, and then put him in a ring. It's not rocket science.

Are you mad? Tyson would not KO any man on the planet. In his prime he went the distance several times! Read up before you hyperbole.

Tyson could KO anyone on the planet, it doesn't mean he would every single time, it means that he was dangerous enough not to be counted out of any fight. I can't think of an instance vs. someone where you'd think "Tyson has no chance of KO'ing that guy".

No its not. You can have a dude low kick the boxers leg for weeks. have a rest in between, and then put him in a ring. It's not rocket science.

And yet no boxer ever managed to do that and win against top competitors in KB or MT. But I guess you have the solution that top coaches and fighters didn't have...

And yet no boxer ever managed to do that and win against top competitors in KB or MT. But I guess you have the solution that top coaches and fighters didn't have...

Do you have any proof of the few boxers entering actually conditioning their legs in advance? I am 99% sure they did not. They underestimated it.

This boxer did not go down from low kicks:

colbert-popcorn.gif

Tyson could KO anyone on the planet, it doesn't mean he would every single time, it means that he was dangerous enough not to be counted out of any fight. I can't think of an instance vs. someone where you'd think "Tyson has no chance of KO'ing that guy".

I can think of match-ups were it's very unlikely that tyson would KO a Thaifighter and instead get mauled quickly. And the difference is that Thais have good boxing defence, and are used to face punches in competition. They don't mind boxers at all.

I think if Tyson faced a Kyokushin fighter on the other hand, the Kyokushinkai would get shell-shocked by the level of punching and power, and combos. and not make it.....

Last edited:
what about botha vs JLB & aerts?

This boxer did not go down from low kicks:

One of my last posts literally said: "You should have a look at what happens to western boxers when they have a go in Kickboxing or Muay Thai without much training in those styles, more often than not they go down with low kicks or even high kicks that they don't see coming."

CBA going in circles again with you in a style vs style discussion, have your beliefs and I'll have mine. GL HF

what about botha vs JLB & aerts?

Those are some good exceptions and fair play to BOTHA he was a tough fighter and he had trained intensively in kickboxing and how to block kicks.

However he was 4-12 in kickboxing and his wins against Aerts and Lebanner even though they are geat achievements they weren't really proper wins. Peter Aerts injured his own leg from repetitive kicking from the previous fight + that fight with Botha so he had to quit in round 1 in their fight, and Botha wasn't winning the fight. The fight vs Lebanner was much more impressive as it was close and ended in a draw, they had to go an extension round and Lebanner couldn't continue because of injury so Botha won by forfeit.

Fair play to Botha for those wins, however they're not really proper wins as in not a proper KO/TKO wins or decision wins.

Injuries happen in combat sports and sometimes the underdog or lesser fighter wins because the other fighter gets injured.

Back