Kyoji Horiguchi is now with Rizin.

Rizin needs to dump the 10 minute round. So stupid.

giphy.gif

Pissed off that the UFC let The Gooch go. He's still very young and developing, was great on the feet vs. MM, was even faster, but his downfall was his wrestling, so he went and developed that and just out wrestled a Dagestani (Bagautinov) who shut down Linekar and went the full 25 with MM.
Not likeing this WME UFC era.

No it doesn't.

MMA was at its best when the UFC brought in the SF guys after bringing in the WEC guys two years before, they had 98% of the best fighters in the world, fast forward four years later and they completely dropped the ball and now WSOF, Rizin, and Bellator are options and the talent is spread out.

2013-2014 was the gold standard.
I dont want all the fighters under the ufc.

Because i like watching multiple orgs all over having success.

Motoya is a good fight.

Ishiwatari, Yamaguchi or Tokoro are all fights I wouldn't mind seeing as well.

Well, this ..by far...rationally thought, has to be the most nonsense let go of a fighter ever. Horiguchi is 7-1 and the best prospect in the fw division. Good for Rizin and bad for the UFC. I am definitely triggered and not liking the WME era.

I dont want all the fighters under the ufc.

Because i like watching multiple orgs all over having success.

What's enjoyable about watching Davis, Rory, and Horiguchi fighting fighters who are five levels below them in terms of talent?

sad to see one of my favourites go, but kyoji is gonna fuck everyone up over there.

He's top 3 already and the best young fighter in the division.

Does the UFC care about having the best fighters anymore?! If not, what's the point of the UFC?

Rory, Bendo, Phil Davis, now the Gooch...

Obviously they don't, and it's shown in their willingness to release top fighters that might actually make what they are worth for a change. The UFC is losing a lot of goodwill by turning their organization into a circus, and the devaluation may not be shown in any individual fighter, but it will be shown collectively when people tune into a different promotion with actual competitors instead of the UFC.

Not to mention, many people recognize this as the reason boxing died, and will probably be even more true for the UFC. It's very hard to create stars when there isn't competition. The UFC is essentially selling out their future to make as much money as possible right now. It's very obvious that WME is in panic.

I´m mad.

There is no competition for him outside the UFC.

Probably makes more in rizen for 1 fight than 1 entire year of fighting in the ufc

Obviously they don't, and it's shown in their willingness to release top fighters that might actually make what they are worth for a change. The UFC is losing a lot of goodwill by turning their organization into a circus, and the devaluation may not be shown in any individual fighter, but it will be shown collectively when people tune into a different promotion with actual competitors instead of the UFC.

Not to mention, many people recognize this as the reason boxing died, and will probably be even more true for the UFC. It's very hard to create stars when there isn't competition. The UFC is essentially selling out their future to make as much money as possible right now. It's very obvious that WME is in panic.

Excellent analysis. Fully agree. The short-termism of these idiots is incredible. They have no appreciation of the fact that the integrity and credibility of the sport is precisely why the sport has value - unlike boxing.

<GinJuice>
Awesome news.

I hope Rizin continues to grow.

The one good thing coming out of all these great fighters leaving/being cut is it makes overall mma much stronger and orgs far better.

It means great fighters can't fight each other because the UFC don't co-promote... you want that? whyyyyy????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back