Media Kyoji Horiguchi and Kai Asakura May Be Joining UFC According to Rizin President

Horiguchi is the real deal. I think he is slightly past prime though.

I'm a big Horiguchi fan. I just wish he never left the ufc... he was green when he lost to DJ he went and had like 6 great years but he's 33 and I think just starting to slow down and he could be coming back.

Horiguchi is the real deal. I think he is slightly past prime though.
How? Mix has dominated everyone he's fought in the last 3 years except Kyoji. Kyoji took 2 rounds against him, and the fight was a draw going into round 5. This is ultra impressive in retrospect considering what Mix did to his next 3 opponents.

How? Mix has dominated everyone he's fought in the last 3 years except Kyoji. Kyoji took 2 rounds against him, and the fight was a draw going into round 5. This is ultra impressive in retrospect considering what Mix did to his next 3 opponents.
True. Don't know why I thought that in hind sight

would be two great additions but for Gooch its up to PFL cause I doubt they just let him walk. They'll say fight at BW if we dont have a Fly div, stay in Bellator or move over to maybe this PFL Europe BW tournament or wait for 2025 and maybe they'll open PFL BW div.

Just cant see them being like yeah ok you can go to UFC. Now if he wants to let Kai go since Kai is signed to Rizin he can do that but it is weird he'd want two of his biggest stars to leave.

Via trade or via selling the contract?

Would very much welcome. Rizin poses no significant competition to UFC, more a minor league. This would be good for both promotions. Doubt they get to much money but they could step up pay if they advance.

Dana won’t allow it. Ever since his boy Chuck got KO’d in pride by Rampage he’s been terrified to do cross promotion.
Terrified of what thought? Kai and Guch even on the outside chance they won a title Dana likes the idea of having representation from these places in those weight classes.

It’s not like Guchi is going to come karate beebop Islam or Jon Jones into oblivion and run back to RIZIN with the UFC’s entire fanbase. The stakes that existed in 2003 are non existed in 2024.

But as stated he’s trying to get them into the UFC. We already had Jiri come from RIZIN and become champ and nobody gave a shit about where he came from because a rivalry like that no longer exists. The UFC didn’t hesitate to give him that opportunity and promote him.

Back