Kung Fury -- OH! HELL! YES! (Sequel in the Works)

LOL. I have a signed Miami Connection poster hanging in my living room. Proud of that shit.

How I feel right now.

sophia-loren-and-jayne-mansfield.png

How I feel right now.

sophia-loren-and-jayne-mansfield.png

Hey, man. . . Don't fuck with Y.K. Kim or Miami Connection!

I have that shit on Blu-Ray AND limited edition VHS. And I have the Dragon Sound LP. And of course the poster.

It was hilarious. The end looks set up for a sequel. Hopefully it gets made

I just watched this on Netflix because of this thread. What a hilarious, fucked up, ridiculous, nostalgic packed movie. I laughed my ass off.

It just tries too hard. Don't get me wrong; I have a great appreciation for the production and overall effort. I just simply didn't enjoy it. It was just a little too "Internet" for me (I can't articulate my point here; that's about as close as I'll get). Too retro and random. It just seems like they were shooting for a spot on VH1'S "I LOVE THE 2010's: 2015" that will air in ten years.

yes yes yes yes!!!
saw it last night, introduced it to all my co workers and friends the next day

It just tries too hard.

Yep. It was amusing as a trailer. 30 minutes of "Look at how 80's this is" got tiresome pretty quickly. Don't get the hype at all.

Watch Turbo Kid instead.

Yep. It was amusing as a trailer. 30 minutes of "Look at how 80's this is" got tiresome pretty quickly. Don't get the hype at all.

Watch Turbo Kid instead.

As has already been said in this thread a few times, I think it could have lived up to the trailer if it had given us what was in the trailer. Specifically, in the trailer Hitler is taken seriously as a true threat. He's Kung Fuhrer -- one of the greatest kung fu masters of all time! Turning him into some sniveling, whiny pussy was a terrible idea.

As has already been said in this thread a few times, I think it could have lived up to the trailer if it had given us what was in the trailer. Specifically, in the trailer Hitler is taken seriously as a true threat. He's Kung Fuhrer -- one of the greatest kung fu masters of all time! Turning him into some sniveling, whiny pussy was a terrible idea.

For me, the movie is fundamentally flawed, and no changes to story would've saved it.

Kung Fury to me is sort of like a Family Guy joke. It's not so much a joke as it's just a reference. There isn't much thought put into it.

Brilliant!! It's on netflix. Just watch it.

Watched it a couple of weeks ago for the first time and loved it.

I wish Hitler had been a kung fu master badass instead of the goofball he turned out to be, but hopefully they'll fix that in the final version of the movie.

And the Hoff's song is kick ass too.

Just watched it, and loved it. It took a little from Kung Pow and improved on it.

Hitler shouldve been a kungfu badass as well

Back