Kung Fury -- OH! HELL! YES! (Sequel in the Works)

That easily could have been a 40 minute movie! It left a lot of unanswered questions.

Definitely could have used a Triceracop origin story.

Update: February 12, 2018

Michael Fassbender to Star in David Sandberg's KUNG FURY Movie

The hotly anticipated feature-length followup to one of the biggest cult short film of recent years has lined up an Oscar-nominated star.

Michael Fassbender has been cast in David Sandberg's action-comedy Kung Fury, which Sandberg will also star in and produce under his Laser Unicorns’ banner, alongside Fassbender. David Hasselhoff, who appeared in the original Kung Fury and sang the theme song "True Survivor," will also join the cast.

Released in 2015, Kung Fury was a Kickstarter record-breaking success, was selected for Cannes Directors Fortnight and has gained over 40 million views worldwide. The feature, which will be a sequel to the original short, is set to shoot this summer. The Hollywood Reporter understands this will take place in Europe and the U.S.

Set in 1985 in Miami, which is kept safe under the watchful eye of Kung Fury, the greatest damn cop of all time. Kung Fury’s Thundercops are the ultimate police force assembled from across history to defeat the villainous Kung Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler. After the tragic death of a Thundercop causes the group to disband, a mysterious villain emerges from the shadows to aid in the Fuhrer’s quest to attain the ultimate weapon. Kung Fury must travel space and time itself to save his friends, defend the prestigious Miami Kung Fu Academy, and defeat evil once and for all.

Michael Fassbender to Star in 'Kung Fury' Feature Film

Update: February 12, 2018

Michael Fassbender to Star in David Sandberg's KUNG FURY Movie

The hotly anticipated feature-length followup to one of the biggest cult short film of recent years has lined up an Oscar-nominated star.

Michael Fassbender has been cast in David Sandberg's action-comedy Kung Fury, which Sandberg will also star in and produce under his Laser Unicorns’ banner, alongside Fassbender. David Hasselhoff, who appeared in the original Kung Fury and sang the theme song "True Survivor," will also join the cast.

Released in 2015, Kung Fury was a Kickstarter record-breaking success, was selected for Cannes Directors Fortnight and has gained over 40 million views worldwide. The feature, which will be a sequel to the original short, is set to shoot this summer. The Hollywood Reporter understands this will take place in Europe and the U.S.

Set in 1985 in Miami, which is kept safe under the watchful eye of Kung Fury, the greatest damn cop of all time. Kung Fury’s Thundercops are the ultimate police force assembled from across history to defeat the villainous Kung Fuhrer, Adolf Hitler. After the tragic death of a Thundercop causes the group to disband, a mysterious villain emerges from the shadows to aid in the Fuhrer’s quest to attain the ultimate weapon. Kung Fury must travel space and time itself to save his friends, defend the prestigious Miami Kung Fu Academy, and defeat evil once and for all.

Michael Fassbender to Star in 'Kung Fury' Feature Film

If that's real, it looks fucking awful. The Man with the Iron Fists is going to look like Citizen Kane next to that thing.

I'll stick with Kung Pow!

Whaaaaa!??!?!?

Kung Pow couldn't hold Kung Fury's jockstrap!

Hackerman HACKED TIME and sent Kung Fury BACK IN TIME!!!!!

It had THOR in it!!!!!

LOL This is just bizarre. This almost feels like the recent Crocodile Dundee stunt, in which it just doesn't really feel like it could be real.

Fucking Fassbender in the Kung Fury sequel?

Kung Fury was a fucking great film. 32 minutes of amazeballs

Whaaaaa!??!?!?

It had THOR in it!!!!!
You're God damn right.gif

Last edited:
Weird choice fassbender almost seems like he occasionally just says yes to an offer for the hell of it.

The video with Hoff was better than the film. Both funny, but that music video was vastly more so.

Reading the description soundz pretty lame, but I suppose they can pull it off despite it all. Hasselhoff could really bring this home if he playz a key role imo.

Weird cast choice
Kung Fury > Fassbender

Whaaaaa!??!?!?

It had THOR in it!!!!!

This

Plus Kung Pow sucked even before Kung Fury blessed our lives

Haha so I guess Fass is the mysterious villain?

Stack that shit with cameos and keep the essence of the original and you should be good.

They should get an a lister as Triceracop for the laughs.

I want him to play Kung Fury's dad

1463073683586.jpg

Like the only possible way you can improve Kung Fury

Man this thread is a trip down memory lane every year it comes up for air. Fassbender as a villain? Works for me.

I stumbled on this shit high as a kite (the original on netflix)

Loved it.

Looking forward to the sequel. (Is it out?)

Kung pow is great too. Dont be a hater

He probably feels he's already made his life money from performing as an incestuous robot, and wants to be remembered for something more than that. I doubt he's doing this for the money, he has immense talents but the roles he gets most of his money from are not challenging, engaging enough for him

Glad he's on board. I wish more actors would do this kind of thing

Back