Khabibs Dad already smeshing him. lol

Lol you didn't have no experience in wrestling bjj Muay Thai and boxing by time you were 21 you just had a purple belt in karate from the local McDojo. Plus you were probably like the high schooler fighting little kids in karate class at the mcdojo or YMCA lol. Trying to be all badass online. I bet you and your dad couldn't even beat Demi lovato in a fight atleast she has mma training for real there toughguy.
Idk why you find it so incredible that someone could have trained all these things by the time they were 21. I started wrestling my freshman year, BJJ junior year to help me cut weight after wrestling practice, and I’d box in the spring and summer. It’s not that uncommon on an MMA forum.

Most people listen to their father, but most wouldn’t put up with their dad depriving them of sleep and making them run the mountains at 5 AM.

I don’t actually care. Just I think Khabib should make choices for himself instead of letting dear old dad control him.

Maybe this is just his fathers way to keep Khabib in peak condition both mentally and physically. He’s at the top now and it only gets harder from here.

Now is not really the time to celebrate. He’s got some real tough opponents to deal with. Khabib’s dad obviously wants to keep his sons head in the game.

He’s retiring soon, but maybe his dad realizes ok, you beat the biggest cash cow/star, solidified you’re the champ and made a lot of money, but nothing has changed.

Still gotta suffer to stay at the top. Mental toughness can be what wins you the fight. Just ask Darren Elkins.

I still wouldn’t allow my dad to burst in the room with a saxophone to wake me up after having very little rest, then making me run through the mountains n shit.

Being grounded like a child at 30 years old.

/rant

I hear what you are saying, but I don't think it's to the degree that you may be envisioning.

My best friend came from a boxing family, and the whole family LIVED that shit. The dad made his his son get up early, and jogged with him, as well as trained him in the gym.

My friend complained alot, but he and his dad also had a lot of fun and enjoyment, and laughs together. The dad even seemed to sort of live vicariously thru his son when he could no longer compete, and they both loved sharing their fight stories with each other.

It's a bizarre dynamic to the average person I can admit, but they did actually really grow close thru their competitive experiences.

Back