Khabib Training with Welterweights Kamaru Usman and Jake shields

dont forget welterweight ryan laflare- he's no slouch either.

Danis can be considered an elite grappler but there is zero reason to call him one of 'the best grapplers in the world today'.

Gary Tonon can be called one of the best grapplers today. He faced Danis twice, and beat him both times. The last time they met he submitted him pretty quickly.
Tonon subbed him the the first match. Won by points the the second. No shame in that tho. Gary is a bit of a freak.

I have no idea what McGregor and Dillon are doing, anyways Jake Shields>Dillondilion.png
C_1VMKrUMAAkHia.jpg

Both are very good but Dillion struggled A LOT in his last year of bjj. He went 3-7 in his 10 with 2 of the wins being against the same person.

Sheild is fucking monster but not the best of the best. He still struggled against top comp BUT nonetheless he is a beast.

Yeah but Danis is also focusing on MMA training and helping Conor out in the last two years. He's clearly been focusing a lot less on his BJJ

Yeah but Danis is also focusing on MMA training and helping Conor out in the last two years. He's clearly been focusing a lot less on his BJJ
He was competing in bjj comps non stop in 2017. MMA was an after thought. Weak excuse imo. Besides, most of that time Conor was not training for MMA. He was prepping for boxing, so he had plenty of time to focus.

He was competing in bjj comps non stop in 2017. MMA was an after thought. Weak excuse imo. Besides, most of that time Conor was not training for MMA. He was prepping for boxing, so he had plenty of time to focus.

I think we're splitting hairs either way at this point anyways. To me, Elite = one of the best in the world.

My biggest concern with Conor are his training partners. How many good wresslers he brought in? I havent read or heard any notable name training with the guy. It aint the same to be pushed to the limits by a top tier wressler than the “yes sir” bums he’s training with.

And lol at Dilon Danis. He might have decent bjj but his wresslin is far from great.
Didn’t he bring in that very high-caliber wrestler? Don’t remember his name, but one of the best ever.

Wonder how he does against Usman and Shields in grappling/wrestling
Shields being out of his prime would probably get out-grappled at this point in time (definitely a different story in his prime though).

Usman though? That I'd love to see. I personally think Usman is the best wrestler at 170 right now.

Shields being out of his prime would probably get out-grappled at this point in time (definitely a different story in his prime though).

Usman though? That I'd love to see. I personally think Usman is the best wrestler at 170 right now.
What makes you say Usman is a better wrestler than Woodley or Covington? Is it his credentials? I don't know much about their college careers.

Tonon subbed him the the first match. Won by points the the second. No shame in that tho. Gary is a bit of a freak.

Thank you it was a heel hook in 2015, then points when they met again.

To your point, Tonon is a 'freak' and can be called one of the greatest grapplers today. Danis hasn't had an accomplishment at the black belt level that should give him that credibility.

Didn’t he bring in that very high-caliber wrestler? Don’t remember his name, but one of the best ever.
No he didn't. There was a rumor that he would try to get Jordon Burroughs to join him for this camp but it was debunked pretty quickly

Thank you it was a heel hook in 2015, then points when they met again.

To your point, Tonon is a 'freak' and can be called one of the greatest grapplers today. Danis hasn't had an accomplishment at the black belt level that should give him that credibility.
No objections here. Pretty much agree.

Some footage would be nice. Such a rare opportunity to see the best of the best go at it.

Back