Khabib Training with Welterweights Kamaru Usman and Jake shields

9d84f7618b8620836549c856b202a8b9.png

He's won stuff. Just nothing at the world level for Blackbelts.
King of brown belts.

Yup, Shield's timing and precision is second only to Conor's

In ways I would have Shields as slightly better if you put a gun to my head

His footwork and speed are much better than Conor imo

Old Mac better watch out, Khabib will know every trick in the book and how to slip them

In ways I would have Shields as slightly better if you put a gun to my head

His footwork and speed are much better than Conor imo

Old Mac better watch out, Khabib will know every trick in the book and how to slip them
I can agree with that.

Those guys are killers....on the mat. Don't know how much help they'd be when training Conor.

He's also got Ed Ruth at AKA. Grappling and cardio wise, Khabib is in a great place.

Khabib might have the most impressive roster of training partners in the history of the UFC for this fight.

Khabib has all the tools to win this, but I'm concerned that against other opponents he has had to spend a minute or two walking forward eating shots before getting it to the ground. His chin will definitely be tested.

Has Ed been poppin in during this camp? Awesome if true. Love EZ Ed.
Dunno. I saw he was training at AKA in the past, he's got a fight lined up so I figured they are putting time on the mats.

Actually on his twitter he looks to be training at Dethrone or Alliance.

Last edited:
Oh for sure Jake is an absolute beast, pretty sure he outgrappled Maia when they fought too IIRC

He didn't. He won a SD in an mma match, the deciding factor being Jake's sloppy kickboxing in round 5. Maia had more takedowns and the more dangerous positions (Shield's back), shields held his own and had some really nice reversals, but mostly he sat in guard. No outgrappleing happened in that match.

Still, shields is great.

Last edited:
Conor training with elite moldovian wrestler

Costi gnariev

"elite"

Doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. What are his accomplishments? What international competitions has he won?

Also, his name is Gnusarev, not Gnariev.

Would LOVE to see footage of those guys wrestling. Kamaru is a beast and huge even for a welterweight. Shields is a legend in the grappling department.

i think we need to hear some stories about this, thats fucking great to see

He was competing in bjj comps non stop in 2017. MMA was an after thought. Weak excuse imo. Besides, most of that time Conor was not training for MMA. He was prepping for boxing, so he had plenty of time to focus.

Not to mention Sheilds has been focussing on MMA for like 15 years yet stoll shows up and dominates at JJ tournaments.

Back