Khabib eyes November/December return, says he'll defend against anyone in the top 5

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Remind me why he needs to take 6 whole months off after just winning the title?

He had a fight where he took zero damage, yet needs 6 months off?

Khabib, please don't turn into one of those champions.
Hmm, do some research brother. The average time between winning the belt and having that 1st title defense of all the past champions. Make a thread. Ill give u a like then
I don't have a dog in this discussion, but the question prompted my interest in finding out the average length of time for all past UFC champions between them first winning the title to their first title defense.

I count first titles only (Couture at Heavyweight, but not at Light Heavyweight). Interim Champions are not included, with the exception of Arlovski as he was later promoted to undisputed champion. I also did not include WMMA due to the lack of depth in their divisions, which would make this an apples to oranges comparison. I also did not include Aldo and Cruz as they were promoted from WEC champions to UFC champions.

8Spup1M.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-average-length-before-first-title-defense.3753211/

Adding the average number of days to the date that Nurmagomedov won the title, would put his first title defense at 10/6/18.

Crazy isn't it

The same idiots who thrashed Conor for not fighting at the snap of their fingers, are now silent on Khabib planning to be just as inactive

Except WHAT is Kahbib's excuse?
Conor was busy actually fighting and making 100million in a boxing ring. That made sense. What does Khabib need all this time off for?
You don't even know the definition of inactive.

With all due respect to the Muslim community, fuck Ramadan bro. #DefendOrVacate

That's the exact contrary of all due respect. Go buy a brain cell or two. A champ fighting two times a year is perfectly normal that's what jon jones, GSP, Silva and other champs did multiple times bar execeptions

I don't have a dog in this discussion, but the question prompted my interest in finding out the average length of time for all past UFC champions between them first winning the title to their first title defense.

I count first titles only (Couture at Heavyweight, but not at Light Heavyweight). Interim Champions are not included, with the exception of Arlovski as he was later promoted to undisputed champion. I also did not include WMMA due to the lack of depth in their divisions, which would make this an apples to oranges comparison. I also did not include Aldo and Cruz as they were promoted from WEC champions to UFC champions.

8Spup1M.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-average-length-before-first-title-defense.3753211/

Adding the average number of days to the date that Nurmagomedov won the title, would put his first title defense at 10/6/18.

Thanks fo the research. Could you redo the stat per timeframe ? Like 90's champs, 00's champs, and this decade champs. Would be interesting to see the evolution

Conor is a NUT JOB.... And .............even still Khabib is not afraid. I repeat ..CONOR IS A NUT CASE AND EVERYONE SHOULD BE CAUTIOUS OF HIS BEHAVIOR... same for JJones....JJones is just Smoother and More politically Correct and has better handlers...

Ovetteact much?

Ramadan ends on 14th June so why not July, August or early September?

That gives plenty of time for Conor to get a money fight in between. Thanks Khabib.

8Spup1M.jpg

Love this.

Proof: Frank Shamrock, Maurice Smith, Pat Miletich were bad ass mother fuckers!

Can you correlate by year, so we can see how all these millennials are nothing but big pussies?

November/ December? has he undergone a operation or something?
He has 40 days of fasting during the summer for Ramadan=no real training regiment is possible. Thats why his fighting span is between November and early June. I would say more but I dont want to get into trouble...

Taking 8 months off between title defenses of a belt he won by not even finishing the #11 ranked fighter?

Biggest paper champion in the UFC.
Yea, not defending your belt for a year and a half is way better!

December return lol what a bitch Khabibi is

I will be shocked if he actually makes it to the cage for his first title defense.

If it's Conor he will be there. Probably another late replacement for Conor.

Champ defending his title against n1 contender. Pathethic

Back