Khabib eyes November/December return, says he'll defend against anyone in the top 5

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
A little too long to wait but the mindset and plan are on the right track.

Im more interested in Max - Ortega - Zabit
Rooting for Max, but all of them are beasts and i can await to see them fight again!
What do you think, who should Zabit fight after beating Yair, Jeremy, Chang Sung Jung, or Edgar?
So many good fights!

Zabit looks really good but I don't want to overhype him yet. I also don't want to see him jump to someone he isn't ready for yet. So I guess I just want to see him fight anyone next and go from there.

Stipe won his title in mid-May, defended early September. Khabib won in early April, talking about Nov/Dec like it's a good thing, and translate this to at least March because there will surely be either "injuries" or negotiations. You will not see him fight in 2018 again unless it's Conor, get real people.
If injuries happen, then so be it. At least he is willing to defend, unlike someone we know...

Crazy isn't it

The same idiots who thrashed Conor for not fighting at the snap of their fingers, are now silent on Khabib planning to be just as inactive

Except WHAT is Kahbib's excuse?
Conor was busy actually fighting and making 100million in a boxing ring. That made sense. What does Khabib need all this time off for?
Shut the fuck up. Khabib has Ramadan, then takes up to 3 months for training camp before fight.

Conor fans are so fucking shook that their little 5'7" idol isn't the king of the world anymore.

A November return for Khabib at MSG is reasonable, though I’d like to see him fight sooner. It’s just the way the schedule worked out with Ramadan.

He could fight as soon as September, but then he might not have time for a full camp before MSG. If he had fought in early June before Ramadan, he’d likely still be aiming for MSG as his next fight. I’m sure he’d fight in September if there were a big enough fight for him (yes, Conor.)

I’m willing to cut him some slack, since his dedication to his faith seems genuine, and it’s not that hard to schedule his fights around a one-month holiday.

Any reason on why he can't return in September/October (which is a possibility that he may)? In 2011, he fought 10 days after Ramadan. And assuming it's because of fasting, you have Muslim athletes who don't take a couple of months off to recover.

Last edited:
Shut the fuck up. Khabib has Ramadan, then takes up to 3 months for training camp before fight.

Conor fans are so fucking shook that their little 5'7" idol isn't the king of the world anymore.
and never will be again!

well the truth is, im not counting him out against king Kebab. With his left, the truth is that he always have a Chance.

Taking 8 months off between title defenses of a belt he won by not even finishing the #11 ranked fighter?

Biggest paper champion in the UFC.

1. Hes defending the belt within the same year, that's standard. Just STFU man

2. Since when your supposed to finish another good professional fighter in order to be a real champ. Khabib totally outclassed him as real champ should do.

3. Khabib has never lost a single round

4. Only fake "champ" was Conor. Your f** deluded.

Remind me why he needs to take 6 whole months off after just winning the title?

He had a fight where he took zero damage, yet needs 6 months off?

Khabib, please don't turn into one of those champions.

He's fighting within the same year he won the belt and he already fought twice this year. Just shut up man

hey dude just won the most competitive belt in the 155 division
in one of the most uncompetitive circumstances... rank 11, 12hrs notice.

but ye, fighting twice in a year is normal tbf

perfectly healthy champ takes 7 months break after winning the title...

now watch him getting injured sometime during September/October and missing the whole year...

I hate that guy and his permanent inactivity ><

Remind me why he needs to take 6 whole months off after just winning the title?

He had a fight where he took zero damage, yet needs 6 months off?

Khabib, please don't turn into one of those champions.

Pretty sure it's because of Ramadan where Muslims have to fast for a long period of time. It's impossible to train. This came up in previous years with his fight scheduling.

Pretty sure it's because of Ramadan where Muslims have to fast for a long period of time. It's impossible to train. This came up in previous years with his fight scheduling.
Yes, but Ramadan will end mid-June. I agree with the sentiment that he should be fightng sooner than Nov/Dec. September or October seems like a perfectly reasonable return date. Huge Khabib fan but disappointed that he plans to take so much time off. I guess its still better than not defending at all...

Meanwhile Tyrun has a boo boo on his shoulder. Mighty Mouse is refusing to fight a challenger. GSP has "colitis"

Yea but tyron won the belt the fought 3 straight #1 contenders----all within one calendar year.

That's impressive.

Crazy isn't it

The same idiots who thrashed Conor for not fighting at the snap of their fingers, are now silent on Khabib planning to be just as inactive

Except WHAT is Kahbib's excuse?
Conor was busy actually fighting and making 100million in a boxing ring. That made sense. What does Khabib need all this time off for?
And this is what fucks me off with the UFC. There's absolutely no reason why Khabib should be out of action till Nov/Dec. Pathetic, really.

Dude, he was preparing for an absolute war with Tony Ferguson, instead he got an easy opponent who had 1 day to prepare. He danced around him and threw him about for 25 minutes, barely even took a punch.

Cannot understand how it would take you 6 months to defend your title off the back of that.

Woodley defended his 3 months after winning it from Lawler.

Miocic defended his 4 months after winning it from Werdum.

With all that said, Khabib won it April 7th, not defending it until let's say mid-October or November will be 6 or 7 months.
Not to mention that he or whoever he’s scheduled to fight will pull out, almost guaranteed the way his scheduled fights go.

Then the UFC can create another interim title tag and on and on we go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back