Khabib eyes November/December return, says he'll defend against anyone in the top 5

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
Hmm, do some research brother. The average time between winning the belt and having that 1st title defense of all the past champions. Make a thread. Ill give u a like then
Dude, he was preparing for an absolute war with Tony Ferguson, instead he got an easy opponent who had 1 day to prepare. He danced around him and threw him about for 25 minutes, barely even took a punch.

Cannot understand how it would take you 6 months to defend your title off the back of that.

Woodley defended his 3 months after winning it from Lawler.

Miocic defended his 4 months after winning it from Werdum.

With all that said, Khabib won it April 7th, not defending it until let's say mid-October or November will be 6 or 7 months.

Keep living in a fabricated fantasy world. I can see why you're a conor fan.

Truth is Khabib fought, became champ, and plans publicly his next title defense, while conor would rather be tortured medieval style than be in a closed cage with him and never ever said the words "defend my title" like it would kill him
Planing publicly? He actually has to show up!

Taking 8 months off between title defenses of a belt he won by not even finishing the #11 ranked fighter?

Biggest paper champion in the UFC.

You guys are really complaining about this ? Seriously ?

If Khabib returns in november/decembrer he would have fought 3 times in one year, and waited 7 months after winning the title to defend.

Do you know a lot of champions that defend every 3 months ? Like Conor right ?

It's fucking April 2018 and he's practically talking 2019.

LW is crazy stacked. I'd love for him to fight Conor but if that doesn't happen then I think Lee would pose the biggest challenge grappling wise while Tony recovers from his injury. Alvarez and Poirier should rematch imo.

Remind me why he needs to take 6 whole months off after just winning the title?

He had a fight where he took zero damage, yet needs 6 months off?

Khabib, please don't turn into one of those champions.
Holiday, train to improve overall, train to get read for next fight, 2 months for each adds up. It's not ideal for fans but it's his life.

Stipe won his title in mid-May, defended early September. Khabib won in early April, talking about Nov/Dec like it's a good thing, and translate this to at least March because there will surely be either "injuries" or negotiations. You will not see him fight in 2018 again unless it's Conor, get real people.

November sounds reasonable. Though October sounds even better. December would be a little disappointing tbh.

A true champ fights the man they put in front of him. So he has that part right, and good for him. You need to defend at least a handful of times before even thinking about asking for a specific opponent if you ask me.

November/ December? has he undergone a operation or something?
Crazy isn't it

The same idiots who thrashed Conor for not fighting at the snap of their fingers, are now silent on Khabib planning to be just as inactive

Except WHAT is Kahbib's excuse?
Conor was busy actually fighting and making 100million in a boxing ring. That made sense. What does Khabib need all this time off for?

hey dude just won the most competitive belt in the 155 division
Are you trolling? Won a FAKE belt against #11

Khabib is the biggest fraud "champ" in history

Conor actually beat the true champion to win the real belt

Thats called being a real champion.
well lets see when he is going to fight again. It would not be the first time pulling out of a fight, hurting himself.
Ist good that he says that he wants to defend and so, but lets see when will that be.

that's what a champion should do. very different from irish ducks

and ducked contenders forever after lol

well lets see when he is going to fight again. It would not be the first time pulling out of a fight, hurting himself.
Ist good that he says that he wants to defend and so, but lets see when will that be.

That's fair.

Hopefully he can get his mandatory 3 AKA training injuries in between now and then and he actually makes it
back into the cage again this year

Shout out to khabi. He asked where Conor was before his last fight and when Conor showed up this was his reaction.

tenor.gif
Of course Conor showed up after Khabib had already signed to fight somebody else. Go figure.

And how could anybody win the belt against Connor if he never defends ? Scrap the LW division ? Because we all know that Connor won't defend. He has had 4 belts and never defended once, he is a serial duck.

That's fair.
Im more interested in Max - Ortega - Zabit
Rooting for Max, but all of them are beasts and i can await to see them fight again!
What do you think, who should Zabit fight after beating Yair, Jeremy, Chang Sung Jung, or Edgar?
So many good fights!

Taking 8 months off between title defenses of a belt he won by not even finishing the #11 ranked fighter?

Biggest paper champion in the UFC.
Only a Conor fan would fucking say something stupid like that.

Back