Keystone pipeline leaks 210K gallons of oil in South Dakota

I'm pushing 200. You just defined it as shared property. The tenants can't work with the ownership to put solar on a roof? The tenants can't select apartment units that use solar panels? Where's your innovation? If their were a confederate flag on the roof, the place when be empty after the current leases expire. Market solar to libs to attract them to the units. By the way, I was raising money in the 1980's. I've set-up over 75 corporate entities. Don't preach to me.

You have displayed surprisingly little understanding about so many in the maybe 6 comments i sincerely doubt you are even in your late teens.

Lets just look at this gem "The tenants can't work with the ownership".

This would have sfa to do with tenants, its totally on the owners.

It would require agreement between the body corporate which while possible is like herding cats on even simple low cost matters. Let alone long term non essential further investment.

Lastly you clearly haven't seen the roof of a large building if you think its empty unused space.

I said nothing about that. You are trying to change the issue. I'm talking about libs spouting global warming doomsday but they can help with the very issue that they yap about. But they do nothing.

You could see a solar panel on my roof if I had one, the same way that you could see the green political sign in the driveway, if I had one.

I just gave a clear examples of what i do and many others are doing???

Does you house run on perpetual motion because you don't have a visible generation unit?

My house has zero external signs of running on clean renewables yet it does.
Do you really think that is not possible????

Please answer that as you keep repeating that it doesn't exist because you can't see it at a cursory glance.

I said nothing about that. You are trying to change the issue. I'm talking about libs spouting global warming doomsday but they can help with the very issue that they yap about. But they do nothing.

You could see a solar panel on my roof if I had one, the same way that you could see the green political sign in the driveway, if I had one.

If i was north of your house? You think I could see the panels on the south side?

Thats purely a cost efficiency and supply security advantage. Its also sounds like tech thats been around since well electricity.

Further it seems like an inefficient use of wood and that by product will eventually be used for things like paper and plain ole wood chips etc.

I can see why environmentalists don't like it but i bet investors have no greater love for it either.
I just gave a clear examples of what i do and many others are doing???

Does you house run on perpetual motion because you don't have a visible generation unit?

My house has zero external signs of running on clean renewables yet it does.
Do you really think that is not possible????

Please answer that as you keep repeating that it doesn't exist because you can't see it at a cursory glance.

I'm not talking about you or places in the US where generation/ transmission of renewables is in place. I'm talking about places, like the 20 mile stretch that I drove, where 100% renewable energy in a collective fashion does not exist. If you read my post again, you may note that I used a specific example in my area.

Well genius, the chipped wood originated on paper company land - you have it totally inside out.

Not a genius i just know what I am talking about.

Paper and wood chip will become more valuable than small scale, high carbon emitting, low grade fuel. This is simple fact.
While there is no price on pollution many companies get rid of waste by burning it (massive issue in india). I will bet the economics of this being used as fuel is largely an attempt to offset the cost of waste.

While you can turn expensive waste into free pollution i am not surprised companies chose to do that.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about you or places in the US where generation/ transmission of renewables is in place. I'm talking about places, like the 20 mile stretch that I drove, where 100% renewable energy in a collective fashion does not exist. If you read my post again, you may note that I used a specific example in my area.

Every big energy provider offers zero carbon supply.

Name a major supplier in the area and ill show you their zero carbon option?

Let me guess you have no fucking clue where their energy comes from despite your supreme confidence it is not clean renewable.

Sometimes things you can't see do actually exist!!

If i was north of your house? You think I could see the panels on the south side?

I have appraised residential houses professionally in the past. One of the requirements in a report concerns the heating / utilities of subject and comparable properties, and also what is common for the subject area. On that stretch, in 2006 and 2007 I appraised less than 200 but more than 50 homes. As of 2007, there were 0 homes with solar panels on the roof. I drive that route at a minimum weekly. I've never seen an installation. Since 2007, I've used Multiple List Services where you search the entire database of properties for sale. I didn't see any. For others reading this, an appraiser must make adjustments in the value of a property based on a number of factors; to determine the amount of adjustments, the appraiser must use samples from the subject area. Also, I was in the office of three of four towns involved in the route within the last two months. If there is a house with a solar panel - it is literally one. Lot's of satellite tv dishes though.

I spoke to a friend who is an assessor for a nearby town, not on the route, of about 7,000 people. I mentioned this to him. In a similar town to two of the town's on the route, he believed that there were less than five residential properties will solar panels.

I have appraised residential houses professionally in the past. One of the requirements in a report concerns the heating / utilities of subject and comparable properties, and also what is common for the subject area. On that stretch, in 2006 and 2007 I appraised less than 200 but more than 50 homes. As of 2007, there were 0 homes with solar panels on the roof. I drive that route at a minimum weekly. I've never seen an installation. Since 2007, I've used Multiple List Services where you search the entire database of properties for sale. I didn't see any. For others reading this, an appraiser must make adjustments in the value of a property based on a number of factors; to determine the amount of adjustments, the appraiser must use samples from the subject area. Also, I was in the office of three of four towns involved in the route within the last two months. If there is a house with a solar panel - it is literally one. Lot's of satellite tv dishes though.

I spoke to a friend who is an assessor for a nearby town, not on the route, of about 7,000 people. I mentioned this to him. In a similar town to two of the town's on the route, he believed that there were less than five residential properties will solar panels.

And my house would be no different yet it runs on renewable power, how are you still failing to understand this?

I bet none of those had coal or gas fired plants on them either.

Every big energy provider offers zero carbon supply.

Name a major supplier in the area and ill show you their zero carbon option?

Let me guess you have no fucking clue where their energy comes from despite your supreme confidence it is not clean renewable.

Sometimes things you can't see do actually exist!!

Standard Offer Service for Central Maine Power is 67% TransCanada Power Marketing and 33% NextEra Energy Marking LLC. The target renewable rate is 30%.

When you find the 100% renewable supplier, tell me their market share.

You have displayed surprisingly little understanding about so many in the maybe 6 comments i sincerely doubt you are even in your late teens.

Lastly you clearly haven't seen the roof of a large building if you think its empty unused space.

There are no large residential buildings on the route. The largest may be a four or five unit. The problem is that you are such a clown that you think you know more about a group of homes, that you probably have never seen (until the last post you probably didn't even know the state) than someone who has driven that route 150 to 200 times a year for 38 years. That's how arrogant you are.

There are no large residential buildings on the route. The largest may be a four or five unit. The problem is that you are such a clown that you think you know more about a group of homes, that you probably have never seen (until the last post you probably didn't even know the state) than someone who has driven that route 150 to 200 times a year for 38 years. That's how arrogant you are.

38 years is how long that I've had a driver's license.

I'd rather clean up oil than clean up after the "environmentalists" and protesters that left mountains of garbage and rivers of sewage behind at the Dakota pipeline protests.

Disgusting.

When you find the 100% renewable supplier, tell me their market share.

Its an option from any supplier. AN OPTION!!!@@

For instance Duke Energy is one of the buyers from the projects i was talking about earlier. Big enough?

I'd rather clean up oil than clean up after the "environmentalists" and protesters that left mountains of garbage and rivers of sewage behind at the Dakota pipeline protests.

Disgusting.

You anti environmentals are a whacky bunch.

How many had gas or coal plants?

If no power plant how can they get electricity in your mind?

Here is something that will blow your tiny little mind. Just because a house has solar panels doesn't mean it uses solar at all.

As ive said numerous times stop pretending you aren't woefully ill equipped to discuss this. You know nothing and its really fucking clear.

Its an option from any supplier. AN OPTION!!!@@

For instance Duke Energy is one of the buyers from the projects i was talking about earlier. Big enough?
Does Duke Energy supply my area? - No. This is my supplier:
Standard Offer Service for Central Maine Power is 67% TransCanada Power Marketing and 33% NextEra Energy Marking LLC. The target renewable rate is 30%.

Well I'm talking about sensors that can tell how much oil is flowing through the pipe. I don't know what "leak detection systems" they have in place, but anything worth shit won't miss 19 out of 20 leaks. Unless we're talking about a drip which obviously won't be detected when we're dealing with millions of gallons of oil or however much.

They don't want to lose oil. They don't want the publicity of a big oil spill. I'm sure they have a way of knowing instantly if there's a significant leak. Not to mention I'm sure the EPA would require that. They obviously caught this recent leak right away.

The keystone pipeline stretches a mile across my property & there's an old pipeline that's been there for like 30+ years & has never leaked. It is a concern of mine, but I'd like to believe they know what they're doing.

Back