Keystone pipeline leaks 210K gallons of oil in South Dakota

I was mistaken about which pipeline this leak is from but the rest of my post stands. I don't think its up to the protesters to present the alternative if they have reasonable concerns which I think this leak shows they did.
I don't even really disagree with you. It seems big money doesn't gaf about doing any harm... Unless they get caught.

Lmao @ trying to minimize this. As someone that has specifically cleaned up oil spills in the Dakota oil fields you have no idea what you're talking about. Crude oil is an absolute fucking mess. A single barrel is an absolute disaster to clean up. 18 tankers full is a metric fuck ton of oil to leak and clean up.

His obfuscation for oil companies is odd. Oil can be diluted with water at such a part per part ratio it seems insane, and yet is still a fucking mess. Just imagine spilling one barrel onto an average American lawn. Their lawn is fuuuuuuucked. Scooping the shit up best you can is nowhere near enough. Now, scale that out to this example, and it's fucking massive.

He seems to be angry that we record oil spills by the gallon, seemingly not knowing that when spills happen, the amount is usually measured in gallons, and has been for a long time. But nope, The media is trying to destroy Trump, with the ole per gallon trick, I tell ya!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure if we should start a new thread on it but Nebraska just green lit the Keystone XL pipeline -- the last major regulatory hurdle to the protect.

Last November, I drove a 20 mile route to the airport, I noticed dozens of green colored political candidate law signs along the route but not one house with solar panels on the roof. All talk, no action.

Ya don't really care.

No one cared when the oil train derailed, because it when Obama was in office.

And this didn't even make the news.

The biggest travesty, is that 210k gallons of oil was wasted.

Well, nuclear bombs do go off in one place.

Keep being whiney bitches to give the rest of us something to laugh at.

This isn't a right/left issue, its a sane/whineybitch issue.

No use crying over spilt oil.

Why are you complaining about people being upset that a small part of America was just destroyed? Its not like a nuclear bomb went off.

Last November, I drove a 20 mile route to the airport, I noticed dozens of green colored political candidate law signs along the route but not one house with solar panels on the roof. All talk, no action.

Not every house is suitable. And of course people try to put them where least visible.

Mine doesn't have any oanels yet i get renewable power from my supplier.

Just because a house doesn't have panels doesn't mean its not on renewables. Do you have a coal fired plant in your front yard?

Do you use motor oil for lube when taking it from the oil exec paying you to make that post?
Just because it sounds bad doesn't mean it is...and I bet you're not even from South Dakota. Just one of those snowflakes who like to share snowflake sentiments....like how teenage girls do....
maxresdefault.jpg

Not every house is suitable. And of course people try to put them where least visible.

Mine doesn't have any oanels yet i get renewable power from my supplier.

Just because a house doesn't have panels doesn't mean its not on renewables. Do you have a coal fired plant in your front yard?

The renewables in my region are largely wood (hated by environmentalists) and wind (hated by environmentalists.) In the last forty years, I've noticed a trend. Environmentalists oppose whatever is actually happening with an ideal renewable but when that renewable becomes a reality they oppose that too. The one exception is solar. "Not every house is suitable." If you have a roof, you can have solar. The issue is libs don't want to make the necessary financial investment. All talk, no action.

The renewables in my region are largely wood (hated by environmentalists) and wind (hated by environmentalists.) In the last forty years, I've noticed a trend. Environmentalists oppose whatever is actually happening with an ideal renewable but when that renewable becomes a reality they oppose that too. The one exception is solar. "Not every house is suitable." If you have a roof, you can have solar. The issue is libs don't want to make the necessary financial investment. All talk, no action.

Considering on Friday i will be placing about 5 million of our clients funds into a fund which is developing about 20 US based solar farms i don't believe you on all talk no action. Its true not all of those clients are greenies but most are.

If you know fuck all about it just say it dont just allude to it with comments like "if you have a roof you can have solar". As a quick way to prove the plainly false, do apartments have roofs?

We also have heaps of greenies invested in wind. Some may not like it but the vast majority do. Hell we have a client who has ethical objections to hearing implants, it would be silly to assume thats common.

Now this wood renewables is not something I have ever looked at so tell me more. I presume its going to be a carbon emitter so not as future proof as other other forms of renewables.

And finally i should have been clearer i meant "zero carbon emission renewables" when i said "renewables".

If you know fuck all about it just say it dont just allude to it with comments like "if you have a roof you can have solar". As a quick way to prove the plainly false, do apartments have roofs?
Apartments have roofs. You can put a solar panel on it. Plainly not false.

Now this wood renewables is not something I have ever looked at so tell me more. I presume its going to be a carbon emitter so not as future proof as other other forms of renewables.
When trees are harvested, there is a significant amount of waste from branches, etc. That wood can be chipped and used to generate electricity. I've seen similar plants using almond shells.

Apartments have roofs. You can put a solar panel on it. Plainly not false.

So you think you can just unilaterally set up solar panels on shared property do you?

Don't need agreement of the strata committee?

How old are you to have such a poor understanding of the world?

Considering on Friday i will be placing about 5 million of our clients funds into a fund which is developing about 20 US based solar farms i don't believe you on all talk no action. Its true not all of those clients are greenies but most are.
As I originally said, lots of green political signs - not a single solar panel. No wind either for that matter.

When trees are harvested, there is a significant amount of waste from branches, etc. That wood can be chipped and used to generate electricity. I've seen similar plants using almond shells.

Thats purely a cost efficiency and supply security advantage. Its also sounds like tech thats been around since well electricity.

Further it seems like an inefficient use of wood and that by product will eventually be used for things like paper and plain ole wood chips etc.

I can see why environmentalists don't like it but i bet investors have no greater love for it either.

As I originally said, lots of green political signs - not a single solar panel. No wind either for that matter.

No wind turbine means no wind power in your opinion?
Can i see a coal or gas plant when looking at your house?

So you think you can just unilaterally set up solar panels on shared property do you?

Don't need agreement of the strata committee?

How old are you to have such a poor understanding of the world?
I'm pushing 200. You just defined it as shared property. The tenants can't work with the ownership to put solar on a roof? The tenants can't select apartment units that use solar panels? Where's your innovation? If their were a confederate flag on the roof, the place when be empty after the current leases expire. Market solar to libs to attract them to the units. By the way, I was raising money in the 1980's. I've set-up over 75 corporate entities. Don't preach to me.

Further it seems like an inefficient use of wood and that by product will eventually be used for things like paper and plain ole wood chips etc.
Well genius, the chipped wood originated on paper company land - you have it totally inside out.

No wind turbine means no wind power in your opinion?
Can i see a coal or gas plant when looking at your house?
I said nothing about that. You are trying to change the issue. I'm talking about libs spouting global warming doomsday but they can help with the very issue that they yap about. But they do nothing.

You could see a solar panel on my roof if I had one, the same way that you could see the green political sign in the driveway, if I had one.

Back