Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Ah, I see. Barbara Livingston is awesome. Love her Man O' War book. Now that was a race hoss.

You guys see Baffert's next big horse that debuted today? I love the way this colt covers ground. They are awfully young now tho and lots can happen between now and Derby time, but you'd have to think Baffert has a nice shot. No way Mike Smith is on top of a maiden horse unless they are dang good. Chances are, if you got an elite TC horse, you are going to Baffert, just like Winstar did.

Also, Looch was back in the news today. The guy is legendary.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/n...quit_ownership_after_outpouring_of_suport_123

What a shame all the mom and pop owners are being pushed out. There used to be a time when regular people would invest in race horses above stocks and it was the most popular sport in the country. My grandma invested in a mare in the late 60's and my great grandfather had two trotters in the 30's and 40's. Now it is such an elite club with so many peculiarities and red tape. I'll be pulling for Dalmore at the Whitney but I'm afraid he does not have a shot.

Yeah, I saw Roadster's debut, bud. He looked okay. I was more impressed with what he showed in his mind than his body actually. Drawing way inside like that can be tough for a horse making it's debut, but he handled that very well. He also shut off very nicely once he did get the position the jock wanted for him. He angled out on cue as well. Good mind on him. With his mediocre stride length, fairly high head carriage, and with a knee action a little higher than I'd like to see I'm not sure I see a horse who will excel at route distances, though. But we'll see since that was only his first race.

And you're probably right about Dalmore. Yeah, he's screwed with a couple of other speeds in the race. But I'm hoping him being entered in the race can still help me cash a nice bet on that race, though, because I really want to play against Diversify in that spot as the heavy favourite. These "mom and pop" type owners still exists, though. But they basically keep to the lower levels of racing for the most part and you'll rarely see them in the big G1 races like the Whitney. Off the top of my head I'm not sure I know of another owner who plays at all levels like Looch does, though.

I'm going to try our old buddy, Good Samaritan (12/1 ML), in the G1 Whitney coming up in just over an hour.

I haven't been able to access the Brisnet PP's today from our regular place, although when I did the numbers for this race a couple of days ago I had him ranked 3rd behind both Mind Your Biscuits and Diversify. He was a clear enough 3rd as well (11.2 points ahead of Tapwrit who's 4th) Just think there are a few reasons to take a shot against the two favourites with Diversify having a regressive pattern with a big effort in his last race, and then hopefully the presence of Dalmore and/or Backyard Heaven ensure Diversify has early company on the front end. Mind Your Biscuits has never raced 9F before, has never been around two turns in a race, and over the last 2 years his 3 worst races have came over this Saratoga track. They are the two best horses in the race, and odds are pretty good that that one of them wins. Just don't think those odds are 7/5 or 2/1 which is what they are on the morning lines, so worth taking a shot against.

Good Samaritan is coming into this race with a nice pattern, and having paired up his last two races. He likes this distance having won two of his three starts at it, while finishing a half length back in his other one. His three best races races figure-wise have come at 9F. Saratoga is his home track and either his best, or 2nd best race of his career came over it last year in the Jim Dandy. His jockey for this race, Jose Ortiz, chose him over Tapwrit which is interesting since he's been on Tapwrit for that horse's last 8 races. Good Samaritan also has the best late pace numbers in the race as well should things heat up on the front end early between 2 or 3 horses. There's a couple of other positives as well that I'd be able to point out if I could access the PP's, but that's a few. There's some negatives too of course with him being a closer who's pace dependent and him coming off a race that wasn't impressive at all in the Met Mile. But he's not a one turn horse who could ever keep in striking distance of a 45 second pace to the half mile like he saw in that race, so maybe he deserves a bit of an excuse. I guess you can do that when a horse may be 12/1.

So yeah, I'll try Good Samaritan to win/place for $10/$20 I do believe. I'm also thinking about keying him in the 2nd spot in a pair of $5 exactas under Mind Your Biscuits and Diversify since my numbers do have those as the two horses to beat (by 27 and 19 points over Good Samaritan). A bit of a 'just in case' defensive play there with the value underneath, and hoping at least one of them don't run there good race.

I'm going to try our old buddy, Good Samaritan (12/1 ML), in the G1 Whitney coming up in just over an hour.

I haven't been able to access the Brisnet PP's today from our regular place, although when I did the numbers for this race a couple of days ago I had him ranked 3rd behind both Mind Your Biscuits and Diversify. He was a clear enough 3rd as well (11.2 points ahead of Tapwrit who's 4th) Just think there are a few reasons to take a shot against the two favourites with Diversify having a regressive pattern with a big effort in his last race, and then hopefully the presence of Dalmore and/or Backyard Heaven ensure Diversify has early company on the front end. Mind Your Biscuits has never raced 9F before, has never been around two turns in a race, and over the last 2 years his 3 worst races have came over this Saratoga track. They are the two best horses in the race, and odds are pretty good that that one of them wins. Just don't think those odds are 7/5 or 2/1 which is what they are on the morning lines, so worth taking a shot against.

Good Samaritan is coming into this race with a nice pattern, and having paired up his last two races. He likes this distance having won two of his three starts at it, while finishing a half length back in his other one. His three best races races figure-wise have come at 9F. Saratoga is his home track and either his best, or 2nd best race of his career came over it last year in the Jim Dandy. His jockey for this race, Jose Ortiz, chose him over Tapwrit which is interesting since he's been on Tapwrit for that horse's last 8 races. Good Samaritan also has the best late pace numbers in the race as well should things heat up on the front end early between 2 or 3 horses. There's a couple of other positives as well that I'd be able to point out if I could access the PP's, but that's a few. There's some negatives too of course with him being a closer who's pace dependent and him coming off a race that wasn't impressive at all in the Met Mile. But he's not a one turn horse who could ever keep in striking distance of a 45 second pace to the half mile like he saw in that race, so maybe he deserves a bit of an excuse. I guess you can do that when a horse may be 12/1.

So yeah, I'll try Good Samaritan to win/place for $10/$20 I do believe. I'm also thinking about keying him in the 2nd spot in a pair of $5 exactas under Mind Your Biscuits and Diversify since my numbers do have those as the two horses to beat (by 27 and 19 points over Good Samaritan). A bit of a 'just in case' defensive play there with the value underneath, and hoping at least one of them don't run there good race.

Perfect timing Shark. I’m at Saratoga right now. I’ll be tailing your plays for sure. Thanks bud!

Perfect timing Shark. I’m at Saratoga right now. I’ll be tailing your plays for sure. Thanks bud!

Best of luck, T, and I hope you're having a great time out there. Not crazy about the 4/1 odds currently, but Good Samaritan should drift up some from that although anything close to 12/1 is a pipe dream.

@t6p

I'm just playing the win bet on Good Samaritan ($20) and then the two exactas with him keyed in 2nd ($10 each). Not seeing the value in a place bet unless a longshot wins, which I think is unlikely.

@t6p

I'm just playing the win bet on Good Samaritan ($20) and then the two exactas with him keyed in 2nd ($10 each). Not seeing the value in a place bet unless a longshot wins, which I think is unlikely.

It’s fucking pouring rain out of nowhere here. Hope they can get this in soon.

Well, with Good Samaritan's turf background I kinda was hoping the track would be a little wet at least. But that's more than enough thank you. This delay has been plenty long as is.

It’s fucking pouring rain out of nowhere here. Hope they can get this in soon.

Haha. Yeah, I saw that T. Looks like it's let up, so we should be good to go soon.

Diversify vs Accelerate in the BC Classic!

Wow, how exciting. :rolleyes:

GULFSTREAM PARK
RACE 6
#7 First Goal

This horse is the speed of the race. The favorite is in the #3 hole, and may challenge in this sprint.

GULFSTREAM PARK
RACE 7
#1 Jagr

This horse has a decent shot at this race. I am looking for it to make a good showing, and at least hit the board. 7/2 odds or better.

GULFSTREAM PARK
RACE 6
#7 First Goal

This horse is the speed of the race. The favorite is in the #3 hole, and may challenge in this sprint.

GULFSTREAM PARK
RACE 7
#1 Jagr

This horse has a decent shot at this race. I am looking for it to make a good showing, and at least hit the board. 7/2 odds or better.

Tough one in race 6, BP. I bet that exact same horse last month and the same thing happened to me with it. Outside speed that crossed over on the field and got the lead, opened up a little around the turn but faded late because it went way too fast to the half mile.

Cheers for the message you just left @ImNotSurpisedDonks! Not sure where (or how) to respond to it being the computer retard that I am, so just letting you know here that I saw it and am now seriously questioning your judgement. Nah, just kidding. Well sorta.

On an unrelated note, this site I've been using for PP's for the past number of months has been of no use for at least a week now.

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html

Perhaps Brisnet found out, got upset about it, and cut them off. Not sure. It would be strange if they did since those very same PP's have been accessible for years now on other sites, although without the convenience of them being in order like that site there did.

@t6p

Out of curiousity, is that site refusing you access to the PP's as well?

Nevermind @t6p

I found an easy workaround after accessing the PP's via another site and noticing the address was the same on each. All I did was highlight the address in blue and clicked enter and there they are. Oh shush. I know I'm a complete computer moron already.

P.S. Now it's time for some capping of tomorrow's races. Yes it is.

Nevermind @t6p

I found an easy workaround after accessing the PP's via another site and noticing the address was the same on each. All I did was highlight the address in blue and clicked enter and there they are. Oh shush. I know I'm a complete computer moron already.

Not too shabby for a “computer moron” bud.

Not too shabby for a “computer moron” bud.

...and it only took me a week to figure out, T.

I'm going to try a race coming up at Emerald Downs in a half hour from now if you want to play along;

==========

Race 5 at Emerald Downs;

1- 372.1 *
2- 347.7
3- 351.0
4- 374.1 *
5- 371.0
6- 346.9
7- 383.9
8- 408.3 ***
9- 407.9 ***

==========

Thinking about playing it; #8, #9 / #1, #4, #8, #9 / #1, #4, #8, #9 in exactas and tris. Just playing those small for $4 and $2.

I have the #7 horse ranked 3rd, but I'd like to beat him out completely since he's an early speed type in a race with a lot of early speed on paper, and he'll be one of the favourites based on his 4/1 morning line. The #5 is also pretty short on the morning line at 9/2, and he looks like a straight need the lead type who's terrible without it, so he's also a play against despite being right there with the #1 and #4 on the numbers.

I'm going to win bet either the #8 or #9 as well depending on the price. I prefer the #8 by a little bit, though, based on his adaptability and pattern. The #1 and the #4 should be off the pace early, so they may come running late and picking up some pieces. The #4 is 15/1 on the morning line, so that obviously would be the ideal one to hit the board.

The #5 and #7 are getting the early money at 9/5 and 5/2 respectively. Nice. That won't stay based on the multi-race payouts, but it's still good to see that they're taking money.

The #1 wins at 9/1 and the #4 finishes 2nd at 23/1 after the pace fell apart late. Makes for a 150/1 exacta for the lucky few that had it.

Back