Kelvin Gastelum: I don’t think I’d accept any other fight than the title shot

I hate this shit. Let him sit on the shelf for a couple years with no pay check and he will be asking for a fight

Middleweight is looking sad as fuck these days. I always laughed when people called the division stacked. Outside of the top 5, there's a huge drop off in competition. Most of the top 10 are on their way out of the sport, too.
185 and up is terrible. Whittaker/Romero/Gastelum are the only ones worthwhile anymore at MW and LHW/HW have never looked worse. USADA I tell ya

He should fight Weidman again. If he wins, give him the TS.

That or he can go back to WW and fight Woodley. They had a close fight, IIRC.

So he's not good?
6-1 in the UFC with the only loss being against Edgar, that's pretty good.

Yeah he was cut though, so he couldn't make the grade in the end.

I guess people can't get better. The dude is young, showed potential and not even in his prime yet.

Never said he couldn't get better. Just saying that there is a clear difference between a prospect and a guy who is in the top 5 of the most stacked division.

how does going to the decision with the current champion make someone mediocre?

You can see what you want but he has absolutely nothing exceptional except perhaps his chin.

He is below average on many metrics. He is flat footed, slow, has poor balance and moves awkwardly.

This is why cards get watered down fighters holding out until they get what they feel entitled for. Weidman best you so if he’s healthy I think he needs that win in a rematch to solidify his ts.

Guess what, bad hombre?

Chris Weidman whooped your ass. Where's his title shot?

Guess what, bad hombre?

Weidman is 1-3 in his last 4. His 3 loses were all devastating knock outs. Weidman is in a hole somewhere hiding still. At the point he fought kelvin, kelvin wasn't ranked as high as he is now. MMAmath doesn't get you a title shot. Weidman should fight jacare at this point

You can see what you want but he has absolutely nothing exceptional except perhaps his chin.

He is below average on many metrics. He is flat footed, slow, has poor balance and moves awkwardly.
he's not slow at all and he's very skilled.
MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

He lost to Weidman and hasn't fought Romero or Rockhold. Know your place and get in line.

1. Robert Whittaker (19-4) – champ, fighting romero at ufc 225
2. Yoel Romero (13-2) – fighting for belt at ufc 225
3. Georges St. Pierre (26-2) – dropping to lw???
4. Luke Rockhold (16-4)- lost to romero in title eliminator in feb, also lost to kelvin dec 2016, moving to lhw???
5. Ronaldo Souza (25-5) – just lost to kelvin
6. Kelvin Gastelum (15-3) – 2 fight win streak, lost to Weidman last year
7. Michael Bisping (30-9) – 2 fight losing streak, lost to kelvin, retiring soon
8. Gegard Mousasi (43-6-2) – fights for bellator
9. Chris Weidman (14-3) – beat kelvin in July 2017, 1 fight win streak after losing 3 in a row
10. David Branch (21-4) 1 fight win streak, just lost to rockhold

Sad state of affairs, cant really say that anyone deserves a title shot

Gsp/bisping and whittaker’s injury ruined the division

He lost to Weidman and hasn't fought Romero or Rockhold. Know your place and get in line.
Romero is fighting for the title.
Rockhold announced his next fight will be at 205.

Before you tell someone to "Know your place" you should "know what you're talking about"

Guess what, bad hombre?

Weidman just had thumb surgery, he wont be able to train for 3-4 months. How are you going to give injured fighters a title shot when they cant fight until October?

I’m all for new match-ups for the title, but Gastellum is being a little presumptious here.

Back