Kelvin Gastelum: I don’t think I’d accept any other fight than the title shot

I'm a Kelvin fan

But it seems glaringly obvious that Yoel should get the shot

Kelvin should have to beat Weidman or Luke first

Weidman just had thumb surgery, he wont be able to train for 3-4 months. How are you going to give injured fighters a title shot when they cant fight until October?
It's very possible. He is already the number 1 middleweight in the world and top 3 p4p.

I'm a Kelvin fan

Yoel already has a title shot in June.Kelvin thinks he should fight the winner. This isn't that difficult

Let's wait and see what happens

I don't think a fight is happening until they've weighed in

Your entire argument in this thread is awful. You think Kelvin should have to beat Weidman or Luke to get a title shot. Weidman has 1 win since 2015, and can't even train for 3-4 months. Luke is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, getting brutally finished in both losses and he moved to LHW. Then you argue Yoel should get the title fight, not Kelvin - when Yoel is already booked to fight for the title in a couple of weeks - and Kelvin is asking for the winner.

<{clintugh}>

Though I thought Jacare won the fight, I think Gastelum has earned the TS with this win.

It's simple. If Yoel wins Robert gets the trilogy fight, if Rob wins Gastelum gets the shot.

Close this thread.

If they give it to Weidman, Kelvin could just wait, be inactive, and take the shot after that.
Problem is, it might take 2 years.

Kelvin inactive for 2 years = parade float by Thanksgiving of 2019.

Your entire argument in this thread is awful. You think Kelvin should have to beat Weidman or Luke to get a title shot. Weidman has 1 win since 2015, and can't even train for 3-4 months. Luke is 1-2 in his last 3 fights, getting brutally finished in both losses and he moved to LHW. Then you argue Yoel should get the title fight, not Kelvin - when Yoel is already booked to fight for the title in a couple of weeks - and Kelvin is asking for the winner.

<{clintugh}>

You're being obtuse,

I don't think waiting is his best bet

Romero is fighting for the title.
Rockhold announced his next fight will be at 205.

Before you tell someone to "Know your place" you should "know what you're talking about"
so he can fight the loser of Romero vs Whittaker then. he just fought, they are fighting soon, timing makes sense. why should he leapfrog either one? Seriously, do a little research before you spout off.

I mean, I guess he's next in line despite barely scraping by with a split decision vs an old as shit weathered Jacare. Romero is getting his rematch and both he and Jacare are ancient. Luke is moving up to 205lbs to fight Gustafsson. Weidman has been sidelined yet again by injuries and is 1-3 in his last 4 despite having a recent win over Gastelum. Bisping is ancient and on his way out too. You have a couple highly touted prospects in important fights with Adestana vs Tavares and Borrachinha vs Hall but they're far away from contendership still and largely unproven.

Middleweight is looking very far from stacked at the moment, it's a real disappointment the UFC let the Moose go.

Well...

I guess...

KARATE IS BACK BABY

I'm a Kelvin fan

Let him beat Branch. That is a solid opponent, and if GAst wins it, why not?

Yoel already has a title shot in June.Kelvin thinks he should fight the winner. This isn't that difficult
But it is. The UFC always adopts a wait and see strategy. Gastelum won't be penciled in early for next title shot without seeing what else happens in the MW division. Think about what Demian Maia had to do for Dana's stupid ass to finally say, "You got next". Gastelum is a rock solid contender but he should fight an opponent like David Branch next.

It would be nice to have an actual ranking system that was used

I think he would be sharp to take a low ranked fight to just stay fresh and make some easy money, promote his name.

Someone like Hall would be a sure win for him. Sitting and waiting is dumb. If Yoel wins a close decision we could see a trilogy.

Yoel also is 40 and might want to challange at LHW for an epic last run. I would if i was him. Shit i think Yoel could do well at HW

Back