Kelvin Gastelum: I don’t think I’d accept any other fight than the title shot

so he can fight the loser of Romero vs Whittaker then. he just fought, they are fighting soon, timing makes sense. why should he leapfrog either one? Seriously, do a little research before you spout off.
Are you retarded? Honest question.

He's not asking to jump ahead of anyone. He wants the winner of Yoel and Whittaker..

Man another log jam. It's always this way lately. Fans are tuning out because their favorite fighters are holding out for money or titleshots. I know I miss the fertittas who didn't take shit from fighters.

I do care about fighters, but as a fan, it's much better when the company calls the shots rather than the fighters. Our sport has too few good fighters for 1/2 to be sitting out.

Why would he get TS over Weidman he lost to recently?
Cause since 2016 Weidman is 1-3 while Kelvin is 5-1 (I don't count the NC due to weed)
No, a winner fighting a loser doesn't make sense.
Should the one most recent fight really negate previous ones?

Weidman had 1 win now, after 3 straight losses, to me that doesn't make him a big winner who necessarily must only fight other winners.

Jacare is the only one close to Weidman in the rankings that Chris hasn't already fought, so I think the fight makes sense.

Last edited:
why should he?

he has beat up jacare and got the decision, he knocked out the previous champ bisping, knocked out vitor whilst stoned and he knocked out kennedy.

he should definitely be next in line for the title shot and it would be ridiculous if he doesnt recieve it.

Wait what? He got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

Kelvin is on his way but definitely in no position to be refusing fights to get a title shot..

Wait what? He got finished by Weidman 2 fights ago.

Kelvin is on his way but definitely in no position to be refusing fights to get a title shot..
yeah, but as of late, fatty has a better track record compared to weidman.

kelvin beat jacare, bisping, lost to weidman, beat vitor and kennedy.

weidman has beaten gastelum, lost to moose, romero, rockhold.

so despite losing to weidman, i think he is in a better situation to get the shot considering he also beat the former champ.

Cause since 2016 Weidman is 1-3 while Kelvin is 5-1 (I don't count the NC due to weed)
Should the one most recent fight really negate previous ones?

Weidman had 1 win now, after 3 straight losses, to me that doesn't make him a big winner who necessarily must only fight other winners.

Jacare is the only one close to Weidman in the rankings that Chris hasn't already fought, so I think the fight makes sense.

Weidman is a big winner, beating someone who absolutely shines. They both are great fighters with great accomplishments and records don't mean anything on their own.

Jacare lost a fight, Weidman won. Gastelum too.
Weidman-Gastelum 2 willl be perfect #1 contender fight.

Fuck Weidman. The guy is delusional , has a false sense of entitlement and has a bang averga skillset.

I could've explained to you how Weidman beating Gastelum shows how actually good it is and how this fight makes sense, but no need to waste time on you.

You allow yourself to bash fighters, therefore your opinion is irrelevant and your blabbering is worth one half of a turd.

Last edited:
Let him beat Branch. That is a solid opponent, and if GAst wins it, why not?

Sure

I'm more for just staying active

Like how Conor took the Siver fight, even though it was a good matchup for him it's respectable that he stayed active

He is deserving of a title shot but please just fight if you're healthy and there are fights out there.

Why would he get TS over Weidman he lost to recently?

Primadonna.
Because Weidman is 1-3 in his last 4 fights including 3 brutal KO's. Add to that that he hasn't fought in a year.
No one deserves a title shot with that record.

I don't mind him getting a title shot but I doubt he's good enough to win against Yoel or Bobby.

Would be pretty shitty of either of em fights for the title next

I could've explained to you how Weidman beating Gastelum shows how actually good it is and how this fight makes sense, but no need to waste time on you.

You allow yourself to bash fighters, therefore your opinion is irrelevant and your blabbering is worth one half of a turd.
so why waste your time replying ?

Are you retarded? Honest question.

He's not asking to jump ahead of anyone. He wants the winner of Yoel and Whittaker..
yes, he wants the winner of Romero vs. Whittaker. He should get the loser of that bout, and if he wins, then he can get a title shot. It is pretty standard and not rocket science, yet you decide to label me retarded? Seriously, do research before you spout off.

yes, he wants the winner of Romero vs. Whittaker. He should get the loser of that bout, and if he wins, then he can get a title shot. It is pretty standard and not rocket science, yet you decide to label me retarded? Seriously, do research before you spout off.
"It's pretty standard"

except it's not.

And I never labeled you retarded, I asked if you were. Whittaker and Yoel fight in 18 days, but you think he's trying to make the argument that he should be fighting for the title instead of one of them. So I believe it is a fair question, he said he's not accepting anything other than a title fight - how do you read that and think "I should be fighting for the title instead of Whittaker or Yoel (because you implied he shouldn't leap frog either one...even though one is the champion...I hope you're keeping up)..

"It's standard to fight the loser of a title fight, to get the next title fight" - lets explore this shall we?
Whittaker fought Souza, Brunson Natal, Hall, Tavares, and Hester before getting a title fight with Yo - none of them ever fought for the title.
Bisping fought Dollaway, Leites, Anderson, and then Rockhold. None of those fights were against opponents who had lost a title fight in their previous fight.
Rockhold fought Philippou, Boetsch, Bisping, Machida and then Weidman. None of those fights were against opponents who had lost a title fight in their previous fight
Weidman fought 1 person who had ever fought for a UFC title before facing Anderson, and that was Maia. Maia had 4 fights after his title fight before facing Weidman

Are you seeing a trend yet?

Weidmans defenses were against Machida who fought Munoz and Mousasi for his title fight, neither fought for the title so Machida never fought the loser of a title fight to earn a tight fight. Belfort fought Bisping, Rockhold, and Henderson. Henderson being the only one at the time that had fought for a UFC title - and it sure as shit wasn't Dans last fight before Vitor.

Sure Bisping beat two former title contenders before getting his shot in Leites and Anderson, but they didn't lose their title fight and then Bisping beat them in their next fight for a title shot.

Take your own advice, do some god damn research.

Back