Kelly Pavlik: your assessment?

Apart from, you know, one being a basic stand-up one-two guy with limited punch selection who was massive for the weight, relied on draining down & outweighing his opponents in the ring, & the other being Gennady Golovkin.

Apart from that, identical.
Well, to be fair, I did forget that one of them was Golovkin.

<SelenaWow>

Golovkin is not that versatile. He throws the same combos over and over. Please don't tell me you're one of those "Golovkin lets himself be hit for the fans" types either.
Yeah, Pavlik had a good one-two and he used it a lot. That's what a tall rangy guy should do. But he also had a good uppercut, pretty good inside skills too. They fought with the same agenda, to stalk the opponent, cut down the ring and land their money punches. They even throw the same sorts of combos.

Apologies for being a jackass yesterday. Ive been taking some seriously strong meds, my bad.

And yeah seano, it was foo fighters. Somebody else famous must've been brawling at nickel back.

Anal and eggs.

better looking than surge

Pavlik_Martinez_weighin_100416_001a.jpg

Pavlik would have rolled over Williams. Williams was fortunate to avoid big punchers for most of his career. You cant have shitty defense like Williams had against a puncher like Pavlik.
At the time Williams moved up to 160 Pavlik was already self destructing & boozing too much. At that point in time Williams would have owned him. That's why Pavlik pathetically ducked the fight.

At the time Williams moved up to 160 Pavlik was already self destructing & boozing too much. At that point in time Williams would have owned him. That's why Pavlik pathetically ducked the fight.

Guys like Lara and Quintana pieced Paul up for large portions of their fights with him. Cintron was landing on him. Pavlik would have backed him up and beat him down at 160. Guy was as hittable as a pinata. Lol at Pavlik being afraid of anyone. Guy is a lot of things, he wasn't afraid of anyone let alone Paul Williams. I love Paul but he was hardly a bad match up for Pavlik or anyone Pavlik would "pathetically duck."

I can't think of a worse possible matchup for Williams over 154. Pavlik would have ended him.

Guys like Lara and Quintana pieced Paul up for large portions of their fights with him. Cintron was landing on him. Pavlik would have backed him up and beat him down at 160. Guy was as hittable as a pinata. Lol at Pavlik being afraid of anyone. Guy is a lot of things, he wasn't afraid of anyone let alone Paul Williams. I love Paul but he was hardly a bad match up for Pavlik or anyone Pavlik would "pathetically duck."

He pretended like he had a near death experience to get out of the fight. Something to do with a drug interaction or some shit. Then he tried to cherry pick a fight with Martinez (who had just lost to Williams) & it backfired when he lost. Pavlik wanted nothing to do with Paul. Pavlik was washed up at that time & even he knew it.

I can't think of a worse possible matchup for Williams over 154. Pavlik would have ended him.
You also picked Kelly to stop Martinez. How'd that turn out?

You also picked Kelly to stop Martinez. How'd that turn out?
I also picked Hopkins to dominate Pavlik when everyone else picked Pavlik. I know what Pavlik was capable of. You got any other argument besides me being wrong about an unrelated opponent? Probably not.

MArtinez at least tried to be hard to hit, Williams was a walking punching bag. Pavlik would have demolished him.

Apart from, you know, one being a basic stand-up one-two guy with limited punch selection who was massive for the weight, relied on draining down & outweighing his opponents in the ring, & the other being Gennady Golovkin.

Apart from that, identical.

Pavlik didn't really drain down that much to fight at MW. Even when he moved up to 170 to fight Hopkins, he only rehydrated to 174 pounds. He had a fairly big frame for the weight, but he wasn't a massive MW in terms of weight.

He pretended like he had a near death experience to get out of the fight. Something to do with a drug interaction or some shit. Then he tried to cherry pick a fight with Martinez (who had just lost to Williams) & it backfired when he lost. Pavlik wanted nothing to do with Paul. Pavlik was washed up at that time & even he knew it.

Why would anyone cherry pick Sergio Martinez in his prime? Cherry picking and Sergio Martinez shouldn't be in the same sentence. Come on, bruh.

MArtinez at least tried to be hard to hit, Williams was a walking punching bag. Pavlik would have demolished him.
Nah, at that point he was washed up& in rehab. He looked like shit for most of the Sergio fight & then looked like shit in his very next fight with Alfonso Lopez which he won by MD.

Williams was an ideal matchup for Pavlik. That's clear as day, man.

Nah, at that point he was washed up& in rehab. He looked like shit for most of the Sergio fight & then looked like shit in his very next fight with Alfonso Lopez which he won by MD.
Give me an example of a feather fisted fighter with high work rate and 0 defense giving Pavlik issues. Williams won because he was a giant. He would not have been a giant against Pavlik. Those punches he walked through when he fought Verno Phillips and Sharmba Mitchell will have a lot more impact coming from Pavlik.

Eh Williams was just not a great fighter. Horrrrribble defense. No power. Relied on being bigger and having good stamina. Pavilk would have knocked him out I think

Back