@Green
Reaction score
Kelly Robert Pavlik
"The Ghost"
b. April 5, 1982

42 fights
40 wins (34 by KO)
2 losses (both UD)

I used to like the guy 10 years ago. Thought he was overrated though. Just faded into obscurity.

What can you say about his career?

Kelly Robert Pavlik
"The Ghost"
b. April 5, 1982

42 fights
40 wins (34 by KO)
2 losses (both UD)

I used to like the guy 10 years ago. Thought he was overrated though. Just faded into obscurity.

What can you say about his career?
Anal and eggs.

He seemed a nice guy. I think he lost his first five amateur bouts too and came back from that to have a great career in boxing, which is very commendable in itself. Shame about the alcohol problem and then his health at the end. Guess he didn't reach his full potential because of that and people will probably just most remember the his loss to Hopkins despite becoming the lineal unified champ. Lucky for him that the Ward fight didn't come through too especially given his seizures etc that started soon after that was meant to take place.

Very good fighter. Had a basic style but a fundamentally sound one. Loved to go for the KO and gave fans a lot of exciting fights. Only lost to other very good/great fighters. A worthy champion.

one of the best 1-2's in the game. Hell of a chin and sapping power. He wasn't a one hitter quitter but he kept his work rate up and took guys out after that 7-9rd mark with constant pressure with straight shots. Almost never backed up. Great stamina. Underrated boxer but not a complex guy who will make many adjustments. Not a good defensive fighter. Functioning alcoholic. Blue collar style.

His only really bad night was Hopkins, he was very IN the Martinez fight, he was winning all the exchanges and taking over when his face fell apart, then Sergio was able to take over again.

Pav put on some great fights, but had hit his high point, and was never going to beat the obstacles in front of him once they were there and exposed, his time on top was done.

Would have taken a horrible beating versus Ward, thank god he retired.

Probably slightly underrated, really. Taylor was the guy to beat and Pavlik beat him clean twice. Lacked opponents to rank with the best MWs in history aside from that but a decent, respectable career overall.

Enjoyed watching him fight, dame shame he couldnt keep his act together. He would still be active probably. Him vs GGG, Canelo, Danny J, JCCjr like 5 years ago, all woulda been epic.

When you find your life is getting into a brawl at a nickleback concert you need to reevaluate your life.

good fighter but somewhat overated

he beat Taylor who was also overated, and didnt have the mental capacity to really take himself above his means

he reminds me a lot of Chris Eubank, a flawed tough fighter who had great stamina and a good punch, just did the basics very well, and not much else other than plain old toughness

When you find your life is getting into a brawl at a nickleback concert you need to reevaluate your life.

The fact that you're at a Nickelback concert means you need to reevaluate your life

wasn't talkin bout you. and besides, if i had a problem, yo i'll solve it. check out the hook, while my DJ revolves it.
Erm, that was in response to a direct message at me.

you

[yoo; unstressed yoo, yuh]

pronoun, possessive your or yours, objective you, plural you.
the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case:
You are the highest bidder.
It is you who are to blame.
We can't help you.
This package came for you.
Did she give you the book?

one; anyone; people in general:

a tiny animal you can't even see.

(Emphasis mine.)

I can only infer the above from the fact that you used the word you're getting riled about ("you") in exactly the same manner as the dude you're frontin' in your first post in this thread. Unless, of course, you were accusing cottagecheesefan of getting in a brawl at a Nickelback concert.

you

[yoo; unstressed yoo, yuh]

pronoun, possessive your or yours, objective you, plural you.
the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective case:
You are the highest bidder.
It is you who are to blame.
We can't help you.
This package came for you.
Did she give you the book?

one; anyone; people in general:

a tiny animal you can't even see.

(Emphasis mine.)

I can only infer the above from the fact that you used the word you're getting riled about ("you") in exactly the same manner as the dude you're frontin' in your first post in this thread. Unless, of course, you were accusing cottagecheesefan of getting in a brawl at a Nickelback concert.
Are you mental? Kelly pavlick got into a brawl. Cottagecheesefan could be anyone as far as I'm concerned.

Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

10000days said: "The fact that you're at a Nickelback concert means you need to reevaluate your life".

He didn't mean "you" (i.e. Sunfish). He was obviously talking about Kelly Pavlik. That's the "you" in that sentence. Yet you reacted as if he was attacking you.

I thought that, as you'd employed the same high-falutin' literary device (the use of "you" to mean "one in general" in a non-specific sense) in your very first post (about Kelly getting into a brawl at a Nickelback concert) that you (Sunfish) would be able to recognise the use of it in others' writing.

Evidently not.

The bit about cottagecheesefan was pointing out that, if you are truly unaware of how the English language works in this instance, your own post would therefore look like you're accusing cottagecheesefan of getting into a Nickelback concert.

The fact that you're at a Nickelback concert means you need to reevaluate your life

I've never been at a nickellback concert. Problem?

wasn't talkin bout you. and besides, if i had a problem, yo i'll solve it. check out the hook, while my DJ revolves it.

He wasn't talking about u Sunny.
He was actually playing off your comment

I liked him, enjoyed watching his fights from when i started watching, shame about his own personal issues.

Back