Karate Hottie vs Thug Rose, who you got?

Michelle has always been good, but she's looking improved in her last few fights. Her head is in the game too. Rose has talent, but tends to falter in the bigger fights. And her defense on the feet and on the ground hasn't always been her strong point. I think Michelle will take this contest.

I don't recall Rose fading at all in her her five round fight against VanZant.

You're better than this.

I was making an observation, not attacking. We are talking about fights were they were under adversity.

Michelle has been in bad positions in a lot of recent fights and come back.
- Shuckman had her back in the first round.
- Penne had a dominant 3rd round and nasty armbar attempt
- Magana even got a armbar attempt in
- Kedzie has told stories of old untaped fights where Michelle was getting beat up and came back to win.

There are two fights, Reid and Tiburcio, where Michelle was not able to come back. Everyone knows my opinion of the Tiburcio fight, it was bullshit and I don't acknowledge it. The Reid fight was a 23 year old Waterson getting worked by a champion level striker, yet never giving up. The ref stopped that fight early because Michelle got knocked down.

Rose would have to beat Michelle on the ground. The last time Waterson lost it was on the ground, and it looked like this.

img_1084-jpg.211933
[smull1]

Rose is a front runner, she can win if she gets going early and can pressure Waterson into a mistake early. Otherwise, and most likely scenario the fight turns into a grueling grapplin type fight which I'm assuming it will, Waterson will use her entire arsenal and will make Rose wilt and likely sub her. Anyway a winnable fight for both fighters, but only one can win by not entirely executing her gameplan, that's Michelle who has gotten out of the deep water before and pulled out wins.

I'm curious to see what new techniques she is talking about. With Michelle's comments about getting to the point where she can start re-incorporating some of her traditional martial arts, my guess is some crazy kicks of some sort.

If Waterson lures Namajunas into a battle of "crazy kicks", the resulting battle could be spectacular. Rose also has such kicks in her arsenal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back