Karate Hottie vs Thug Rose, who you got?

The trade off there is are the high risk strikes going to be effective or will they just end up giving rose more opportunities to catch MW in bad positions?

I'm not worried about the striking at all, she's got a lower center of gravity and I expect her to go for mainly leg and body kicks against rose.

I'm not worried about the striking at all, she's got a lower center of gravity and I expect her to go for mainly leg and body kicks against rose.

Should be interesting for sure.

I'm not *that* crazy. :D

Honestly, I've been pretty consistent about saying Rose vs. Waterson will be a close fight.

However, in the past couple of days, after rewatching thier recent fights, I've started to lean heavily towards Michelle. We will see, but I've been fairly good at picking fights lately.:eek:

Sev loves KH. What's not to love. But he's also got rational arguments to back up his opinions. Personally I think it's a tough fight. My problem with Rose is I still don't know if we've seen her full potential. Some of you have made the great point that Rose has been in there with higher level competition and she's been hit or miss as far as that goes. To me, Rose, at her very best is a beast with ability both standing and on the ground, but she's got vulnerabilities- and those have been exploited.

Waterson can definitely catch her- submit her on the ground. But Rose is a slick grappler too- not slick enough to sub Waterson in my view, but enough to notch takedowns and control things a bit at pivotal moments? I think so. Still, I feel that if they stay standing, it will be very interesting.

Let's consider the UFC's top ten (eleven) in the strawweight division for a moment.

Champion : Joanna Jedrzejczyk

1 Claudia Gadelha

2 Karolina Kowalkiewicz

3 Jessica Andrade

4 Rose Namajunas

5 Tecia Torres

6 Michelle Waterson

7 Joanne Calderwood

8 Randa Markos

9 Carla Esparza

10 Maryna Moroz

Of these fighters, who has Michelle Waterson fought? The answer: zero. Waterson hasn't fought any of these women.

So, Waterson has a lot of career fight experience, certainly more than Namajunas over all, but none with the current UFC top ten.

Of these UFC current top ten fighters, how many has Rose Namajunas fought? The answer: five, if we include the fights that occurred on The Ultimate Fighter season 20. Of those five top ten fighters, Rose beat three. Those three were Tecia Torres (1-1 against Torres over all fights, 1-0 in the UFC--UFC on Fox 19), and Randa Markos and Joanne Calderwood (on TUF 20). Namajunas had UFC losses to Carla Esparza and Karolina Kowalkiewicz in regular UFC fights.

When comparing the fight experience of Namajunas and Waterson, we should arguably consider the current UFC ranking of the fighters experienced as well. Namajunas is the only one of the two with any experience fighting the current UFC top ten.

Not dissing Michelle Waterson. I like her a lot, and think she has a good chance against Rose. But I think Rose has a very good chance against her as well.

If Rose brings her best game, then I favor her to win. The problem is, Rose can be very inconsistent about bringing her best game.

Great post. Of the best fighters Rose has fought, however, her most impressive (looking) victories were over Jojo and Randa on TUF. She also looked great over Hill but Angela has gotten better since. I don't think she was as good when Rose handled her as she is now. Still, a quality win.

She lost bad to Carla, lost to KK, and very narrowly edged Tecia.

As you've said, though, the big-fight experience is undeniable. Waterson's UFC victories have been good finishes, but Magana is not a significant threat and PVZ is good but not one of the top-tier. Doesn't really mean much though. Michelle is less tested but there are a lot of people who beat lesser competition and then pass the next higher-level test with flying colors.

CZcBs6pUkAAiKE1.jpg

I'm going to disagree with her being better than KK in the stand up, looked to be about the same.

Rose had a CLEAR advantage in the outside striking. That is how it ended up as a SD, even though i think she did enough with the knees in the clinch subsequently to have deserved a UD. Maybe the judges were looking at the physical damage on KK from those strikes.

I think occasional kicks to the head would be a good idea (they will help sway the judges if it is a close fight). She just has to stay away from Boxing with Rose. Keep her on the outside by using that side kick to the body like a jab.

Rose had a CLEAR advantage in the outside striking. That is how it ended up as a SD, even though i think she did enough with the knees in the clinch subsequently to have deserved a UD. Maybe the judges were looking at the physical damage on KK from those strikes.

Only in the first round, no power in her strikes

Waterson fans living thru old pics and modern-day filters

here's a recent no-filter non-angled HD pic

LrV7bzq.jpg

Hopefully the 13 year old boy look a like wins
Hurts the ufc morr

Michelle Waterson is so fucking hot and thug rose looks like a 12 year old boy. No contest

Only in the first round, no power in her strikes

No power?! Karolina looked as bad if not worse after that fight than she did in her fight against Joanna. And the fight against Joanna was 5 rounds not 3. And for the second half of the fight Rose wasnt doing much but getting kneed in the clinch. So she did most of that damage over the course of one and a half rounds. Thug Rose definitely has power for a strawweight.

Got a hard on that's for damn sure.

Ufc needs to start lingerie fights.

I'd say michelle is a little more technical. Rose is a lot more scrappy, I'd expect her to make It an ugly fight. A battle of wills. Could go either way really. I haven't really seen how Michelle responds to taking punishment / being In a battle..where as Rose seems to feed on that type of shit.

If It's a technical chess match of sorts, Michelle takes it. If Rose turns It into an ugly war, I'd favour her.
who knows man.

Solid fight tho

I'd rather keep talking about the Eurythmics.

And I pick Namajunas.

Rose would have to beat Michelle on the ground. The last time Waterson lost it was on the ground, and it looked like this.

IMG_1084.JPG

I haven't really seen how Michelle responds to taking punishment / being In a battle..where as Rose seems to feed on that type of shit.

Watch the Penne/Waterson fight. Michelle does very well taking punishment. If you can't find it, this is a fantastic highlight video:

We have actually seen Rose fade against Esparza and KK. She did keep going in the Torres fight, though.

We have actually seen Rose fade against Esparza and KK. She did keep going in the Torres fight, though.

I don't recall Rose fading at all in her her five round fight against VanZant.

Back