Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz

Yes .He said people of colored are being mistreated by law enforcement more than any other ethic group. You know what he said, don't play dumb . I agree with him because it happen to me on multiple occasions.
I'm so sorry about your victimhood

How fucking hilarious would it be if the redskins offered him a contract?

I'm so sorry about your victimhood

Unfortunately, most of these people will be failures at life...

It's much easier blaming others for one's shortcomings and failures, rather than pulling yourself up by your bootstraps and excelling on your own.

It gives me great joy how much Kaepernick pisses off the alt-right and Republicans.

Snowflake parodies.

You sissy bitch's are really butthurt about how this man chooses to spend his off time? How is he hurting anything now?

He aint part of a team anymore, so his actions dont link to the NFL, so why are yall still bitching about the man?

Yall give him way too much real estate in your thoughts... Yall must want to watch him fuck your wives.

What the fuck is wrong with yall mother fuckers?

You sissy bitch's are really butthurt about how this man chooses to spend his off time? How is he hurting anything now?

He aint part of a team anymore, so his actions dont link to the NFL, so why are yall still bitching about the man?

Yall give him way too much real estate in your thoughts... Yall must want to watch him fuck your wives.

They legit cant let go of anything. It's creepy.

Lol. This seems like a bit of a random leap.
Do you want everyone you bitch about to fuck your wife?

We get rid of the notion of skin colour as meaning anything more than eye colour or hair colour. Race is a bullshit distinction originally intended to allow WASPs to scapegoat anyone why doesn't look like them (or have as much money, nowadays).

I agree with you as a matter of fact.

However, we still have to deal with the complications of how race and culture intertwine.

This may be a case in point: Most police officers who pull over more black drivers in this day and age could care less about what the color of their skin means.

What they do care about is that if you happen to have that skin color, you are much more likely to be part of a culture that commits much more crime and "trouble" as you see it.

Right?

But then the impact is a problem.

Because if you are just a normal black man or woman who has nothing to do with crime, gangster culture, or inner city malaise, wrongly identifying you or anyone as "trouble" is much easier on a cursory skin-check.

Is that fair? Yes and no.

Yes it is natural, yes common nonsensical, however, the West has been trying to move away from group judgements, penalties, and all of that for a couple of thousand years now.

Therefore, there is a lot of resistance to saying "that is life" and a lot of equally as wrong social engineering and politicking to shame, degrade, or punish the dominant culture for simply existing.

Worse still for declaring that dominant "white" culture to be guilty of all sorts of past sins from which there is no escape except the experience of being a minority.

What a strange paradox I would say?

Then we have a simple problem shrouded in all kinds of cultural and political fugue.

Problem:

Yes it is natural to see certain cultures that commit more crime as a threat, no it is not fair to classify all people that way and target them more.

Would you agree?

As for the solution, the best thing to do would be to recognize that problem and teach police, administrators, and others to acknowledge the truth, that culture does have a connection to crime, and yet also teach them to be sensitive and understanding to a lot of people who are just trying to mind their own business.

I think any fair minded person could compromise on those lines.

I agree with everything you said but I have one question about the black community.

Do you think that slavery played a role in the behavior of the black community?

I think there is alot of systematic effects from slavery. You have fathers who were taken from there families during the slave trade for generations. This disconnect is still scene today with black father and families.

Blacks were also not allowed to get an education for hundreds of years . This put then way behind whites educationally and economically. This is way we see a big difference in average white income compare to blacks. How is a black child supposed to know about education and it's importance when they were told for generations that they were less than dogs? This emotional abuse was passes on through generations.

Then we have blacks that hate blacks. Some of this hate comes from whites teaching house blacks to hate the blacks who worked the fields and hard Labor. They would tell the lighter blacks that they were better than their darker brothers... so the divided them.

Law enforcement for generations were slave retrieves. Blacks of today are still don't trust the law because of generational abuse.

Yes I think slavery absolutely played a role, and share cropping after that.

Blacks were reduced to juveniles and not trusted, cared for, or taught to be citizens, and as a result developed a desperate culture out of older African ideas, necessity of being subjected to terrible conditions in order to "stick together," and in the absence of an overseer who cared.

Slavery/share cropping treated people as children, children made to work and be simple minded, and then when that ended, who would teach them then? In fact, who could at that point?

You take a people and say: we're taking you're rights, we are keeping you ignorant, and now that we can not oppress you by law, well, catch up on 200 years of history and suck it up.

If I were black, I would think sometimes? Really?! "White people" never gave two grapes about me and held me down.

But the truth is much, much more complicated: white culture fought a war to end slavery, white culture by in large has been trying to right the wrongs, and white culture in a modern context is for the most part benign, wants to judge people by their character, and full of people who mostly want to be good but have the same pride and bias as anyone else and refuses to put down their blinders to see the truth.

The truth is not that far apart no matter what a Jessie Jackson blaming the white man, or a Banon yelling "get a job!" want us to believe. Both are dead wrong, and both are ugly in their falsehoods.

The black community has felt slighted, angry, and as we tend to see in history "leaders" who use anger and slight to their advantage tend to rise to the top.

Easier to perpetuate those problems, real as they may be, by blaming others and being proud of what might not be wise to be proud of.

But at the same time, black America is right, something should be done, that requires looking outside and inside to get the answers.

How can we honest about any of this?

I am not sure with all certainty, but I can tell you this friend: we should not shout down black men who reasonably want to talk about how to fix oppression in a constructive way, and we should not want to shut down white men who feel they and their ancestors have come a long way to right the wrongs.

Both are right, and with some care, understanding, and dare I say it, brotherly love, we can take real steps again in civil rights instead of having a circular firing squad of platitude shouting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you as a matter of fact.

However, we still have to deal with the complications of how race and culture intertwine.

This may be a case in point: Most police officers who pull over more black drivers in this day and age could care less about what the color of their skin means.

What they do care about is that if you happen to have that skin color, you are much more likely to be part of a culture that commits much more crime and "trouble" as you see it.

Right?
I'll stop you right there.

"But when researchers in the US examined how PredPol predicts crime, they found something disturbing. Their study suggests that the software merely sparks a “feedback loop” that leads to officers being repeatedly sent to certain neighbourhoods – typically ones with a high number of racial minorities – regardless of the true crime rate in that area (arxiv.org/abs/1706.09847).

The problem stems from the logic that PredPol uses to decide where officers should be sent. If an officer is sent to a neighbourhood and then makes an arrest, the software takes this as indicating a good chance of more crimes in that area in future.

What this means, says Matt Kusner at the Alan Turing Institute in London, is that the PredPol system seems to be learning from arrest rates – which are higher in areas where there are more police – rather than from underlying crime rates.

“That’s how dangerous feedback loops are,” says Joshua Loftus at New York University, who wasn’t involved in the study. Although these loops are only part of how PredPol makes its predictions, he says they may explain why predictive policing algorithms have sometimes seemed to recreate exactly the kind of racial biases their creators say they overcome."
Biased policing is made worse by errors in pre-crime algorithms

Looks like unemployment is keeping him busy.

He must be getting kickbacks to keep protesting, because a month ago he was willing to stand for the anthem if the NFL would bring him back.

Lol. This seems like a bit of a random leap.
Do you want everyone you bitch about to fuck your wife?

Nobody lives rent free in my thoughts like whats on display in this thread.

But for the record, I have been bitching about Monica Belluci alot... She needs to act more.

Back