Kaepernick participates in 'Unthanksgiving Day' on Alcatraz

I ask how you were mistreated by cops.

In one case it was reasonable once it was explained to me in the other the cop was being a ass.

One other time I was cuffed and arrested for not having my drivers license. I had a valid licenses just not on me. I worked it out because I knew I was in the wrong and acted like I have some sense.
Maybe I am dumb, or at least ignorant.

Therefore I would like to kindly ask again: What is a person of color and how do I become one?

Does skin determine this or does what I believe determine this? How do I know?

How do I recognize other members of my people and know how to keep other people from joining my people and ruining what my people are all about?

You know, if I want to keep my people great then not every group of people can make my people great again.

This is hard to keep track of hmm.

No point explaining because your mind is already set on how you see kaepernick movement. It will only hit you when law enforcement takes advantage of you or even worse hurt you physically, emotionally and financially.

No point explaining because your mind is already set on how you see kaepernick movement. It will only hit you when law enforcement takes advantage of you or even worse hurt you physically, emotionally and financially.

My question is more fundamental.

What does it mean to be a minority in the modern world and how do we help change the attitudes of say law enforcement to have them see everyone equally and not as part of a special group?

What does it mean to be a minority in the modern world and how do we help change the attitudes of say law enforcement to have them see everyone equally and not as part of a special group?

They need better training when it comes to law enforcement. These officers need to go through psych evaluation every so often.

The state needs to hire a DIVERSE group of law officials that are not mostly white. Many minorities feel uncomfortable when all you see is white officers.( minorities can be officers too.) I don't believe that minorities don't want to be in law enforcement.

Minorities have been telling the America public for years that cops were mistreating them. SOME whites think that this has just recently been happening because all the video taping. Sad thing is that it been happening for a long time unchecked .

(Why didn't the believe us when we were telling them this?)

Media need stop portraying minorities as dangerous indivisuals.

Hard to stop racism when it is taught by their parents or media.

They need better training when it comes to law enforcement. These officers need to go through psych evaluation every so often.

The state needs to hire a DIVERSE group of law officials that are not mostly white. Many minorities feel uncomfortable when all you see is white officers.( minorities can be officers too.) I don't believe that minorities don't want to be in law enforcement.

Minorities have been telling the America public for years that cops were mistreating them. SOME whites think that this has just recently been happening because all the video taping. Sad thing is that it been happening for a long time unchecked .

(Why didn't the believe us when we were telling them this?)

Media need stop portraying minorities as dangerous indivisuals.

Hard to stop racism when it is taught by their parents or media.

I partly agree with you, however, I think there are some problems.

1st. I think we can agree that skin color should not be a problem during a traffic stop or while buying juice at the supermarket. That is wrong.

2nd. What about a "minority' from the intercity who chooses or by circumstance of education, experience, ECT. chooses to dress and act like a "gangster" or to "keep it real."

I think an officer of the law or anyone else would be going against common sense and human nature to not be weary of that minority sub-culture. Would you agree or disagree?

3rd. All problems with Kapernicks genuine concerns, hypocrisy, or whatever else...

Dividing people too often as majority culture and minority culture is probably a bad idea in a pluralistic society.

Who is Kaepernick speaking to? It should be all Americans, because a division along different ways of thinking as a "race" or "people" means... we stop supporting difficult attempts to have an equal or fair society, and start thinking about those around us in terms of "my people."

That invites corruption, poor civic behavior, calling non-blacks or non-whites the "others" who "oppress" us when the vast majority do not care about skin color anymore, they care about living a life and making money, or having a family, ECT. like most people.

Targeting black people is unfair, but is a result of problems in "black" culture that lead to safety mechanisms among white, Hispanic, or Asian cultures to look at "black" culture and think "-they- have a problem..."

In the West, where group blame has been less and less acceptable for the last oh, 2k years, we are trying in finite ways to avoid group punishment and marginalization because we think everyone should be judged as an individual. However, groups still have an identity that they choose, and if they want to stand further and further out from the majority culture, it will help create the biases that people have.

For an easy example: good luck getting middle class Chinese migrants to want to live in a black neighborhood. And why should they want to?

That is a problem though - seeing the skin color and being unfair to the group is the easy reaction, to stop classifying people as "my people" or "not my people" is a harder distinction, and acts like Kaepernick seem to draw stricter lines between "us" and "them." In a society where everyone is supposed to be an American with equal rights and freedom, creating those Nationalists camps... of say "Black Power" and shaming of people against that mutant form of equality will cause reactionary movements, say "Make America Great Again."

Cliff notes:

Would we not be a whole lot better to say:

1. Encourage people not to judge according to skin color.

2. Encourage people not to invest in minority, majority, or any other cultural identity, but recognize people first and foremost as people. Not a group, nor a clan, nor a "black way" or a "white way."

3. Accept that cultures are different and be honest to accept that there are different ways to live life, we can respect that, however, need to talk about what works and what does not work in culture, because also actions have consequences whether we bury them in racial pride or not.

To chase after notions of "my people" becomes as destructive as those who see "my skin."

Society needs to aggressively address these dilemmas in an honest way and stop trying to save face and promote different cultural camps to point the dirty political fingers at one another.

I'm not so sure its about exactly what he is doing but more about the support he gets for it and how some people just don't understand how it's almost mainstream to support him . It has everything to do with his skin and peoples erections for virtue signaling. Too bad his extremist gf poisoned his mind.

Snowflakes getting triggered by someone who disagrees with their 'Murica circle jerk.

I would literally never hear about Kap if it wasn't for Natty-Ice drinking white dudes with Flag shirts.

1st. I think we can agree that skin color should not be a problem during a traffic stop or while buying juice at the supermarket. That is wrong.

2nd. What about a "minority' from the intercity who chooses or by circumstance of education, experience, ECT. chooses to dress and act like a "gangster" or to "keep it real."

I think an officer of the law or anyone else would be going against common sense and human nature to not be weary of that minority sub-culture. Would you agree or disagree?

3rd. All problems with Kapernicks genuine concerns, hypocrisy, or whatever else...

Dividing people too often as majority culture and minority culture is probably a bad idea in a pluralistic society.

Who is Kaepernick speaking to? It should be all Americans, because a division along different ways of thinking as a "race" or "people" means... we stop supporting difficult attempts to have an equal or fair society, and start thinking about those around us in terms of "my people."

That invites corruption, poor civic behavior, calling non-blacks or non-whites the "others" who "oppress" us when the vast majority do not care about skin color anymore, they care about living a life and making money, or having a family, ECT. like most people.

Targeting black people is unfair, but is a result of problems in "black" culture that lead to safety mechanisms among white, Hispanic, or Asian cultures to look at "black" culture and think "-they- have a problem..."

In the West, where group blame has been less and less acceptable for the last oh, 2k years, we are trying in finite ways to avoid group punishment and marginalization because we think everyone should be judged as an individual. However, groups still have an identity that they choose, and if they want to stand further and further out from the majority culture, it will help create the biases that people have.

For an easy example: good luck getting middle class Chinese migrants to want to live in a black neighborhood. And why should they want to?

That is a problem though - seeing the skin color and being unfair to the group is the easy reaction, to stop classifying people as "my people" or "not my people" is a harder distinction, and acts like Kaepernick seem to draw stricter lines between "us" and "them." In a society where everyone is supposed to be an American with equal rights and freedom, creating those Nationalists camps... of say "Black Power" and shaming of people against that mutant form of equality will cause reactionary movements, say "Make America Great Again."

Cliff notes:

2. Encourage people not to invest in minority, majority, or any other cultural identity, but recognize people first and foremost as people. Not a group, nor a clan, nor a "black way" or a "white way."

3. Accept that cultures are different and be honest to accept that there are different ways to live life, we can respect that, however, need to talk about what works and what does not work in culture, because also actions have consequences whether we bury them in racial pride or not.

To chase after notions of "my people" becomes as destructive as those who see "my skin."

Society needs to aggressively address these dilemmas in an honest way and stop trying to save face and promote different cultural camps to point the dirty political fingers at one another.

2. I still wear g-nikes and a jersey most days. Cops don't mess with me because I have grey in my beard. They used to when I was 25.

Most of the black guys I knew in the army wore clothes that could be associated with "gangster rap" culture. 35% of the army is black. Should those guys be harassed by cops?

2. I still wear g-nikes and a jersey most days. Cops don't mess with me because I have grey in my beard. They used to when I was 25.

Most of the black guys I knew in the army wore clothes that could be associated with "gangster rap" culture. 35% of the army is black. Should those guys be harassed by cops?

Rather than give me a binary yes/no choice based on a single aspect of my post, I would honestly prefer you first confirm or deny that my other positions are valid and do not address what you are asking.

We are talking about human nature.

If I am of another race and walking through the worst neighborhood in downtown Chicago and a group of young men approach me wearing "gangsta rap" clothes, what should my human reaction be?

Should those guys be trusted?

I see my question as fairer to be honest, although part of the same problem.

Judging a group on identity is unfair now a days... if you're Chinese and living in Guangzhou, that is the reality. Perhaps also in parts of Africa. How fortunate to live in America or Europe to begin with? We ought to consider that when talking about all those different groups of Americans or Europeans.

But that is what my post is saying, but we have to deal with a lot of cultural and naturalistic ways of thinking to properly deal with this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather than give me a binary yes/no choice based on a single aspect of my post, I would honestly prefer you first confirm or deny that my other positions are valid and do not address what you are asking.

Yeah, their valid.

I agree with most of the post.

I would ask for clarification though, on whether you accept the status quo, or are you just identifying it.

Also the question on what gangster culture actually is?

Ask yourself if a 5 or 50 year old wearing the same clothing and look, is profiled the same.

The truth is, that if cops are profiling anyone, it should be 14-30 year old males of all races, as they are responsible for the vast majority of violent crime.

Yeah, their valid.

I agree with most of the post.

I would ask for clarification though, on whether you accept the status quo, or are you just identifying it.

Also the question on what gangster culture actually is?

Ask yourself if a 5 or 50 year old wearing the same clothing and look, is profiled the same.

The truth is, that if cops are profiling anyone, it should be 14-30 year old males of all races, as they are responsible for the vast majority of violent crime.

Fair enough.

And I think we should be fair about the dangers and also fair about people's feelings.

Stopping someone because they are black is not a great way to do police work, but trusting a guy who "fits the profile" and has other warning signs is also not wise.

I think more money for training would be the best way. Training to be sensitive to people's real feelings and concerns, but also sensitive to people's real fears.

Discretion and good guidance rather than legislation or harsh penalties.

Fair enough.

And I think we should be fair about the dangers and also fair about people's feelings.

Stopping someone because they are black is not a great way to do police work, but trusting a guy who "fits the profile" and has other warning signs is also not wise.

I think more money for training would be the best way. Training to be sensitive to people's real feelings and concerns, but also sensitive to people's real fears.

Discretion and good guidance rather than legislation or harsh penalties.

Agreed, but I would say we also need a discussion about how much fear, real or imagined, is shaped by media, and identity.

Agreed, but I would say we also need a discussion about how much fear, real or imagined, is shaped by media, and identity.

Also fair, and we should be fair about criminal statistics as well, and about what the stereotypes mean.

There is another problem though...

You know... we can agree to this on a forum, we can even see clear minded ways to solve the problem, but we might consider this too.

Will the legion of politicized lawyers, civil servants and bureaucrats, community activists, police unions, and other legalistic entities let our good idea go to work for the rank and file members of police forces and the mostly good citizens they look after?

Or... after all the haggling... will they do what is easy and looks good on a report? Water it down to nothing or try to micromanagement to zero tolerance?

American civil society may have some serious, serious problems that tie into the race quagmire.

For a start, we can get rid of Police unions.
Considering the power they have over the public and the degree to which they are held unaccountable, Unions make the situation way worse.

We get rid of the notion of skin colour as meaning anything more than eye colour or hair colour. Race is a bullshit distinction originally intended to allow WASPs to scapegoat anyone why doesn't look like them (or have as much money, nowadays).

Cliff notes:

I agree with everything you said but I have one question about the black community.

Do you think that slavery played a role in the behavior of the black community?

I think there is alot of systematic effects from slavery. You have fathers who were taken from there families during the slave trade for generations. This disconnect is still scene today with black father and families.

Blacks were also not allowed to get an education for hundreds of years . This put then way behind whites educationally and economically. This is way we see a big difference in average white income compare to blacks. How is a black child supposed to know about education and it's importance when they were told for generations that they were less than dogs? This emotional abuse was passes on through generations.

Then we have blacks that hate blacks. Some of this hate comes from whites teaching house blacks to hate the blacks who worked the fields and hard Labor. They would tell the lighter blacks that they were better than their darker brothers... so the divided them.

Law enforcement for generations were slave retrieves. Blacks of today are still don't trust the law because of generational abuse.

Do you think that slavery played a role in the behavior of the black community?

I think there is alot of systematic effects from slavery. You have fathers who were taken from there families during the slave trade for generations. This disconnect is still scene today with black father and families.
I've seen statistics that say black's father-less rate was very low right before the civil right movement. It caused blacks to jam together into urban centers to get jobs and benefits. It switched from the mind set of "what can I do to survive?" to "what can I do to get what I deserve?"

When you switch like this, you lose your spirit because you give the power over to whatever entities that dictate what you 'deserve'. You spend your whole life reconciling with whatever you think you deserve with what others think you deserve. Then you need to prove you're equal because being equal relates to deserving. It becomes your life mission. It's a slavery of an existence.

Think back, when you were a kid, did you dream of 'When I grow up I gonna be XXX' or "When I grow up I'm gonna be EQUAL?" what a fuck up kind of dream is that? terrible thing to aspire to. It enslaves your mind and imprisons your spirit. That's the real oppression.

Kaep is like the buffoons you see on law and order reruns. Hes got the freedom of speech but tends to forget that anything he says can and will be used against him and often times if you wanna get out of an ugly situation the best thing to do is just shut the fuck up

I have been on both sides. Yes there are ass hole cops but there are far more ass hole criminals. The larger present of cops I have meet were ok and did their jobs well. When you break the law then your interaction may not be pleasant especially if you do your best to be an ass hole.

I've got no problem holding cop to their jobs as they should be done.

Back