Just rewatched the dark knight rises.

You need golden gate bridge-size cables to suspend the disbelief, and Batman is dead boring (again), but other than that I quite like Dark Knight Rises. Lots of good stuff in it.

I also forgot to mention when batman finally told Gordon his identity.
He makes a vague comment about what it means to be a hero while subtly hinting at Gordon putting a blanket around Bruce wayne after his parents died.
Gordon then realizes he is Bruce Wayne but that makes no sense. Gotham is filled with crime no way Gordon remembers one encounter with a kid 20 years ago.

The murder of Bruce's parents was probably the biggest cause celebre in Gotham for that entire generation. It would be like Bill Gates getting shot. And the "kid" grew up to be Gotham's probably biggest celebrity (after Batman).
I think there's plenty of reason for Gordon to remember the encounter. Like how everyone remembers where they were when the towers fell, to use another real world analogy.
But yeah, I guess the way Bruce worded it was a tad vague.

Last edited:
Bane's voice was hard to understand sometimes. Batman fixing his crippled back in the underground prison, the cops being trapped underground and later being ready to fight without guns weren't good parts of the movie. Would have like to have seen Bane go out a different way too. Still think it was a great movie.

Movie would have been a lot better with no Talia.

I really enjoy The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Batman Returns and Mask of the Phantasm.

I think Batman vs. Supes is underrated.

Schumacher films is where I draw the line.

Thought id give it another look, some thoughts.

The movie had a lot of potential and probably could have been great with better editing.

There is a lack of character development. Example: Talia has 1 or 2 interactions with Bruce Wayne, and then she shows up at his house in the rain randomly and they have sex by the fire...but there was absolutely no believable connection built between them before this scene.

Also, Catwoman just appears all of a sudden with her Catwoman gear. No build up or explanation of how she even got a costume.

- Blake knowing he was batman right away was a little shallow. It would have done more for his character if he revealed it later.

- the football scene was cool but cheese.

- Bane was great, and his beat down of batman is the best in the movie, but his voice sucks and was too obnoxious for my tastes.

- Catwoman was sexy af.

- batman climbing out of the hole and then showing up to gotham made no sense. How did he get back?

- they expect me to believe a 10 year old malnourished little girl was able to climb out of the hole?

- the "Robin" reveal at the end was corny as hell.

Overall, the stuff with Alfred was the best as Caine really shows his mastery when he has those touching scenes with Bruce.

Second veiwing still the worst of the trilogy, but not the worst batman. IMO it ranks even with Batman 89.
This is absolutely the worst of the trilogy. They got almost nothing right.

Dan Carlin did a Hardcore History episode on TDKR. Here's an excerpt of the transcript.
1539380840131.png

Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin
Batman vs Superman - Justice League

Need to rewatch Batman and Batman begins but I agree Dark Knight Rises wasnt as good as I thought it was. But I still like it. 7/10 imo
. My List is
The Dark Knight
Batman
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Forever
Batman Returns

and Batman and Robin is a top 5 worse movie of all time.

Batman vs Superman is considered a Superman movie according to DC.

Dan Carlin did a Hardcore History episode on TDKR. Here's an excerpt of the transcript.
1539380840131.png
Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man...before throwing him out of a plane.

Bane's voice was hard to understand sometimes. Batman fixing his crippled back in the underground prison, the cops being trapped underground and later being ready to fight without guns weren't good parts of the movie. Would have like to have seen Bane go out a different way too. Still think it was a great movie.

Like I posted in here a while back, they tried to make it more clear by making it really loud. It’s sounds really inorganic. Would you have minded if they used subtitles and kept the original voice? I wouldn’t have minded. Also now that I think about it, I wonder if it would have worked if they had him speak a foreign language and subtitled it. I mean Batman is supposed to be fluent in tons of languages so it might have been interesting if Batman and Bane were still able to communicate. Nolan’s Batman sometimes comes across more as a bar brawler than an intellectual so it would have made Batman look smarter as well.

Plus we could have had a version of this scene in live action when Batman interrogates ones of Bane’s thugs.

Like I posted in here a while back, they tried to make it more clear by making it really loud. It’s sounds really inorganic. Would you have minded if they used subtitles and kept the original voice? I wouldn’t have minded. Also now that I think about it, I wonder if it would have worked if they had him speak a foreign language and subtitled it. I mean Batman is supposed to be fluent in tons of languages so it might have been interesting if Batman and Bane were still able to communicate. Nolan’s Batman sometimes comes across more as a bar brawler than an intellectual so it would have made Batman look smarter as well.

Plus we could have had a version of this scene in live action when Batman interrogates ones of Bane’s thugs.

I would have taken subtitles and the original voice. That interrogation scene idea is really good.

I rewatched the trilogy over the last few days.

I thought Bane's voice was ridiculous, though I enjoyed seeing him beat down Batman. I never felt we got a good return beatdown for Batman though. Nolan did a good job making Hardy look massive, all in all a good villain.

I thought Hathaway was pretty stellar as Catwoman, but they didn't develop that romance well. She was sexy as hell in her outfit though
giphy.gif

The Robin name reveal was really lame, they really didn't need to mention that. Were they planning on doing more films?

Michael Cain was awesome as always, he kept things legit. He needed more airtime

I really didn't care for the prison escape thing either. We never got to see a good angle for the jump. I never felt any tension

The movie was pretty average in a lot of areas, a lot weird things. As someone mentioned about the cops fighting without guns. How were half of them not mowed down instantly?

Somehow it all came together to feel epic and worthy of such a great character. Having those films and the Rocksteady Batman games around the same time was a special time. Mark Hamill is goat Joker!

Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin
Batman vs Superman - Justice League

Need to rewatch Batman and Batman begins but I agree Dark Knight Rises wasnt as good as I thought it was. But I still like it. 7/10 imo

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman vs Superman: DC (182 min cut)
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

Dark Knight Rises sucked, I legit fell asleep trying to watch this movie like 3 times.

I stand by the OP.

Still a great film though. Better than most other films.

Bane is supposed to be the Mexican criminal batman.

Imagine if el chapo was built like the rock. Now imagine he was in jail with a huge chip on his shoulder. He reads constantly and has an iq greater than batmans. He also lifts. He is like batman but hardened and stronger and smarter. That's how bane is SUPPOSED to be. A guy who would consider gotham city prison a fucking vacation.

Instead they make bane a British manlet on stilts. First time I've seen a 6'5 man with a 65 inch reach yet also looking like he can bench 450. Top heavy AF.

You have rises over begins?

The Dark Knight
Mask of the phantasm
Batman returns
Batman Begins
Batman 89
Tdkr
Batman forever
Batman v Superman
Batman and Robin
THAAAAAATS better.

Forever and batman and robin were absolute dogshit. I can rewatch all the others easily.

People crying about Returns baffle me as much as people crying about Predator 2. Theyre both great sequels.

Back