Just rewatched the dark knight rises.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Thought id give it another look, some thoughts.

The movie had a lot of potential and probably could have been great with better editing.

There is a lack of character development. Example: Talia has 1 or 2 interactions with Bruce Wayne, and then she shows up at his house in the rain randomly and they have sex by the fire...but there was absolutely no believable connection built between them before this scene.

Also, Catwoman just appears all of a sudden with her Catwoman gear. No build up or explanation of how she even got a costume.

- Blake knowing he was batman right away was a little shallow. It would have done more for his character if he revealed it later.

- the football scene was cool but cheese.

- Bane was great, and his beat down of batman is the best in the movie, but his voice sucks and was too obnoxious for my tastes.

- Catwoman was sexy af.

- batman climbing out of the hole and then showing up to gotham made no sense. How did he get back?

- they expect me to believe a 10 year old malnourished little girl was able to climb out of the hole?

- the "Robin" reveal at the end was corny as hell.

Overall, the stuff with Alfred was the best as Caine really shows his mastery when he has those touching scenes with Bruce.

Second veiwing still the worst of the trilogy, but not the worst batman. IMO it ranks even with Batman 89.

I was with you till that last sentence.

:confused:

Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin
Batman vs Superman - Justice League

Need to rewatch Batman and Batman begins but I agree Dark Knight Rises wasnt as good as I thought it was. But I still like it. 7/10 imo

Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin
Batman vs Superman - Justice League

You have rises over begins?

The Dark Knight
Mask of the phantasm
Batman returns
Batman Begins
Batman 89
Tdkr
Batman forever
Batman v Superman
Batman and Robin

The Dark Knight
Mask of the phantasm
Batman returns
Batman Begins
Batman 89
Tdkr
Batman forever
Batman v Superman
Batman and Robin

I honestly dont know and need to rewatch them all but dark knight is first and the newer batman's are dead last

I honestly dont know and need to rewatch them all but dark knight is first and the newer batman's are dead last

I have BvS over Batman and Robin but both are trash imo. I was super stoked for BvS too

Thought id give it another look, some thoughts.

The movie had a lot of potential and probably could have been great with better editing.

There is a lack of character development. Example: Talia has 1 or 2 interactions with Bruce Wayne, and then she shows up at his house in the rain randomly and they have sex by the fire...but there was absolutely no believable connection built between them before this scene.

Also, Catwoman just appears all of a sudden with her Catwoman gear. No build up or explanation of how she even got a costume.

- Blake knowing he was batman right away was a little shallow. It would have done more for his character if he revealed it later.

- the football scene was cool but cheese.

- Bane was great, and his beat down of batman is the best in the movie, but his voice sucks and was too obnoxious for my tastes.

- Catwoman was sexy af.

- batman climbing out of the hole and then showing up to gotham made no sense. How did he get back?

- they expect me to believe a 10 year old malnourished little girl was able to climb out of the hole?

- the "Robin" reveal at the end was corny as hell.

Overall, the stuff with Alfred was the best as Caine really shows his mastery when he has those touching scenes with Bruce.

Second veiwing still the worst of the trilogy, but not the worst batman. IMO it ranks even with Batman 89.

I wonder if the impact of the ending would have been stronger if Baleman had really died. I truly feel Nolan tried to have his cake and eat it too, creating that emotional moment (love when Wayne reveals his identity to Oldman) but then not pulling the trigger fully on Batman's sacrifice. It was a tough call because he would have pissed off a lot of people had he done it, but I think the shot of Alfred giving the head nod of hespect to Bruce in Europe was a bit transparent.

Caine was great but it definitely seemed like his smallest role in the trilogy which was kind of a shame. Still, that scene you refer to where he and Bruce part ways is some awesome acting from both guys.

I really liked JGL's performance as Blake, but the Robin thing was definitely facepalm worthy. Awesome final shot of the film though.

I didn't have a lot of problems with the stuff most people got really pissed with- for instance, how he got back to Gotham or Catwoman offing Bane. Wayne is extremely wealthy and probably has resources and contacts all around the world, I'd assume he would be able to pull something off. Bane death felt a bit anticlimactic after all that but I did like how Hardy goes rogue from Talia's plan to let him feel the heat of a million souls he failed. "We both know I have to kill you now. You'll just have to imagine the fire!" Really liked Hardy's delivery on that second line.

Thought the final chase with Batman in the Bat and Catwoman on the Batpod chasing down the Tumbler's and the truck was awesome. One thing that the film underscored about the batpod is how much firepower the damn thing had. She takes out a tumbler with it.

Also, for all the Dark Knight's emphasis on Batman not breaking his one rule, he sure as hell doesn't mind shooting the shit out of Talia's driver, killing him and thus causing her death via horrific crash. Of course the stakes were very high there but I just find that sort of interesting.

I wonder if the impact of the ending would have been stronger if Baleman had really died. I truly feel Nolan tried to have his cake and eat it too, creating that emotional moment (love when Wayne reveals his identity to Oldman) but then not pulling the trigger fully on Batman's sacrifice. It was a tough call because he would have pissed off a lot of people had he done it, but I think the shot of Alfred giving the head nod of hespect to Bruce in Europe was a bit transparent.

Caine was great but it definitely seemed like his smallest role in the trilogy which was kind of a shame. Still, that scene you refer to where he and Bruce part ways is some awesome acting from both guys.

I really liked JGL's performance as Blake, but the Robin thing was definitely facepalm worthy. Awesome final shot of the film though.

I didn't have a lot of problems with the stuff most people got really pissed with- for instance, how he got back to Gotham or Catwoman offing Bane. Wayne is extremely wealthy and probably has resources and contacts all around the world, I'd assume he would be able to pull something off. Bane death felt a bit anticlimactic after all that but I did like how Hardy goes rogue from Talia's plan to let him feel the heat of a million souls he failed. "We both know I have to kill you now. You'll just have to imagine the fire!" Really liked Hardy's delivery on that second line.

Thought the final chase with Batman in the Bat and Catwoman on the Batpod chasing down the Tumbler's and the truck was awesome. One thing that the film underscored about the batpod is how much firepower the damn thing had. She takes out a tumbler with it.

Also, for all the Dark Knight's emphasis on Batman not breaking his one rule, he sure as hell doesn't mind shooting the shit out of Talia's driver, killing him and thus causing her death via horrific crash. Of course the stakes were very high there but I just find that sort of interesting.

I liked the ending only because at the beginning Alfred stated about his fantasy seeing Bruce happy away from Gotham. When we got it it was a feel good moment for Alfred. But yeah I wouldn't mind if he died either because either way is poetic.

The Dark Knight
Mask of the phantasm
Batman returns
Batman Begins
Batman 89
Tdkr
Batman forever
Batman v Superman
Batman and Robin

Solid list! I love the high placement of Batman Returns. So damn good.

I would put Batman vs. Supes well above both Forever and Robin though. It has its problems, but I thought the action was damn good, particularly anything involving Batfleck. He was a great Batman. I thought Kilmer was monotone and at best, forgettable. His movie cartoonish, campy and no longer particularly fun to watch (liked it as a kid). Clooney's Batman doesn't even register with me. I have no recollection. Don't know if he was even decent because the movie he was in was just so awful top to bottom.

I remember when Letterman spoiled the ending of DKR when Hathaway was on there. It really pissed me off.

I think the movie really suffered from Heath Ledger's death.

It's pretty obvious to my mind that Nolan originally planned some sore of denouement involving the Joker for the third film and had to scrap that plan after Ledger's death (Which I just realize happened a decade(!) ago. Time flies).

Since they couldn't hope to replace Ledger with anyone else given all the hysteria following his passing, Nolan had to take things in a different direction.

Solid list! I love the high placement of Batman Returns. So damn good.

I would put Batman vs. Supes well above both Forever and Robin though. It has its problems, but I thought the action was damn good, particularly anything involving Batfleck. He was a great Batman. I thought Kilmer was monotone and at best, forgettable. His movie cartoonish, campy and no longer particularly fun to watch (liked it as a kid). Clooney's Batman doesn't even register with me. I have no recollection. Don't know if he was even decent because the movie he was in was just so awful top to bottom.

BvS followed the nolan trilogy, so maybe I'm giving it too much flack for not standing up. But the miscast Eisenburg, the drawwwn out second half, and the absolute soiling of Doomsdays character got me triggered to be honest.

I have to watch Forever again to be honest, but it has a nostalgia place for me.

As for Returns, just a great movie. The winter gothic 40s style Gotham is perfect. Its got a surreal subtone to it and just the right amount of comic book and dark. Not to mention the acting. God I love that movie, its my christmas classic.

Never knew the original villain for DKR was suppose to be Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler

Never knew the original villain for DKR was suppose to be Leonardo DiCaprio as The Riddler

There were rumors of him being black mask too I think.

There were a lot of rumors that Joseph Gordon Levitt was gonna play Joker which honestly I would have liked to see

Back