Just rewatched the dark knight rises.

BvS followed the nolan trilogy, so maybe I'm giving it too much flack for not standing up. But the miscast Eisenburg, the drawwwn out second half, and the absolute soiling of Doomsdays character got me triggered to be honest.

I have to watch Forever again to be honest, but it has a nostalgia place for me.

As for Returns, just a great movie. The winter gothic 40s style Gotham is perfect. Its got a surreal subtone to it and just the right amount of comic book and dark. Not to mention the acting. God I love that movie, its my christmas classic.

This is just one of the best openings to a comic book film I can think of. Sets the tone for the film and Elfman's score is absolutely brilliant.

You're right. The film just delivers in all aspects- and yes some complain that its most just a Burton film that happens to have Batman in it rather than a Batman Burton film like the first one, but I don't mind that at all.

Keaton, Pfeiffer, DeVito, and Walken all kill it. That movie pretty much set the gold standard for having multiple villains in a comic book film. I look to that one as an example of when it is done right and Spider-Man 3 as an example of really doing it poorly.

This is just one of the best openings to a comic book film I can think of. Sets the tone for the film and Elfman's score is absolutely brilliant.

You're right. The film just delivers in all aspects- and yes some complain that its most just a Burton film that happens to have Batman in it rather than a Batman Burton film like the first one, but I don't mind that at all.

Keaton, Pfeiffer, DeVito, and Walken all kill it. That movie pretty much set the gold standard for having multiple villains in a comic book film. I look to that one as an example of when it is done right and Spider-Man 3 as an example of really doing it poorly.

Yeah I see why people say it's a burton film with Batman and not a batman film. But imo the two things just matched up well, the character of batman and burtonesqeness,that is.

The Burton Batman films are both terrible

Comic Book movies are not supposed to be boring

They do not hold up at all

BANE is a joke...
tumblr_m985ai2uiN1qcf707o3_500.gif

I'm going to watch the Batman movies in order now. I will make a thread with the ratings and where I rank each one. Excluding the new ones.

Disagree completely, Batman Returns is incredibley rewatchable.

Yeah man. I think movies like the original Christopher Reeve Supes and the Burton Batman movies are also just in and of themselves very important in the lineage of comic book films as standard-setters for what was to come. So now you can have Cavill looking far more physically imposing and the action and effects far superior, but, at the same time, you see the character work in the original Superman is just incredible and Reeve really set a standard for both Kent and Superman. It's almost as though in the absence of all the technological capacities that modern films have, the older comic book movies were still able to have both exciting action setpieces and also did a great job of really getting actors to embody the roles and thoroughly make the characters their own.

The Dark Knight surpassed both Burton films, but I think Batman and Returns are both classics. With Returns being the one I deem more awesome and rewatchable.

Dark Knight
Dark Knight Rises
Batman
Batman Begins
Batman Forever
Batman Returns
Batman and Robin
Batman vs Superman - Justice League

Need to rewatch Batman and Batman begins but I agree Dark Knight Rises wasnt as good as I thought it was. But I still like it. 7/10 imo

Lol as bad as Batman v. Superman and Justice League were, how could anyone have them ranked under Batman and Robin?

Wish Nolan would have kept Bane’s original voice with added subtitles. They re-dubbed most of Bane’s lines to that campy bullshit and fucked with the volume so it would be crystal clear. The sound mixing was all off. One of the earliest signs of WB’s studio meddling.

This is how it was supposed to sound. This audio is taken with a cellphone in a theater so it would have sounded more clear than this too.

Wish Nolan would have kept Bane’s original voice with added subtitles. They re-dubbed most of Bane’s lines to that campy bullshit and fucked with the volume so it would be crystal clear. The sound mixing was all off. One of the earliest signs of WB’s studio meddling.

This is how it was supposed to sound. This audio is taken with a cellphone in a theater so it would have sounded more clear than this too.

The sound mixing is very noticeable, this sounds way better.

The Dark Knight Rises is one of the most unwatchable Batman movies ever made.
It's up there with Batman & Robin

One of the most disappointing movies of all time considering it followed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Curse of the trilogy I guess. There are plenty of good components but the movie itself is a huge mess. Nolan's worst movie in my opinion.

One of the most disappointing movies of all time considering it followed Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Curse of the trilogy I guess. There are plenty of good components but the movie itself is a huge mess. Nolan's worst movie in my opinion.

That's a good point. It has to live up to not only the previous 2 films but also Nolans work.

I think they were intending something different before Ledger passed. They should have used Two Face as the villain, but they killed him off in TDK which was imo a mistake

It's absolutely incredible how the first two are so excellent and the third one is just such trash. There's no question that Nolan phoned it in, big time, for this one.

Am I the only one who thought the Dark Knight was terrible? The plot was weak as fuck and relied on so many things going right with little payoff. Just felt like a mess. Ledger's Joker was great but that's the only bright spot for me personally. I didn't see the first or third movie, so they may be worse. I enjoyed the older movies as a kid and they're a lot more fun to watch today than the "gritty" Nolan movies, not great movies but they feel like comic books which is rare of the genre these days.

Back