Just rewatched Khabib V Al Iaquinta. A little less confident in Khabib

First it was D1, now it's D2? Lmao, I told you it wasn't even D3. He was a junior college wrestler, and an unaccomplished one at that, and believe me you would be able to tell if you knew what was up too!
Are you basing this off the 20 year old Max fight where he flawlessly wrestled him with a torn ACL and Max was probably confused as hell in that fight, he was injured too. Is it based off Mendes having his way with him for 2 rounds until that stupid choke attempt? What's it based on? Youtube training footage? Who does he train with?

......"really man?? ...dont worry, he'll be all right" -Laquinta

maxresdefault.jpg
iaquinta beat nobody tho... his best win is masvidal and he clearly lost that fight, kevin lee almost doesn't count he's a totally different fighter now, he was skinny and back then he was getting ktfo by cans

Al a D1 wrestler been grinding since he was a kid what logic do you have to back that up? That's absurd. Guys who excel at TKD kicks have shit base of gravity. Al would wear Conor's ass out.
Agreed with everything you said until the last sentence. Don't think Al would have much of a shot at all against McGregor. Unless he has a Diaz level chin he'd get slept.

iaquinta beat nobody tho... his best win is masvidal and he clearly lost that fight, kevin lee almost doesn't count he's a totally different fighter now, he was skinny and back then he was getting ktfo by cans

He was also 20, and Kevin still almost submitted him.

Are you basing this off the 20 year old Max fight where he flawlessly wrestled him with a torn ACL and Max was probably confused as hell in that fight, he was injured too. Is it based off Mendes having his way with him for 2 rounds until that stupid choke attempt? What's it based on? Youtube training footage? Who does he train with?

What? I'm talking about Al. LMAO. Why are you changing the subject just because I was 100% right?

But to answer your question, it's simply technique. There is a right way to do things and wrong way. If Conor does the right thing, and Al doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. It's not like Al is just getting by with a physical advantage. LOL

Al Iaquinta came through one of the most piss poor TUF seasons ever. So much so that Michael Chiesa won it and actually beat him.

He has no striking, rhythm, balance, fluidity, smoothness, timing, accuracy, flexibility. He is just a wrestler who has adapted his wrestling to MMA.
kind of like kaboob.

Rda and Bendo mauled Diaz. Mcgregor got bitch slapped and choked out in the first fight. The rematch was his but he got put on queer street gasping for air and he got taken down at the very end. His 2 performances against gatekeeper Diaz were pretty mediocre for a “goat” contender. But this has little to do with the thread. My point is that Al is a whole different fighter than Mcgregor and you cant be 100 percent sure about the outcome of this fight by watching prior fights of these 2. Both have looked great and bad at times. Both have clear weaknesses that can be exploited.
That version of Nate at 170 Is far closer to peak Nick, had that not been the case he wouldn't have given Conor that level of trouble

Most people judge Nate based on fights that happened 3-5 years ago and longer.

Nate fought Conor in his prime, there's a bit of a difference. His boxing wasn't that impressive back then but now it's amongst the best at 155 or 170. Amir Khan or Andre Ward would agree

Nate's one of the more underrated fighters I can recall for quite some time

Lets also take in consideration that Khabib had 2 opponent changes and barely had any time to prepare for Yaquinta yet still pulled out a 50-43 victory.
But but but but but but but but he got hit few times during those 25 minutes so that means he absolutely sucks.

It's funny people calling 50-43 a close fight. Al literally didn't have a single big moment in that fight. And Khabib was trying out his jab just for fun, actually breaking Al's face pretty badly with it.

Khabib looked vulnerable and awkward, but Al looked like such complete dogshit and exactly like a guy fighting for only the second time in 3 years that it didn't matter.

Ferguson would've beat Khabib, and Felder would've beat Al.

What? I'm talking about Al. LMAO. Why are you changing the subject just because I was 100% right?

But to answer your question, it's simply technique. There is a right way to do things and wrong way. If Conor does the right thing, and Al doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. It's not like Al is just getting by with a physical advantage. LOL
Completely right about what? He was a college wrestler who's been wrestling his entire life. Conor has terrible cardio. Al is a dog. Right way and wrong way? What are you talking about?
Agreed with everything you said until the last sentence. Don't think Al would have much of a shot at all against McGregor. Unless he has a Diaz level chin he'd get slept.
I meant just a wrestling match. MMA Conor sleeps him.

Khabib will probably get hit. He has a good melon though, it remains to be seen if Conor can hurt him early.

If Khabib tries ANY of that bullshit vs. Conor he is fucking dead lol

Al fight is the worst thing that could happen to khabib...he thinks he outstruck an elite striker...

If Khabib just plain slaughtered Al, we would not have a fight on Oct. 6th. Sometimes you just gotta sandbag.

If Khabib just plain slaughtered Al, we would not have a fight on Oct. 6th. Sometimes you just gotta sandbag.
I don't think Khabib took it easy on Al, it was just a bad style matchup, but the fact of the matter is Conor got hoodwinked and goaded into the ass kicking of his life because of the sequence of events that happened (Artem, Khabib looking mortal against Al).

mendez lost his position after attempting a submission that conor defended and got up, sure it's just because he gassed m8

When did I say anything about Mendes losing position? Are you claiming Mendes didn't gas out and it had mo bearing on the fight?

{<huh}

Fan of both Conor and Khabib, not a homer of either tbh. But after the press conference I felt 90% sure Khabib will win against Conor. But if you rewatch the Al Iaquinta fight again there are some questionable moments. If Khabib catches himself standing up with Conor there are some major concerns about his stand up, especially given that Conor just trained in stand up for a year.

Again my money is still on Khabib mauling Conor and beating him but the stand up is not encouraging.

Lot's of moments like these

FloweryAmbitiousAmericanwirehair-size_restricted.gif

SilkyGrizzledAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

khabibs striking looks like conors grappling. in reality these both guys are brothers because both are shit and good in opposite ways.

He would be an idiot to play around with so much on the line. Also, if you're just playing, you could play a lot better than he did.

Khabib basically used that fight to experiment with going 5 rounds and see how he feels.

Back